OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 23:28

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2019, 03:07 

Blade: Neub. Matador Texa Carbon
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G1 2.0
BH: Dr Neub Desperado OX
The faster version of Aggressor :D

AGGRESSOR PRO

This new version comes with the same pimple geometry, consisting of very long and fairly large pimples.

AGGRESSOR PRO also produces good disruptive effect especially while playing actively through counter-attacking and hitting, but also for aggressive blocking.
This new version is also a bit faster so that even more pressure can be put on the opponent.
Flicking over the table has become easier to produce.

This makes this new rubber a good alternative for all players that are happy with AGGRESSOR but need even more speed.

AGGRESSOR PRO: The faster alternative for an aggressive type of game with half-long pimples

Category: Half-long pimples
Colours: red +black
Sponge: 1.3 + 1.5 + 1.8 + 2.0mm
Speed: 95
Spin: 79
Control: 92

Aggressor is a great succes, so curious about Aggressor Pro :D
I said it 2 weeks ago I hope they bring out Aggressor Pro: Here it is !! :D :punch: :devil:
Hopefully the deception remains the same 8)

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2019, 18:23 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
BJ20 wrote:
The faster version of Aggressor :D

AGGRESSOR PRO

This new version comes with the same pimple geometry, consisting of very long and fairly large pimples.

AGGRESSOR PRO also produces good disruptive effect especially while playing actively through counter-attacking and hitting, but also for aggressive blocking.
This new version is also a bit faster so that even more pressure can be put on the opponent.
Flicking over the table has become easier to produce.

This makes this new rubber a good alternative for all players that are happy with AGGRESSOR but need even more speed.

AGGRESSOR PRO: The faster alternative for an aggressive type of game with half-long pimples

Category: Half-long pimples
Colours: red +black
Sponge: 1.3 + 1.5 + 1.8 + 2.0mm
Speed: 95
Spin: 79
Control: 92

Aggressor is a great succes, so curious about Aggressor Pro :D
I said it 2 weeks ago I hope they bring out Aggressor Pro: Here it is !! :D :punch: :devil:
Hopefully the deception remains the same 8)

The EJ virus is quite resilient I see! :D

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2019, 20:35 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Perhaps the most deception is the message that every new Dr Neubauer rubber is so much better than the previous version !! They are certainly taking advantage of pips out players being generally unhappy with the ABS ball . Just buy our latest tweaked version of your current xxxxx and all will be great again.

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2019, 05:04 

Haha Lorre you know me :D Always in for a little bit of EJ sometimes 8)
But KO PRO and Aggressor are good for my style of play.
Maybe Aggressor Pro can give me something more extra, but I don't know yet :P
We will see one day...

Chasfox, yes maybe true what you say but for me personnally the Dr Neubauer rubbers never
disappointed me for my style. But of course a good advertisement these days for new rubbers
is always important for a company. It is business of course ;) But Dr Neubauer has really good experience for me in MP.

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2019, 23:40 

Dr Neubauer Aggressor Pro 1.5 black review: 3-4 times training (faster sponge)

A personnal review: :up:

Blocks:
I found it easier to block passive with the Pro than the normal Aggressor.
Also with the blade pointing up to the ceiling, the blocking was quite easy.
Active blocks are very dangerous, ball skids fast and goes down deep on the other side of the table, just like normal Aggressor but easier and more speedy.

Chopping:
Chop block: easier to do with the PRO version and more reversal also, but more speedy to keep ball short on the table.
Chopping long distance: first chop seems to have a no spin ball, second chop can be loaded with much backspin if you can bend the thick pips. Vertical fast ripchop is high reversal ball. Horizontal chop is more of a no spin, light reversal ball. So good spin manipulation if you have the right technique. When you have no time to execute the chop well you have a ball with no spin or little bit reversal. Found more backspin in normal Aggressor with right technique.

Against no spin ball, balls with backspin.
More control against no spin ball, ball goes less upwards or down in net: good low path.
Good for service return.
Against backspin, opening up is very easy. Flicks too. More pressure for the opponent.
Ball is fast but less low than normal Aggressor on the other side of the table (think it is med – low)

Attacking:
Good attacking options, better than the normal Aggressor because of the faster sponge.
Less mistakes from myself.

Deception:
Good deception in this MP. Found the PRO a little bit less deceptive than the normal version because it has a faster sponge. But still pretty deceptive for a MP. PRO version has a harder feel. Good variation possible like with the normal Aggressor. Throw is Low – Medium. Good fast counters, return and active blocks possible with the blade pointing up to the ceiling.
If you can have a good variation game or you want to attack faster than the normal Aggressor it is a good choice. Normal Aggressor give more floating ball and deception. Aggressor PRO gives a more direct feel and less floating balls. You will win less points by the deception, but you will loose less easy points because it is easier to play.

CONCLUSION: :rock:
A good experience to me again from Dr Neubauer. The faster version give me a little bit more safety in my game. Ok, little bit less mistakes from my opponent, but easier to play for myself which is important also: but of course a little bit easier to play for my opponent too. But i like it very much so far. It does everything that Aggressor 1.5 does. In general it has more speed and is easier to play and attack, deception a little bit less because it is more speedy. Normal Aggressor give more floating balls which leads to more easy mistakes from the opponent + throw is very low, Aggressor Pro is low-med and less float. But if I give Aggressor 9/10 in deception, Aggressor PRO is at least 8.0/10.

