OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 22 Jun 2024, 19:01

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: New blade opinions
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2024, 12:44 

Hello guys,

I have a Timo Boll ALC with Tenergy 05 hard on FH and Dignics 05 on BH.
Before I had a Waldner Senso Ultra Carbón with T05 on FH and T05 FX on BH.

I enjoyed both of my previous blades, the control con the Waldner Senso and the power on the Timo Boll ALC

I’m going to be in a great store in Barcelona and I’m thinking on getting a couple new blades since it got better prices than my city.

So far I’m between these, I want to buy 2 blades, one with good control and speed and other that’s more fast.

Nittaku Acoustic (tried this with a victas on FH rakza z on BH and loved the feel)
Butterfly Primorac Carbon (tried this one and felt a real good speed but not sure how controlable is)
Butterfly Viscaria Super ALC (curious about this one)
Butterfly Zhang Jike Super ZLC (curious about this ZLC technology)

I’m a aggressive close/mid to table player. I give a lot of spin/power on my FH and prefer more curvy shots than direct ones.

Any thoughts on what next blades I can get of those? I’m also planning on buying a Dignics 09c to try it.

Thanks!

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject: Re: New blade opinions
PostPosted: 10 Jun 2024, 14:08 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
Speed:
Nittaku Acoustic < Viscaria SALC < ZJK SZLC < Primorac Carbon

Arc:
Nittaku Acoustic > Viscaria SALC > ZJK SZLC > Primorac Carbon

FZD/Viscaria SALC is close to Timo Boll ALC, since you already have TB ALC, no great incentive to try SALC.
JZK SZLC is close to Primorac Carbon in speed, but not as drastic in feel comparison between ALC to ZLC than with Tamca 5000 (Primorac Carbon).

I thought you said you tried Primorac Carbon before, why couldn't you tell about how controllable it is?
For what it's worth, I don't think PC is uncontrollable. Just the different in feel and directness might throw of people who are not accustomed to using such blades.

Anyway, the two blades to recommend would be Nittaku Acoustic and ZJK SZLC. Or, if the price is the same, you could also get the FZD SZLC/LYJ SZLC, whichever is cheaper/available.

If you want a more certain compatibility, then Acoustic and FZD/Viscaria SALC. Because some people don't like SZLC. SZLC has less feel and a bit more direct. I personally think the SZLC is very good blade, at least mine is.

Out of the six blades you mentioned, I have played with three, and have those three in my possession: Acoustic, TB ALC, Primorac Carbon. I haven't played with ZJK SZLC and don't have it, but I have played and have the Mizutani Jun SZLC, which is close to ZJK SZLC.

Attached is Butterfly blade matrix for review/comparison.

Attachments:
photo_2024-06-10_12-28-10.jpg
photo_2024-06-10_12-28-10.jpg [ 170.53 KiB | Viewed 676 times ]

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2024, 21:26 

Blade: KOKI NIWA WOOD
FH: ROZENA
BH: SPINFIRE
rokphish2 wrote:
Speed:

Arc:

FZD/Viscaria SALC is close to Timo Boll ALC, since you already have TB ALC, no great incentive to try SALC.
JZK SZLC is close to Primorac Carbon in speed, but not as drastic in feel comparison between ALC to ZLC than with Tamca 5000 (Primorac Carbon).

I thought you said you tried Primorac Carbon before, why couldn't you tell about how controllable it is?
For what it's worth, I don't think PC is uncontrollable. Just the different in feel and directness might throw of people who are not accustomed to using such blades.

Anyway, the two blades to recommend would be Nittaku Acoustic and ZJK SZLC. Or, if the price is the same, you could also get the FZD SZLC/LYJ SZLC, whichever is cheaper/available.

If you want a more certain compatibility, then Acoustic and FZD/Viscaria SALC. Because some people don't like SZLC. SZLC has less feel and a bit more direct. I personally think the SZLC is very good blade, at least mine is.

Out of the six blades you mentioned, I have played with three, and have those three in my possession: Acoustic, TB ALC, Primorac Carbon. I haven't played with ZJK SZLC and don't have it, but I have played and have the Mizutani Jun SZLC, which is close to ZJK SZLC.

What do you think of victas woods?
I have always used butterfly woods until I tried Victas, specifically the Victas Koki Niwa, the feeling you have of control along with its speed is crazy.
I prefer wood-only blades so as not to lose sensation, but the carbon edition has very good reviews.

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2024, 22:38 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tibhar Force Pro SE
FH: Razka XX max, black
BH: LP OX, Monkey/SavigaV
Eduvillegas97 wrote:
rokphish2 wrote:
Speed:

Arc:

What do you think of victas woods?
I have always used butterfly woods until I tried Victas, specifically the Victas Koki Niwa, the feeling you have of control along with its speed is crazy.
I prefer wood-only blades so as not to lose sensation, but the carbon edition has very good reviews.

I have two koki niwa wood 7 plys and while the control is fantastic, I find the speed serious lacking. I can't figure out why as they came from two different vendors.

A consideration for the OP if they would like wood is the yasaka falck W7 and if they still want fast carbon the yasaka falck carbon.