OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:16

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2022, 20:02 
Super User

..so, I've been playing with my Trinity Carbon with DG (Original) & Omega Pro ..

First-off - I don't think this blade can be rated as OFF- .. I'd say, it's in the ALL range.. I have a defplay Senso V3 + Vega Euro, and it seems a good notch or two faster than the Trinity Carbon...

On the DG side, at first, I found it very difficult to even get the ball across the net. Even now, when passive blocking against topspins, the ball will, more often than not, bounce on my side of the table, and go into the net..

The Omega Pro is a fairly fast rubber, but on this blade, I feel I have to put in some serious amounts of elbow-grease, when top spinning, even just 2-3 steps away from the table. ..

I feel it's an over-hyped blade..

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2022, 23:00 
My Precious

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Joola Golden Tango
BH: Tibhar Dtecs OX
Hi all it's been 6 years since I switched to This blade of which I have 4 & I still love them :up:
My main set up is Joola Golden Tango 1.8mm FH & Tibhar Grass DTecS OX BH :clap: & I now have a Green DTecS OX BH :party:

See the ball, be the ball...

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2022, 03:36 
Super User

Gollum wrote:
Hi all it's been 6 years since I switched to This blade of which I have 4 & I still love them :up:
My main set up is Joola Golden Tango 1.8mm FH & Tibhar Grass DTecS OX BH :clap: & I now have a Green DTecS OX BH :party:

I got the blade, largely based on the reviews (Including your's), and what I'm experiencing with it, is very contrary to the reviews posted..

I've played with DG on another blade, and I did not encounter the same issue(s).. Same with Omega Pro ..

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2022, 21:16 

Gollum,

Can you compare DG Ox to dtecs Ox on the Trinity? I have a sheet of DG but no dtecs so I'm wondering if it's worth trying. I also have a sheet of TM but a previous post indicated it was harmless on the Trinity. I see Haggisv is showing the Trinity and TM on his profile.

Haggisv, how is TM working out for you on the Trinity? Thanks!

PostPosted: 22 Jul 2022, 23:50 
My Precious

“gaijinjoe” For me the Dtecs OX has more spin reversal & disruption than the DG OX. As you see I am currently using the acid green Dtecs OX which is more visible but slightly slower & effective, I love it. :clap: :up:

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2022, 08:17 

Are you saying the green Dtecs plays differently than the red or black?

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2022, 23:19 
My Precious

gaijinjoe wrote:
Are you saying the green Dtecs plays differently than the red or black?

I always play black as my FH as I've found red LP to be more responsive than black but after trying the green for me personally I now get even a better result from green LP :up: :clap:

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2024, 20:43 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Can anyone recommend blades that might play similar to the Trinity Carbon as I need to replace a very old heavy one that is damaged.

Speed in the All+ to off - range, linear and good with LP with thin sponge. Ideal weight around 75gm max 80gm if not head heavy.

One option could be the Joola Air Carbon. Or maybe a light Matador. I did like the sound of the Victas ZX gear fibre but probably too heavy.

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2024, 20:56 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
ChasFox wrote:

Speed in the All+ to off - range, linear and good with LP with thin sponge. Ideal weight around 75gm max 80gm if not head heavy.

It’s different composition, but I like SK Carbon. It fits this description.