Short comparison:

Aggressor 1.5 black:
- More deception and floating balls + ball dives quickly
- Good control in defense
- Not so easy to play with but opponent has a hard time to deal with
- Throw angle is very low to low
- Good spin manipulation
- Some balls have to play with a more open blade than Aggressor PRO to get the most out of it

Aggressor PRO 1.5 black:
- Little bit less deception than normal Aggressor, less floating balls but easier to handle no spin balls
- Easier to play with and attacking possibilitys, so little bit easier to play against
- Blocks and counters are much faster but easier to do, more pressure for opponent.
- Defense control is ok and possible but faster
- Throw is low to medium-low

Aggressor PRO is a good backhand rubber in 1.5 black on my blade. :devil:
Not sure if i’m going to play with the normal Aggressor or Aggressor Pro the next season
It is a difficult but possitive choice. :whew:
Thx Dr Neubauer and his team for the good service and MP these days 8)

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2019, 02:13 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
Thx for the review, BJ. :up:

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2019, 05:51 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Great review BJ20. I think I will order it in 1.3mm as the DMS breakout I was given is just not dangerous enough with the latest balls.

How is the weight of pro compared to the original?

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2019, 18:05 

I weighted them in the package.

Normal Aggressor 1.5 black in package is 92g
Aggressor Pro 1.5 black in package is 76g

Aggressor Pro weighs less on the same blade, maybe when on the blade cutted at least 5g less.
Did not weighted the rubbers when whole or cutted, only in the package.

So weighs less for sure 8)

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2022, 01:02 

Blade: Viscaria
FH: Rakza 7.0
BH: Waran 1.8
BJ20 wrote:
Dr Neubauer Aggressor Pro 1.5 black review: 3-4 times training (faster sponge)

A personnal review: :up:

Blocks:
I found it easier to block passive with the Pro than the normal Aggressor.
Also with the blade pointing up to the ceiling, the blocking was quite easy.
Active blocks are very dangerous, ball skids fast and goes down deep on the other side of the table, just like normal Aggressor but easier and more speedy.

Chopping:
Chop block: easier to do with the PRO version and more reversal also, but more speedy to keep ball short on the table.
Chopping long distance: first chop seems to have a no spin ball, second chop can be loaded with much backspin if you can bend the thick pips. Vertical fast ripchop is high reversal ball. Horizontal chop is more of a no spin, light reversal ball. So good spin manipulation if you have the right technique. When you have no time to execute the chop well you have a ball with no spin or little bit reversal. Found more backspin in normal Aggressor with right technique.

Against no spin ball, balls with backspin.
More control against no spin ball, ball goes less upwards or down in net: good low path.
Good for service return.
Against backspin, opening up is very easy. Flicks too. More pressure for the opponent.
Ball is fast but less low than normal Aggressor on the other side of the table (think it is med – low)

Attacking:
Good attacking options, better than the normal Aggressor because of the faster sponge.
Less mistakes from myself.

Deception:
Good deception in this MP. Found the PRO a little bit less deceptive than the normal version because it has a faster sponge. But still pretty deceptive for a MP. PRO version has a harder feel. Good variation possible like with the normal Aggressor. Throw is Low – Medium. Good fast counters, return and active blocks possible with the blade pointing up to the ceiling.
If you can have a good variation game or you want to attack faster than the normal Aggressor it is a good choice. Normal Aggressor give more floating ball and deception. Aggressor PRO gives a more direct feel and less floating balls. You will win less points by the deception, but you will loose less easy points because it is easier to play.

CONCLUSION: :rock:
A good experience to me again from Dr Neubauer. The faster version give me a little bit more safety in my game. Ok, little bit less mistakes from my opponent, but easier to play for myself which is important also: but of course a little bit easier to play for my opponent too. But i like it very much so far. It does everything that Aggressor 1.5 does. In general it has more speed and is easier to play and attack, deception a little bit less because it is more speedy. Normal Aggressor give more floating balls which leads to more easy mistakes from the opponent + throw is very low, Aggressor Pro is low-med and less float. But if I give Aggressor 9/10 in deception, Aggressor PRO is at least 8.0/10.

Short comparison:

Aggressor 1.5 black:
- More deception and floating balls + ball dives quickly
- Good control in defense
- Not so easy to play with but opponent has a hard time to deal with
- Throw angle is very low to low
- Good spin manipulation
- Some balls have to play with a more open blade than Aggressor PRO to get the most out of it

Aggressor PRO 1.5 black:
- Little bit less deception than normal Aggressor, less floating balls but easier to handle no spin balls
- Easier to play with and attacking possibilitys, so little bit easier to play against
- Blocks and counters are much faster but easier to do, more pressure for opponent. ;( ;( ;(
- Defense control is ok and possible but faster
- Throw is low to medium-low

Aggressor PRO is a good backhand rubber in 1.5 black on my blade. :devil:
Not sure if i’m going to play with the normal Aggressor or Aggressor Pro the next season
It is a difficult but possitive choice. :whew:
Thx Dr Neubauer and his team for the good service and MP these days 8)

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2022, 03:26 

Blade: Viscaria
FH: Rakza 7.0
BH: Waran 1.8
BJ20, great review on Aggressor Pro. I've been using the normal Aggressor 1.5 on backhand for about 2 months.
Although this rubber is causing headache for many opponents, but some players (U.S rating 1700-1900) were able to adapted to the no-spin ball, and block/smash the no-spin ball easily :( . My problems could be I didn't know how to block actively and/or attack weakly from my backhand probably due to lack of technique and confident issue. So, I hope the faster Pro version might help me overcome weak backhand.
Thanks,

Bkhandpips

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2022, 17:50 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Where from can I obtain new legs and new heart to get my body strong again? I CERTAINLY want new legs.

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2024, 06:25 

Has anyone tested and trained for several months with this rubber with 2 mm. sponge on an extremely hard and fast blade?
I tried (for comparison) the 1.8 mm. and they're nothing alike.
After a few minutes I had to remove it.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!