OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 08:30

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2013, 16:09 
The Unprogrammable Player

It pains me to hear this. I was looking forward to September/October and the possibility of getting my hands on Victas Offensive blade.
But if Victas quality dropped significantly.. :sweat: :sweat:

3) Ross Leidy "White Shadow" / P1R (1,3) / Hexer PS (1,7)

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2013, 16:55 
Chinese Forum Spy

cyber1call wrote:
haggisv wrote:
cyber1call wrote:
A few months ago I ordered a new Victas Koji Matsushita but THEY cancelled the order due to "quality control" problems. Supposedly at the time they had been getting so many complaints and returns that they weren't shipping out any new blades.  

Wow!
Who is 'they'?

Oh, sorry...THEY were "tt-japan.net" ... honest folks I guess!

Btw thanks heaps for helping me find this amazing site! Pretty cheap place for Japanese equipment!

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2013, 08:48 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
cyber1call wrote:
A few months ago I ordered a new Victas Koji Matsushita but THEY cancelled the order due to "quality control" problems. Supposedly at the time they had been getting so many complaints and returns that they weren't shipping out any new blades.

Indeed very sad and dissapointing to read how Victas chooses for short term profit, while loosing their long term reputation as a highly qualitative product. My two VKM blades from 2012 are of splendid quality! It's a good thing that TT-japan cancels orders due to quality problems and complaints.

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2013, 11:01 

I'm waiting a new Victas Koji Matsushita from TT-Japan.
Now they accept new orders for this blade again.

Hope it's of a good quality.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2013, 15:46 
Super User

Anyone had any word on the quality control problems yet?

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2013, 23:20 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I've just talked directly with TSP about this, and the quality control issue mentioned by the shop is simply not true.

It is true that they had problems delivering Koji Matsushita blades, but the reasons for that are:
1. all Matsushita blades are made by hand in Japan. Therefore the production takes a lot of time, which means production capacity is very limited.
2. They have very strict quality control - the Japanese standards are much higher than in Europe, which restricts the number of blades which they can get on the market is further.
3. Since Koji Matsushita is a very popular player in Japan, the demand for this blades is very high.

So either the shop got the wrong information, or something got lost in the translation to English somewhere.

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2013, 00:15 
Incredible Shrinking Man

I have a VKM.
Perfect in any way...
Cheers
Geddk

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2013, 02:24 
Horse Hockey!

haggisv wrote:
I've just talked directly with TSP about this, and the quality control issue mentioned by the shop is simply not true.

It is true that they had problems delivering Koji Matsushita blades, but the reasons for that are:
1. all Matsushita blades are made by hand in Japan. Therefore the production takes a lot of time, which means production capacity is very limited.
2. They have very strict quality control - the Japanese standards are much higher than in Europe, which restricts the number of blades which they can get on the market is further.
3. Since Koji Matsushita is a very popular player in Japan, the demand for this blades is very high.

So either the shop got the wrong information, or something got lost in the translation to English somewhere.

If you are referring to my post above...I had one of the Koji Matsushita blades on order with tt-Japan.net and they cancelled it. Here's the text of the cancellation email:

Quote:
table tennis shop TOMIOKA
------------------------------------------------------
Order Number: 3500

Detailed Invoice:
https://tt-japan.net:8607/index.php?mai ... er_id=xxxx

Date Ordered: Tuesday 07 May, 2013

The comments for your order are: The merchandise you ordered, Koji
Matsushita is currently sold out. We do not as yet of know when it will
arrive. Because TSP recalled the Matsushita for the defects of blades. We
can provide you with a refund or a different product. We sincerely apologize
for being late in contacting you. Sincerely, Hayato

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2013, 06:39 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
I just ordered one from Japsko :)
He (Lars Borg) told me about a nev Victas smooth rubber (Victas 401). Made for aggressive defensive play, with soft top sheet (tacky) and a hard sponge. Someone said he could get more spin from this than from any Tenergy, and it is still fast enough to loop with. Japsko will have it in 1.5, 1.8 and 2.0 mm. To me it sounds a lot line Palio Thors but slower.

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2013, 16:11 

Def-attack wrote:
He (Lars Borg) told me about a nev Victas smooth rubber (Victas 401). Made for aggressive defensive play, with soft top sheet (tacky) and a hard sponge. Someone said he could get more spin from this than from any Tenergy, and it is still fast enough to loop with. Japsko will have it in 1.5, 1.8 and 2.0 mm. To me it sounds a lot line Palio Thors but slower.

The VS>401 is an excellent rubber, I use it in 2.0 on the VKM. Spin is superb and in my opinion, speed is still good enough for loops, drives and whatsoever. Since it doesn't have a lot of catapult, the rubber is excellent to control.

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2013, 16:25 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Coxeroni wrote:
Def-attack wrote:

The VS>401 is an excellent rubber, I use it in 2.0 on the VKM. Spin is superb and in my opinion, speed is still good enough for loops, drives and whatsoever. Since it doesn't have a lot of catapult, the rubber is excellent to control.

I will ask you more about it in the thread in Inverted rubber-section, please answer there :)

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2013, 18:22 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Yesterday my blade arrived. So Beautiful! Actually a Little smaller than Joo Se Hyuk, but then again Koji is smaller than Joo :D
I glued a red Dawei 388D with 1,0 mm sponge to one side and a black Victas >401 2,0 to the other side. Too bad I can' try it today...

PostPosted: 31 Aug 2013, 23:39 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
It is indeed a beautiful blade and you'll find out that the handle is very very good and comfortable.

Hope you like the performance of VKM too, cause it is very different from JSH blade. It should have about the same size as JSH, maybe a little larger even. I measured 156, 5 x 165. You definitely need to spend some time with VKM to be able to adjust, especially for FH. You will see that VKM is a slower at low impact, but you will notice that you can use more 'gears'. It is softer compared to JSH.

Altough I prefer softer and lighter sponges, I am very curious about how the Victas >vs 401 rubber works on it.

BTW: VKM also works great for chopping with thin or spongeless rubbers.

Def-attack wrote:
Yesterday my blade arrived. So Beautiful! Actually a Little smaller than Joo Se Hyuk, but then again Koji is smaller than Joo :D
I glued a red Dawei 388D with 1,0 mm sponge to one side and a black Victas >401 2,0 to the other side. Too bad I can' try it today...

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2013, 03:31 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

I will try it as a more defensive setup at first. Perhaps I will try a thinner sponge or no sponge on BH. I will probably try it with Thors and I will try >401 on a Joo-blade. I thought I had setteled down, but finding myself just too curious about this blade :oops:
And now I have like 20 new combinations to test before I am satisfyed (I glued a SP Globe 889-2, same as Wang Yang uses, to the slow Grass20 sponge, and the ball almost do not bounce at all on that combination glued to Joo, more about that later).

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2013, 10:07 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I'm not sure if Thor's is a good idea in this case... the hard sponge (and only max thickness!) will likely mask a lot of the good feel of the blade.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next