OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:55

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2021, 17:40 

Blade: Tibhar Force pro black ed
FH: Tenergy 05
BH: Tenergy 05
For blades im considering Donic Waldner World Champion 89 off, DHS Hurricane 301 (maybe better for dhs3neo and good alc), or even a YINHE 14 or 14 pro.

I briefely tried the Donic, felt amazing forehand spin, good control, and very consistent, but low feedback, and the DHS 301 need to test more but felt good but less speed it seems.

​​​​​​​What are your thoughts on what would be better

Last edited by Luigiii on 27 Nov 2021, 00:46, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2021, 15:33 

I have been looking up the details of each these at various times too. I can’t help with your choice but I can give some info about each one gathered from different forums.

Donic WWC89: inner ZLC type. Made by Soulspin. Spruce outer ply (apparently this is similar to hinoki which is the outer ply of Primorac Carbon). Soulspin also make Andro TP Ligna CI which should play similarly and speedwise is between WWC89 (upper range OFF) and AWC89 (OFF-, faster than its ALL+ designation).

DHS H301: inner ALC type. Koto outer ply. Slightly larger head size. Can be thought of as an “Innerforce Viscaria”. Yasaka Alnade Inner (Reinforce AC before it) is an alternative though more expensive. H301 by all accounts is the best bang for buck blade. Try to find one between 90-92g. Fish scale for less splintering issues though will play harder than non fish scale cut.

Yinhe V14 Pro is a Viscaria clone made for CNT. It’s slightly thicker so should be a touch faster and harder feeling than Viscaria at the same weight. Outer ALC type. Koto outer ply.
There are lots of Viscaria clones from various manufacturers, see if anyone from your local club has you can hit around with. From cheapest to most expensive: Baum Espirit, Xiom Stradivarius, Mattenet OFF, Gewo Force ARC (slower), Yasaka Alnade, Donic OTC and a few more that are less well known.

For me personally I’ve been lucky there’s a lot of Viscaria owners willing to let me hit around with their setups so I have a reference point. Viscaria is slightly too fast so I’ve narrowed down to H301, Gewo Force Arc or Xiom HAL. Like you I need to be able to try first before I buy.

Good luck I hope there’s some good input on this thread in your search.

Btw - there is no “best”, everything is subjective !

Last edited by ZFT on 26 Nov 2021, 08:06, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2021, 18:31 

Yeah Viscaria is too fast for.
One's an inner szlc blade (Donic wwc88) other a inner alc blade (dhs301) what're the main differences?

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2021, 08:20 

I choose Donic, when i test it for a while I'll leave feedback.

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2021, 03:57 

Blade: Nittaku Acoustic
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G-1
BH: Nittaku Fastarc G-1
Hi, could you please tell us about your experience with the Donic Waldner WC89 blade. I'm interested in buying one for Christmas. Thanks!

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2021, 06:25 

andyk wrote:
Hi, could you please tell us about your experience with the Donic Waldner WC89 blade. I'm interested in buying one for Christmas. Thanks!

Still waiting for the shipping, can't say much for now.

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2021, 11:11 

Blade: Nittaku Acoustic
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G-1
BH: Nittaku Fastarc G-1
Thank you

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2022, 08:20 

andyk wrote:
Thank you

Hey guys!!!

Finally got the chance to try my new Donic Waldner Wc 89 with two Tenergy 05, 2.2mm on forehand and 1.9mm backhand.

First thoughts about it:

-Very nice touch overall.
-Seem to be very good and well balanced to block (really good imo).
- Very good to do soft or hard topspin, easy to brush the ball. Against backspin i still want to try more to have a better feel.
-The serve, in the beginning the ball was going longer than what i wanted, but mainly because the last week's i was trying a dhs hurricane 3 neo on tibhar force pro (allwood), so now, playing with this new blade and with Tenergy 05 is not fair to only blame the blade, i think the rubber bounciness is more guilty here than the blade.
-Serve receive i felt no problems, seemed to have a good feel but once again, a couple more training and ill have a better idea.
-Build quality, top notch.

For the price i got it, around 70€ i think its a great option for an attacker, either a two wing looper or someone who likes to punch block too.