OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Jan 2020, 23:54


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: 729 bomb upgrade
PostPosted: 30 May 2015, 09:20 
Offline
Full member

Joined: 29 Jan 2011, 07:23
Posts: 59
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
is there an upgrade blade for the bomb? I meant some more speed?


Top
 Profile  
 


 Post subject: Re: 729 bomb upgrade
PostPosted: 30 May 2015, 16:36 
Offline
Goes to 11
Goes to 11
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 20:27
Posts: 8966
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1084 times
Yinhe T8. :lol:

Iskandar


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 729 bomb upgrade
PostPosted: 30 May 2015, 19:27 
Offline
Count Darkula
Count Darkula
User avatar

Joined: 01 Dec 2007, 15:07
Posts: 17488
Location: Dark side of Australia!!
Has thanked: 416 times
Been thanked: 290 times
Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Would the T8 be faster than the Bomb? I have a T8 and I found its quick but not THAT quick....well not in relation to Gergely anyway :lol: I have never used the Bomb, but from readings I thought it was fairly fast. The Gergely should be a step up for sure, but its more than a step up in cost(especially these days).

_________________
I'm always in the dark, but the Dark sheds lights upon everything!! :twisted: Beauty is only pimple deep! Beauty is in the eye of the pipholder!
S/U 1: Blade: Bty Gergely . FH Black Andro Rasant 2.1 . BH Red Tibhar Grass Dtecs
S/U 2: Blade: Bty Gergely . FH Black Hexer+ 2.1 . BH Red GD Talon
S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 729 bomb upgrade
PostPosted: 30 May 2015, 19:36 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 30 Sep 2013, 04:28
Posts: 257
Location: Croatia - Žembrkčić kraj Donjih Pripizdinaca
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 21 times
loopinsmalltown wrote:
is there an upgrade blade for the bomb? I meant some more speed?

There are lots of faster blades although Bomb is not slow.
You can try DHS PG7. It is a bit faster, but also with great control. It is blade with high throw angle for spin oriented game...
Or consider faster rubbers if you like Bomb.

_________________
Blade: Yinhe (Galaxy) W-6 (flared)
FH: Friendship Cream Transcend (2.0 mm)
BH: Friendship Cream Transcend (2.0 mm)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 729 bomb upgrade
PostPosted: 30 May 2015, 23:31 
Offline
Full member

Joined: 29 Jan 2011, 07:23
Posts: 59
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
I meant next generation bomb, I like the properties of the bomb and also tried some other "faster blade", although the faster blade makes some impressive shots, but to win a match I have to go back to the bomb, but it takes a harder swing to make a good winner (and I am getting older), so....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 729 bomb upgrade
PostPosted: 31 May 2015, 05:02 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 30 Sep 2013, 04:28
Posts: 257
Location: Croatia - Žembrkčić kraj Donjih Pripizdinaca
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 21 times
loopinsmalltown wrote:
I meant next generation bomb, I like the properties of the bomb and also tried some other "faster blade", although the faster blade makes some impressive shots, but to win a match I have to go back to the bomb, but it takes a harder swing to make a good winner (and I am getting older), so....

I'm getting older too. It seems to happen to lots of people these days. ;)
I do not think there is New and Improved Bomb blade. If you win with Bomb, maybe you should keep it and consider faster rubbers. People say that blade is more important then rubbers so if you have one that works, why change it...
What rubbers do you use?

_________________
Blade: Yinhe (Galaxy) W-6 (flared)
FH: Friendship Cream Transcend (2.0 mm)
BH: Friendship Cream Transcend (2.0 mm)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 729 bomb upgrade
PostPosted: 31 May 2015, 11:27 
Offline
Goes to 11
Goes to 11
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 20:27
Posts: 8966
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1084 times
I've seen people post here that the T8 was a rocket... :lol: Not terribly expensive, either.

I don't think the Bomb is being made any more, the current 729 blade with cork in the middle is the A3. No idea if it's faster/better/heavier/lighter/any different from the Bomb, though. Might even be a Bomb with a different colored handle, for all I know. I have one, but I started playing (again) after all the Bombs had disappeared (so that makes me part of the Post-Bomb Generation... :lol: ).

There is also a KTL/LKT blade with cork (costs a lot more) as well. Looks like an idea that never really caught on.

Iskandar


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 729 bomb upgrade
PostPosted: 31 May 2015, 13:17 
Offline
Full member

Joined: 29 Jan 2011, 07:23
Posts: 59
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
Obi-wan wrote:
loopinsmalltown wrote:
I meant next generation bomb, I like the properties of the bomb and also tried some other "faster blade", although the faster blade makes some impressive shots, but to win a match I have to go back to the bomb, but it takes a harder swing to make a good winner (and I am getting older), so....

I'm getting older too. It seems to happen to lots of people these days. ;)
I do not think there is New and Improved Bomb blade. If you win with Bomb, maybe you should keep it and consider faster rubbers. People say that blade is more important then rubbers so if you have one that works, why change it...
What rubbers do you use?


I am using the Galaxy Mercury 2, tried many rubbers and always come back to this, my next less successful setting is sword blue virtue with Tin Arc on forehand and Blitz on backhand


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 729 bomb upgrade
PostPosted: 31 May 2015, 13:19 
Offline
Full member

Joined: 29 Jan 2011, 07:23
Posts: 59
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
iskandar taib wrote:
I've seen people post here that the T8 was a rocket... :lol: Not terribly expensive, either.

