OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:30

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 22 May 2014, 13:25 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
Bulldog wrote:
I have ordered the Hercules with Grass DTecS ox and Donic Bluefire M2 so I hope it goes as well for me as it has for you!

Hey Bulldog, please let me know who it works for you. I still like the blade a lot though I have not played as much as I would like due to a new job and move to a different area.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2014, 03:46 
Super User

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: Joola Dynaryz ZGR
BH: Tibhar Grass DTecS
Hi Matt Pimple,
Used the blade for the first time this morning. Low throw on topspin as you said but enough for me. Superb control with pips and inverted and a blocker' s dream. I don't know why it isn't more popular. A blade with many gears and very versatile.

Bulldog.

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2014, 00:26 
Super User

Had a small problem this morning pushing heavy chopped services with forehand. I am using Bluefire M2. Has anybody experienced this problem with the Hercules or for that matter with the Bluefire M2?

Next time I play the guy I will topspin the serves back down the line but lost in 5 trying to use backspin with the inverted this morning.

Bulldog.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2014, 05:42 
Super User

Bulldog wrote:
Low throw on topspin as you said but enough for me.

I didn't think it was too bad with T05 and I actually prefer looping with it now because I can go forward with my body more into the ball.
Bulldog wrote:
I don't know why it isn't more popular. A blade with many gears and very versatile.

I agree with you. :up: Maybe it's the price? I am sure it would be more popular if more people would try it.
Bulldog wrote:
Had a small problem this morning pushing heavy chopped services with forehand. I am using Bluefire M2. Has anybody experienced this problem with the Hercules or for that matter with the Bluefire M2?

I did not have this problem with my T05 but maybe you just have to adjust the blade angle a little bit since the blade is new to you. Though I can't comment on the M2 since I never played it.

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2014, 05:14 
Super User

Hi Everybody,
This morning

I actually found this blade more than adequate for chopping with the Grass DTecS on the backhand and even managed

to produce an emergency forehand chop with the Bluefire M2 which had a very flat trajectory and skidded through rather than biting.

I was further back from the table than I wanted to be however and don't intend to become a modern defender!

Bulldog

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2014, 08:29 
Super User

Still struggling a bit with this blade. Indeed to give it until Christmas to see how it settles. Lost a bit of control with the DTecS.

Bulldog.

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2014, 01:17 
Super User

Bulldog wrote:
Hi Matt Pimple,

I have ordered the Hercules with Grass DTecS ox and Donic Bluefire M2 so I hope it goes as well for me as it has for you!

Excellent! Please post how it goes for you.

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2014, 04:16 
Super User

I am finding the set up difficult to handle against defenders. I seem to have lost a bit of control on loop and drive.

I am blocking really well on both wings though. Plenty of control and sink with the DTecS. The forehand block with the blade is awesome.

Some nights I curse the blade and on others I love it. I am reviewing things at about Christmas time. We have the County Closed Championship in January and hopefully I will have mastered the blade by then.

Bulldog.

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2014, 09:50 
Super User

A breakthrough in the last week. Starting to "hit" more reliably with the pips as I think the DTecS sheet is settling down and forehand drive and loop like a dream. Playing local Premier Division table tennis again and beat our reigning County Vets champion in the league.

Bulldog

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2014, 08:01 
Super User

Ongoing problems with DTecS on this blade. It has hinoki plies so would it be suitable for use with a medium pimple such as Friendship 563 with 1.8mm sponge?I am finding attacking shots difficult with ox long pips.

Bulldog.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2014, 18:25 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei F3 Pro (=TB ALC)
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Hellfire X/Dtecs ox
Bulldog wrote:
Ongoing problems with DTecS on this blade. It has hinoki plies so would it be suitable for use with a medium pimple such as Friendship 563 with 1.8mm sponge?I am finding attacking shots difficult with ox long pips.

Bulldog.

Yeah, it difficult to attack with ox. Dtecs is not easy for me to attack, because it's too spippery in feel.

With Neubauer FW+ balsa blade it was near impossible for me to rolling type of soft attacks (with any ox pips). With Defplay I can do lot more soft attacks and hard attack land lot more often than with FW+.

It seems to me that for effective ox pips attack you need slower, flexier and dwellier blade than typical balsa. For me Dtecs works best for passive blocking, not for attacking other than speedy pushing.

My Defplay/DG ox have a mile better feel for attacking than FW+/Dtecs that I played last season. DG has right kind of grippiness for attacking.

I hear often that stiff blade works for hitting, but with ox pips - at least for me - flexy blade work much better.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2014, 03:52 
Super User

Bulldog wrote:

It is generally not easy to attack with ox long pips. You can attack underspin with an open blade face but it is very difficult to drive or counter the ball. If you like to do that a medium pip would indeed be much better. I do like the Neubauer Diamant a lot (used to play it before switching to frictionless anti) and it works well on the Hercules blade. I have also used the 563 in 1.5 (Mystery version; has a softer, like 35º, sponge) but not on Hercules. The 563 would be a good rubber to try for a test since it fairly cheap and easy to play with. I like the Diamant better though (my favorite was in 1.2mm sponge) since it is more disruptive (better sink, easier to place or block the ball short) and does not react as much to incoming spin as the 563 in particular when blocking very spinny loops.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2014, 10:28 
Super User

Thanks guys. The 563 is a good rubber for me to experiment with. I can move to other ML pips if the experiment is successful.

Bulldog.

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2017, 02:33 
Super User

After a long break from this blade I rediscovered it with Nittaku Best Anti on the backhand and the Donic Blufire M2 on the forehand. Wow! Control and spin aplenty.
Bulldog.

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2022, 01:23 

Hi @ Matt Pimple, I’ve just listed my blade for sale/for trade.

I hope it is OK I use your review to inform potential buyers of the characteristics of this blade.

For me, I just have too many blades and need to let this one go ;(