OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 21:00

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: 09 Sep 2016, 16:48 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Try a carbon fiber guitar? Or balsa violin?

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/29/healt ... 11373.html

Iskandar

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2016, 17:12 
Super User

Blade: Timo Boll Spirit
FH: H3 neo 40 Degrees
BH: Tenergy 05
Not yet . Haha even as a guitar player we tend to be obsessed on what kinda of woods man, but I remembered when buying my first real guitar , ibanez prestige was made with basswood which is one of the lower line of wood. But when u play with effects and stuffs those stuff don't matter ( to me at least)

Aesthetic wise, ppl value ebony fretboard and mahogany bodies. There's occasional exotic woods with pretty grains like zebrawood.

Time to get my knowledge upgraded on wooda for table tennis then!

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2017, 08:44 
The Pied Pipper
The Pied Pipper

Poplar, I believe also known as Pappel is the sole wood of the Joola Tony Hold White Spot, also known as the JTHWS.

Great thread TT, and others, most informative!

Thank you.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2020, 07:08 

Blade: Gewo 575 Balsa
FH: 892 729
BH: Gewo Hype XT
Only with the fact that wood 1 combined with the other gives completely different results in the same way as it plays with different facings. For example, there is no wood that will behave identically in combination - soft wood always light - heavy always hard, flexibility again another type not only depends on the hardness

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2020, 02:53 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Robot Blocker wrote:
Poplar, I believe also known as Pappel is the sole wood of the Joola Tony Hold White Spot, also known as the JTHWS.

Visit a model airplane store that sells wood - you'll find something called "Lite Ply". It's poplar plywood. Usually available in 1/8 inch (nominally 3mm) 3 ply or 1/4 inch (nominally 6mm) 5 ply. Most of it is warped, but you could stick two layers of the 3mm 3 ply together (clamped between flat pieces of fiberboard or wood as it dries) and come up with a flat sheet. Might be worth a try.

The other kind of ply they often sell is birch aircraft plywood, comes as thin as three ply 0.4mm. Makes nice blades, on both sides of a balsa core. It's relatively dense - Bob Brickell sold (or used to) a ten ply 1/4" thick birch blade, made by laminating together two layers of 5 ply 1/8" birch. I remember it had a relatively small head. He was also famous for his 7 ply birch-balsa-birch blades (two layers of thin 3 ply birch on a balsa core).

Iskandar

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!