OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 13 Nov 2019, 09:53

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Review: Sanwei V9 blade
PostPosted: 09 May 2010, 23:05 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
This is a new blade from Sanwei. Sanwei have been around for many years, but recently seem to have become a bit more serious about rubbers and blades. Fellow member and friend Pimple Lover, who runs a shop and Thai website (http://www.pimplelover.pantown.com) kindly let me try this blade as he felt is was quite unique, so that I could review them here.

Basic Stats:
Plies: 9-ply
Thickness: 7.7mm
Weight: 97g
Speed: OFF++

The blade came shrinkwrapped, which I think is always a good idea to protect it from moisture. The finish on the blade is excellent, very smooth and among the best I've seen, especially from Chinese manufacturers.

The blade has a very solid feel, partially due to the weigh and thickness I think. Pictures are shown below. The only confusing bit was the speed marking... not sure if I get their system, but it's not really important.

The blade feels quite fast, around the lower end of OFF+. It feels quite stiff, perhaps a little flex at high impact, but it does not feel hard. I'd rate the hardness as medium, and it does not have any sort of ping that you get from carbon blades.

I've had a few hits with it, and it's got quite a nice feel. It seems to work better with firmer sponges rubbers, where it's a good power looping bat. It reminds me a little of the Avalox P700, which also has this solid feel, although the P700 has a softer feel.

With the right rubber, it would suit a power looper, but also those that like to hit the ball, as it hits beautifully.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 10 May 2010, 15:20 

Thank you!
Do you know the blade's ply composition?

PostPosted: 10 May 2010, 16:29 
Super User

9-ply and 97gr!!!
I would love to play with it and compare with the Sanwei HC-1. HC-1 is also very hard and has no metal feel even though it's an Arylate Carbon blade. I love that blade with hard sponged Chinese rubbers too, and it's only 85gr, not 97gr, but a heavy blade would be so powerful.

PostPosted: 10 May 2010, 18:26 
Super User

Nice review haggisv.

Actually , this blade is one of the Sanwei blade that I feel impress consider characteristic , quality of work and pricing. Several players give me the input that this blade feel like BTY SADIUS even no carbon inside. It's one of the best selling in my shop recently.

PostPosted: 11 May 2010, 04:21 
Super User

Pimple Lover, have you tried the HC-1 and can you compare the V9 with the HC-1? Which one is faster and by how much? Which one feel more solid (but not hard) and goes better with hard sponge rubbers? TIA

PostPosted: 12 May 2010, 14:53 
Super User

tt2u wrote:
Pimple Lover, have you tried the HC-1 and can you compare the V9 with the HC-1? Which one is faster and by how much? Which one feel more solid (but not hard) and goes better with hard sponge rubbers? TIA

I had tried HC-1 in several month back but I can't remember how it feel.

For the speed , I think V-9 some how is faster because I had compare several sample blade that I got in first lot and realize that V-9 is the fastest. Unfortunately , I could not recall in % faster.

PostPosted: 12 May 2010, 15:19 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
speedplay wrote:
I just had a look at their ratings and it does look a bit weird that Off++ comes before Off and Off+. One would suspect that the Off++ should really be a Off-, but you seem to think it is faster then that? Confusing to say the least, but as you say, it really doesn't matter that much.

Exactly right ;)