OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 16:52

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 615 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 41  Next
 Post subject: Re: Make your own blade
PostPosted: 01 Nov 2015, 13:19 

Nice blade. Do you hollow the handle? Ebony wood is quite heavy. Hollowing hard woods like ebony won't make the handle feels hollow.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2015, 13:32 

Thanks! Yes I hollowed the handle on the ebony, it alone weighed 64 g's !! feels really balanced in the hand though will have to wait to see how it feels with rubbers. Ordered long pips for BH and an inverted sheet for FH should be fun.

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2015, 13:56 

Wow. 64gr for the handles is a bit too heavy. I guess there's still many areas that you can shave to lower the weight. My heaviest handles weight about 34-36gr.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2015, 05:50 

The latest build for a co-worker:
Zebrawood
Pearwood
Balsa
Pearwood
Zebrawood

Purple heart handles

82.2 g all said and done.

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2015, 16:23 

Really good looking blade with the zebrano as outer veneer , but Zebrano or zebrawood is pretty hard wood ... or ?
i`m using it mostly on the handles.... but mayebe someone want this stiff wood at top ply
For instance i`m using wenge ass top ply on my blade (which is even harder then zebrano ) and i feel i do not have such a great contact so i`m going for softer woods ... all around 800 Janka hardness
for my Head Coach im just making a new blade according his specifications for one side to be defend and second attacking
one side poplar on 6mm balsa core , then Carbon and mahogany and zebrano for the handles.
I have created video from the gluing process so maybe i can put it on the Youtube.
But anyway ....
what are you using for sealing the blade ?

Keep continuing ..
Robert

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2015, 17:56 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Very nice spacecadet! :clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2015, 18:33 

OK here is video of my gluing process of composite blade ... It is simple blade but it is according a customer requirements.

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2015, 18:10 

Ok here is part 2 cutting

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2015, 22:41 

and here is the third part

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2015, 17:39 

And here are the finished blades:
Ok here are the finished blades from the series .
This is all+ , 85g
boire , mahogany, balsa, mahogany , boire
handle : IROKO

This one is all , 83g
Brown ash , mahogany, balsa , mahogany, brown ash
handle : WENGE

And this last one is my new personal blade OFF+, 98g
boire, birch, carbon , balsa , aramid/carbon, birch, koto
handle : wenge..... the writing is not good made but i have to save material ... ;-)

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2016, 18:16 

hello everyone, first of all, thanks you very much to rosa and everyone for sharing this beautifull art of crafting and playing.
i am just normal player who played ping pong from my house, but love it, and also love the woodworking. so i was looking for some informática out crafting a ping pong blade. luckly i found this wonderfull post.
i wanted to try make a blade, and i reales a lot about it here. but i have some questions that i didnt catch, by the way please be patient for my english is not very good.
i readed you using an asembly diferents woods for the the core. but they are veneer or it is real wood? if they are veneer should be the same using one or a other texture of veneer?
i will start with this question. thanks you very much!!

Lucilo

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2016, 23:43 
The Wood Magician

Lucilo wrote:
hello everyone, first of all, thanks you very much to rosa and everyone for sharing this beautifull art of crafting and playing.
i am just normal player who played ping pong from my house, but love it, and also love the woodworking. so i was looking for some informática out crafting a ping pong blade. luckly i found this wonderfull post.
i wanted to try make a blade, and i reales a lot about it here. but i have some questions that i didnt catch, by the way please be patient for my english is not very good.
i readed you using an asembly diferents woods for the the core. but they are veneer or it is real wood? if they are veneer should be the same using one or a other texture of veneer?
i will start with this question. thanks you very much!!

Lucilo

Lucilo,
The veneer is real wood. It is generally found in 0.6mm thickness. The core is real wood, but needs to be thicker than veneer to build a blade that is of the usual thickness. I purchase veneer, but I cut the core wood from planks and size to the thickness that I need.
You can mix different species of wood in the same blade. The mix of different hardness, weight, stiffness, and thickness provide a lot of variability in the characteristics of the blade. You won't run out of possibilities to experiment with. Good luck to you on your blade projects!

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2016, 00:14 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Welcome back Ross! Haven't spotted you in a while.

Some really nice works been added to this thread since I last read it. Blade making seems to be alive and well :up:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2016, 01:08 
The Wood Magician

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Welcome back Ross! Haven't spotted you in a while.

Some really nice works been added to this thread since I last read it. Blade making seems to be alive and well :up:

Oh, I've been lurking the whole time! :)

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2016, 18:13 

oh i see, i was looking on Internet and found some place where i can find thats real wood veneer, and then will try to make my own blade. so i think i will be asking some few question more here and also sharing my progress. thanks so much Ross, really apreciate your way of sharing your knowledge. and by the way i was checking your kayaks work. they are totally awesome. let me tell you that it is one of my Dreams learn to make a cannoe like that. i really admire your works. thanks again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 615 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 41  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!