OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:15

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2021, 19:40 
Super User

I'm looking for a direct comparison in the different playing characteristics of the butterfly joo se hyuk blade and stiga defensive Pro please.

TIA guys

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2021, 22:39 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: 729 HS Champion carbon
FH: Razka X max, black
BH: SavigaV LP 1.0 red/green
Bump

I am interested in comparisons to any other similar class blades. (and you can throw in the nexy JSK blade as well)

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2021, 20:10 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
They are very different. Joo has a clear wooden feel with little vibration, not very far from a Stiga Clipper wood actually. But it also has a nice dampening effect when chopping. When loopibg it feels like a rather fast blade with good arc and spin.

Stiga Defensive Pro is a thin carbon blade, a bit lighter. It actually works good with frictionless anti for blocking. It is a lot slower than Joo and also rather stiff but with some vibrations. Throw angle is rather low for a defensive blade. I had a really hard time looping with it, I could not generate any spin with it. But smashing was good, and blocking. Control is very good.

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2021, 02:50 

Blade: Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offen
FH: Galaxy Yinhe Jupiter II H
BH: -
Def-attack wrote:
They are very different. Joo has a clear wooden feel with little vibration, not very far from a Stiga Clipper wood actually. But it also has a nice dampening effect when chopping. When loopibg it feels like a rather fast blade with good arc and spin.

Stiga Defensive Pro is a thin carbon blade, a bit lighter. It actually works good with frictionless anti for blocking. It is a lot slower than Joo and also rather stiff but with some vibrations. Throw angle is rather low for a defensive blade. I had a really hard time looping with it, I could not generate any spin with it. But smashing was good, and blocking. Control is very good.
I can definitely say that my Clipper is somewhat similar to a chopper's JSH in my club. Similar vibrations on loops, I think I can't tell the difference.

They both loop very well, however I think far from the table, clipper is better for looping. (And you remembered you are a defender, so not too much far from table looping is needed, plus clipper is 7ply and thicker)

Sent from my M2102J20SG using Tapatalk