OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 06:41

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 17 May 2016, 12:03 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
I tried Zeus briefly. Very very good blade! Very good speed and control and feel on the FH. I use Pluto 1mm on the BH and the BH side sloooowed down a lot! I netted a whole lot chopping from the middle. Certainly suits the close to the table play. But, would certainly be able to adjust given some time. I would love the chance to play with it longer.

PostPosted: 20 May 2016, 20:27 

I have just gotten my ZEUS blade with Dtec 0.5 and Tibhar Evolution EL-P 2.1

Its a very stiff blade and that suits me well since I hate too much vibration ;)

Its just fast enough for making that forehand loop dangerous, though a smash misses some power, but I guess you cannot have it all ;)

The Dtec in 0.5 is extremly insensitive to spin on this blade (even though its a 0.5), you can push and hit very hard against almost all balls. And hitting with it is probably the best I have tried yet.

Chopping and chop blocking is very linear, and very low (direct) chops are easy to make.

Andro HD 2,0
-----------------------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2016, 12:50 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
guess they got tired of people asking which side is the FH side and finally modified the blade... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Attachments:
ST-Firestarter FH.jpg
ST-Firestarter FH.jpg [ 131.98 KiB | Viewed 3081 times ]
ST-Firestarter.jpg
ST-Firestarter.jpg [ 255.02 KiB | Viewed 3081 times ]

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2020, 00:37 
Super User

evander wrote:

I have just gotten my ZEUS blade with Dtec 0.5 and Tibhar Evolution EL-P 2.1

Its a very stiff blade and that suits me well since I hate too much vibration ;)

Its just fast enough for making that forehand loop dangerous, though a smash misses some power, but I guess you cannot have it all ;)

The Dtec in 0.5 is extremly insensitive to spin on this blade (even though its a 0.5), you can push and hit very hard against almost all balls. And hitting with it is probably the best I have tried yet.

Chopping and chop blocking is very linear, and very low (direct) chops are easy to make.

How fast is the blade, can you compare it ti Chen Weixing and Joo Se Hyuk.
Also how fast ( or slow) in the backhand side, is there a big difference between fh to Bh ?

Is it most suited for chopping or does it work well for a chopping game as well ?

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2020, 10:33 

I never found a good combination for zeus blade. The forehand isnt too picky but the backhand i had trouble, ppl recommended hellfire but for me it didnt suit my game.
At the table blocking etc i hated the high throw angle, i found it difficult to keep things low. Maybe i just dont like hinoki.
chopping is ok but other blades chop better. I just didnt know what to do with it and its also quite big so kinda heavy if you stick thick rubbers on. On a blind test i also couldnt tell which side was which so speed wise its pretty similar

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2021, 02:20 

Zeus. It's not heavy. Mine is around 85 grams. It is faster then Nittaku shake. The head size is smaller then my Firestarter. Sound of the carbon is very pronounced. I play chopping game and I find chopping with P1R 0.5mm sponge to be manageable. Chopping on fh is as hard as on any all wood faster blade. Throw angle is good for chopping on bh and attacking. Speed wise I would go off on fh and off minus bh. Vibrations are no concerns. Handle is thicker so no issues for Europeans. Craftsmanship is not so good for the price bracket sadly and came without any box, just thrown inside bubble.

Firestarter. Medium weight as the Zeus I received. Def on BH and All on FH. Consistent without annoying flex. Chopping can lead the ball to not go deep enough on the table. Attacking is not so bad and is usable.