OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 16:08

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Spinlord Gipfelsturm
PostPosted: 08 Apr 2022, 01:38 

Blade: Butterfly Viscaria Light
FH: Dignics 80
BH: Gipfelsturm
Hi,

Any Gipfelsturm users out here ?

I've been playing with a backside in the backhand for years and I became a gipf user 4 years ago : a tactical game changer for me, I have become a more "balanced" opponent with a slighlty toxic / passive-aggressive backhand and a (still) quite powerful forehand.

I am the tall guy in black playing from 0:00 to 05:00 in the video below :

Post subject: Re: Spinlord Gipfelsturm
PostPosted: 27 Jun 2022, 13:20 

Blade: Donic Dotec Impuls
FH: Glayzer 09C 1.9mm
BH: Diabolic Special
Yes, I just recently switched to Gipfelsturm, love you control, but going to try it in Ox (no sponge) to make it a little slower and trickier.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2023, 17:45 

Blade: Xiom ICE CREAM AZX
FH: VICTAS 102 (ZLC side)2 mm
BH: Spinlord Gipfelsturm 1.5m
pipper4flipper wrote:
Yes, I just recently switched to Gipfelsturm, love you control, but going to try it in Ox (no sponge) to make it a little slower and trickier.

Hi,
Don't know whether you have tried it. I have used Gipfelsturm OX before. It have no reverse at all. It's better to have a sponge on Gipfelsturm.

Blade#1: Xiom ICE CREAM AZX
Blade#2: Nittaku Acoustic Carbon Inner
Blade#3: Joo Saehyuk
FH: VICTAS 102 2.0mm
BH#1: Spinlord Gipfelsturm 1.5mm (ALC side)
BH#2: Nittaku DO Knuckle 1.4mm
BH#3: Yasaka Anti Power

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2023, 03:26 

nelsonchen wrote:
pipper4flipper wrote:

Hi,
Don't know whether you have tried it. I have used Gipfelsturm OX before. It have no reverse at all. It's better to have a sponge on Gipfelsturm.

Without sponge there was worse control?
What with the reversal spin? Close to the table?
Far away I know better will be in sponge but close OX solution should be better.
Do you play OX close to the table? how it was?

Czopiarze - Tenis stołowy sklep - Sprzęt do tenisa stołowego | Ping Pong | Okładziny do tenisa stołowego | Deski do tenisa stołowego | Tenis stołowy | Długie czopy - Tenis stołowy | Krótkie czopy - Tenis stołowy | GEWO - Tenis stołowy | Der-Materialspezialist - Tenis stołowy | Tibhar - Tenis stołowy | Spinlord - Tenis stołowy

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2023, 10:37 

CzopiarzePL wrote:
nelsonchen wrote:
pipper4flipper wrote:

Hi,

Without sponge there was worse control?
What with the reversal spin? Close to the table?
Far away I know better will be in sponge but close OX solution should be better.
Do you play OX close to the table? how it was?

I play close to table. Medium Pimple OX like 563 usually gives you more reversal spin than with sponge. However it surprises me that Gipfelsturm OX gives no reversal at all just like a SP rubber.

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2023, 18:47 

Quote:
I play close to table. Medium Pimple OX like 563 usually gives you more reversal spin than with sponge. However it surprises me that Gipfelsturm OX gives no reversal at all just like a SP rubber.

This is a little strange I think, no reversal spin close to the table on the OX version.. I never played Gipfelsturm without sponge, only on 1,5 mm.

Czopiarze - Tenis stołowy sklep - Sprzęt do tenisa stołowego | Ping Pong | Okładziny do tenisa stołowego | Deski do tenisa stołowego | Tenis stołowy | Długie czopy - Tenis stołowy | Krótkie czopy - Tenis stołowy | GEWO - Tenis stołowy | Der-Materialspezialist - Tenis stołowy | Tibhar - Tenis stołowy | Spinlord - Tenis stołowy

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2023, 20:44 

CzopiarzePL wrote:
Quote:

This is a little strange I think, no reversal spin close to the table on the OX version.. I never played Gipfelsturm without sponge, only on 1,5 mm.

This surprises me too. I also usually play Gipfelsturm 1.5mm. I guess that its soft sponge is part of the recipe to make the reversal spin effect.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2023, 05:11 

nelsonchen wrote:
CzopiarzePL wrote:
Quote:

This surprises me too. I also usually play Gipfelsturm 1.5mm. I guess that its soft sponge is part of the recipe to make the reversal spin effect.

In fact for me playing against Gipfelsturm is I think the most difficult to compare this pimple rubber with other short Pimples for sure ;)

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2023, 18:12 

Could anyone confirm whether Spinlord Keiler and Gipfelsturm share the same sponge type and hardness?

a little background, I was using Keiler 1.5mm for a couple of months and switched to another pip. Last night, I tried Gipfelsturm 1.8mm and found that it was more dangerous and had good control on the backhand block. Unfortunately, I had a problem hitting some push from my partner due to the thickness of the sponge. I plan to switch the 1.2mm ex-keiler sponge to gipfelsturm hoping that the hitting ability is increasing

best regard

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2023, 23:07 

pejantan wrote:
Could anyone confirm whether Spinlord Keiler and Gipfelsturm share the same sponge type and hardness?

a little background, I was using Keiler 1.5mm for a couple of months and switched to another pip. Last night, I tried Gipfelsturm 1.8mm and found that it was more dangerous and had good control on the backhand block. Unfortunately, I had a problem hitting some push from my partner due to the thickness of the sponge. I plan to switch the 1.2mm ex-keiler sponge to gipfelsturm hoping that the hitting ability is increasing

best regard

According to the information in internet, Keiler shares the same sponge with Spinlord Waran not Gipfelsturm. I have played both Keiler and Gipfelsturm. I also have tried to attach Gipfelsturm OX on various thickness or hardness sponges. Nothing better than the original sponge. They became very normal and easy rubbers to opponents. Gipfelsturm with the original sponge gives you the best control and confusion to opponents. The down side is that it's not a speedy rubber and takes a bit practices to get used to its down side. I have played many kinds of pimple rubbers but always come back to Gipfelsturm. Still look for something better in the world to replace Gipfelsturm.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!