OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:39

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2016, 01:56 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
Thanks a lot Matt. [THUMBS UP SIGN]

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2016, 01:49 
Super User

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: Joola Dynaryz ZGR
BH: Tibhar Grass DTecS
Hi Guys,
I used my Matador for the first time today. I found it a bit slow initially but learned that it has several gears. Good for block with Bison anti and fast enough when smashing even with what I regard as a control rubber(Domination Speed2).

The blade is for me an all round type blade. I pushed chopped looped and blocked well. Good control and spin. No weaknesses.

Bulldog

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2016, 01:53 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Thanks Bulldog, do keep us informed after extended time playing with it.

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2016, 07:10 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
Bulldog wrote:
I found it a bit slow initially but learned that it has several gears.

Hey Bulldog, I found that the Matador had plenty of speed when paired with Hurricane 3 Neo so I am not sure if it is the rubber in your case. But as you pointed out it has gears and on full power strokes I felt it was as fast as some of the carbon blades I recently used like Viscaria Light.

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2016, 08:47 
Super User

Hi Matt,
I have had tendinitis in my elbow which troubled me this morning. I hit the ball harder as the session progressed. Dom Speed 2 new to me.
Bulldog

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2016, 09:07 
Super User

Bulldog wrote:
I have had tendinitis in my elbow which troubled me this morning.

Sorry to hear that mate, hope you get better quickly.

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2016, 13:14 
Super User

So I played quite a bit more with the Matador blades now as I use it exclusively and I have recently also done a lot of backhand drills with Buffalo 1.8. The bounce is quite low with the anti which is nice for blocking even though I would call the bounce on forehand loops with the H3N medium. Remember it is a symmetrical blade! The walnut outer seems to give the Buffalo very good reversal, almost as good as with Dr. N Hercules which was my benchmark for reversal with slick antis. Control on all strokes (block, attack and chop) was exceptional. I'll have to see if I get around to maybe tape a session which I haven't done in a while.
@bulldog: did you play a little bit more with the Matador? I'd be interested to hear how it works for you.

PostPosted: 15 Jul 2016, 09:08 
Super User

Second session last Sunday. Excellent control and high level of reversal with the Bison. Good for loop with Dom Speed 2. Fast enough for loop from middle distance and for chop with the anti. I can't wait to try it again. The combination is my setup of choice. Very optimistic about table tennis again.

I just need to get the passive block right. Attack with anti possible because of the speed of the blade.

Bulldog

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2016, 19:23 
Super User

I am now really impressed by the Matador. Good value for money with correct balance between power and control.Forehand loop and block going well and enough control to safely push and chop.

Bulldog

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2016, 06:24 
Super User

Bulldog, I am also very impressed with the Matador and agree with you.

So about a week and a half ago my coach (USATT about 2400) forgot to bring his bat to practice so he asked if I had s spare blade. I told him: "Yes, but it has anti on bh!" He said it was okay for doing drills and he could twiddle if he wanted to play backhands. So I gave him my spare Matador with Nittaku DHS H3N on fh, which he normally also uses on his Schlager Light. My coaches topspins had more rotation than normal and also had more kick off the bounce. It was much more difficult for me to block or counterloop than with his usual bat. In our next session my coach then played his Schlager Light setup side by side with my spare Matador and concluded his loops had more spin with Matador but he also liked the better feel and control. He then asked me if he could borrow my spare blade to play the tournament just replacing the anti on bh with his Vega Pro. So my coach played the tourney last weekend with my spare Matador and he won the "Open" event yesterday against a former Chilean national player who had just moved to Phoenix. A video of the final was recorded and I will post the link here as soon as it is published. You will be able to see that it is possible to play a powerful and variable attacking game at a high level with the Matador blade.

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2016, 09:27 

Blade: Yasaka Sweden Defensive
FH: Stiga Calibra Tour M max
BH: Friendship 729 - 755 Ox
Hi Matt,
I am so happy that you like the Matador blade and best of all Matador is so cheap comparing to the Butterfly ones.
The only concern about the Matador is it's quite difficult to glue the rubber since its surface is heavily vanished.
I am using the Revolution 3 glue and the rubber often fall off the blade since the blade surface is so slippery.
Which glue are you using to glue the rubber on your Matador blade?

Setup 4: Nittaku Resist, Xiom Sigma I Europe max on forehand, Friendship 755 0.5 mm on backhand
Setup 5: Victas Koji Matsushita, Yasaka Rakza 7 max on forehand, Bomb Talent 0.5mm on backhand
Setup 6: Butterfly Defence 4, Yasaka Rakza 7 max on forehand, Bomb Talent 0.5mm on backhand

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2016, 11:06 
Super User

vietma wrote:
Which glue are you using to glue the rubber on your Matador blade?

I am actually using rubber cement (Elmer's brand) and it seems to work just fine for me. I apply two layers each on the blade and the sponge, allow for each layer to completely dry, press the rubber lightly onto the blade and then 3 heavy books on top for a few hours. I have never used Revolution 3 glue so I can't compare or comment on it.

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2016, 11:16 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

i saw the matador really is heavily varnished, one can do away with sanding a little bit to make the surface a little more coarse to make it easier to glue rubbers...

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2016, 15:38 
Super User

rokphish2 wrote:
i saw the matador really is heavily varnished, one can do away with sanding a little bit to make the surface a little more coarse to make it easier to glue rubbers...

I did not do this but I know of somebody else who did like you said by using a little bit of sandpaper. I personally don't like the idea of doing that because there is probably a reason they put that coating there in the first place maybe to give it a certain hardness or whatever.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2017, 05:47 
Super User

How is the speed compared to Joo Se Hyuk.
Is it standard size or a little Oversized ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next