OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 15:44

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2020, 20:22 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
yes those two videos show both the strengths and weaknesses of Flashback which I think is probably similar to Orkan which I have used quite a bit.

Both players appeared to be more comfortable with disruptive blocks against loops than attacking when i would expect the long softer pips of flashback and soft tensor sponge make accurate hitting difficult. As an example in the second video he seems to attack with a sort of LP sideswipe like the big guy at GeblockTT and not a conventional SP stroke I played on Friday with Armstrong Attack 3 1.5mm and I lost a lot of disruption but was able to hit with much more accuracy and less errors than i could with say Orkan.

So if you want mainly to hit disruptive blocks against topspin or easily drive though chops from say LP's then Flashback is a good option but for a varied game at club level i.e block and hit and attacking slower low spin balls perhaps it has its limitations.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2020, 00:45 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Tried Hellcat today. I still struggle with position, what stroke to use, standing too much BH-oriented. But Hellcat is easier than Flashback for pure driving and hitting. It is rather good for hitting actually. If you are prepared, you can hit through a spinny loop, countering the ball back. That is much more difficult with Flasback. Attacking back spin is a little more easy with Hellcat since you can add some spin on your own, making the window bigger. But that return is more easy to counter for the opponent.

This is how my first attempts looks like, not much to see but it could give you some idea about how these two pips differ:
https://youtu.be/muJdLhYbYv4
https://youtu.be/y25k_9KClRk

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2020, 04:16 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
As I thought Hellcat seems to suit you better although perhaps a softer blade would be worth trying to give more control on blocking fast shots. You had nice low short pushes and some good controlled drives against topspin . When you did make errors it was often because you tried to topspin a falling ball which is a no no with low grip pips. Try to work on taking the ball earlier whether blocking or driving i,e. at top of bounce or earlier to put your opponent under pressure. When I play badly on the BH with MP's it is often because I am falling back and too passive so I have keep telling myself to play on the front foot.