I don't think the Bomb is being made any more, the current 729 blade with cork in the middle is the A3. No idea if it's faster/better/heavier/lighter/any different from the Bomb, though. Might even be a Bomb with a different colored handle, for all I know. I have one, but I started playing (again) after all the Bombs had disappeared (so that makes me part of the Post-Bomb Generation... :lol: ).

There is also a KTL/LKT blade with cork (costs a lot more) as well. Looks like an idea that never really caught on.

Iskandar



Guess my options would be buy a couple of bomb or try A3?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 729 bomb upgrade
PostPosted: 31 May 2015, 16:47 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 30 Sep 2013, 04:28
Posts: 257
Location: Croatia - Žembrkčić kraj Donjih Pripizdinaca
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 21 times
loopinsmalltown wrote:
Obi-wan wrote:
loopinsmalltown wrote:
I meant next generation bomb, I like the properties of the bomb and also tried some other "faster blade", although the faster blade makes some impressive shots, but to win a match I have to go back to the bomb, but it takes a harder swing to make a good winner (and I am getting older), so....

I'm getting older too. It seems to happen to lots of people these days. ;)
I do not think there is New and Improved Bomb blade. If you win with Bomb, maybe you should keep it and consider faster rubbers. People say that blade is more important then rubbers so if you have one that works, why change it...
What rubbers do you use?


I am using the Galaxy Mercury 2, tried many rubbers and always come back to this, my next less successful setting is sword blue virtue with Tin Arc on forehand and Blitz on backhand

Tried Mercury 2 for some time. It was 4 $ and played really nice. Most of Chinese rubbers I tried are deadish but M2 was pretty lively. Problem was my top sheet wore off pretty fast (tack and grip gone) so I gave it up. Mercury 2 on bomb blade is fast setup (for me). I was kind of hoping that you use slow rubbers so I can recommend something cheap and faster, but Mercury 2 is as fast as cheap rubbers go...

_________________
Blade: Yinhe (Galaxy) W-6 (flared)
FH: Friendship Cream Transcend (2.0 mm)
BH: Friendship Cream Transcend (2.0 mm)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 729 bomb upgrade
PostPosted: 31 May 2015, 18:48 
Offline
Goes to 11
Goes to 11
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 20:27
Posts: 8966
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 1084 times
loopinsmalltown wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:
I've seen people post here that the T8 was a rocket... :lol: Not terribly expensive, either.

I don't think the Bomb is being made any more, the current 729 blade with cork in the middle is the A3. No idea if it's faster/better/heavier/lighter/any different from the Bomb, though. Might even be a Bomb with a different colored handle, for all I know. I have one, but I started playing (again) after all the Bombs had disappeared (so that makes me part of the Post-Bomb Generation... :lol: ).

There is also a KTL/LKT blade with cork (costs a lot more) as well. Looks like an idea that never really caught on.

Iskandar



Guess my options would be buy a couple of bomb or try A3?


Can you actually buy Bombs any more? I looked around, only found one vendor in the Phillipines. A3 is available all over the place - best Eacheng price at the moment is $16.03 (including shipping):

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/RITC-729 ... 46504.html

What does a Bomb weigh? The A3 I have was a little too heavy for me.

Iskandar


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 729 bomb upgrade
PostPosted: 31 May 2015, 21:12 
Offline
003 Style Master
003 Style Master
User avatar

Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 20:23
Posts: 2246
Location: South Australia
Has thanked: 258 times
Been thanked: 271 times
Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Joola Rhyzm 425
BH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
Just seen a bomb at ooak shop.

_________________
Donic Waldner Senso V1,FH Joola Rhyzm 425 2.0mm ,BH Donic Baracuda Big Slam 2.0mm


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 729 bomb upgrade
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2015, 02:12 
Offline
Full member

Joined: 29 Jan 2011, 07:23
Posts: 59
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
zeropong still has them just don't know how long they will keep them. and hope they make one with carbon or some (remember OC now have an OC carbon?).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 729 bomb upgrade
PostPosted: 01 Jun 2015, 09:09 
Offline
Dark Knight
Dark Knight
User avatar

Joined: 13 Dec 2006, 12:34
Posts: 32522
Location: Adelaide, AU
Has thanked: 1993 times
Been thanked: 1299 times
Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
The Bomb is still made, and is one of the most popular blades by 729. I'd rate the speed at about OFF, and it tends to be in the high eighties in weight.

_________________
OOAK Table Tennis Shop | Re-Impact Blades | Butterfly Table Tennis bats
Setup1: Re-Impact Smart, Viper OX, Victas VS 401 Setup2: Re-Impact Barath, Dtecs OX, TSP Triple Spin Chop 1.0mm Setup3: Re-Impact Dark Knight, Hellfire OX, 999 Turbo
Recent Articles: Butterfly Tenergy Alternatives | Tenergy Rubbers Compared | Re-Impact User Guide


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 729 bomb upgrade
PostPosted: 03 Jun 2015, 01:55 
Offline
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User
User avatar

Joined: 06 Nov 2009, 04:40
Posts: 1424
Location: Texas, USA
Has thanked: 185 times
Been thanked: 58 times
FH: 2.0 andro rasanter R47
BH: OX Long pips, grippy
loopinsmalltown wrote:
zeropong still has them just don't know how long they will keep them. and hope they make one with carbon or some (remember OC now have an OC carbon?).


Based on the website (click on details tab) zeropong has only 547 bomb blades in stock as of this post, so better hurry up :oops:

The bomb is a great blade. If you do the (great blade)/price ratio it is pretty much impossible to beat for an offensive player. Only caveat of course is that oh so lovely chinese quality control and the fact that the bomb blade has a small handle (which worked well for my small hands but bigger players may want something different).


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lasta and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2018 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group