OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:14

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sanwei M8
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2020, 21:56 
Super User

Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
WRB it's very similar to not WRB, what are the differences between M8 & Stiga All Round Classic?

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2020, 02:31 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I have both blades. I'd say they're in the same general class of blade, i.e. all-round 5 ply wood. The M8 is probably a touch faster. Most examples are lighter than my Allround Classic. The M8 handle is narrower. In general I prefer the M8 - there's something about the feel and the control. The nice thing about the M8 is that it's so cheap there's no point in NOT trying it out - what's there to lose? :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2020, 21:29 
Super User

What have the bigger sweep spot?

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2020, 22:19 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I have no idea. Nor have I any idea of how one measures a sweet spot. Anyone know? :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2020, 22:23 
Super User

The sweet spot is a term used for the area in the centre of the bat where the ball bounces off best.

The bigger the sweet spot the more margin for error you have with your hitting.

So you have the two blades so easy to compare the sweep spot between the two blades.

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2020, 00:14 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
In the video I posted ,the Thai trainer explains that the M8 + has a bigger sweet spot,hence,the margin for errors is minimised. :)

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2020, 00:34 
Super User

Where's the site can buy cheapest but trust seller, shipping to Spain - Europe?

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2020, 14:52 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

The problem with sweet spot size "measurement" is it's going to be terribly subjective if you use the method given. Take a half dozen people, ask them to rank a half dozen blades as to "sweet spot size" and they'd probably give different answers, especially if the blades were similar. In the old days one of the selling points for carbon blades was the supposedly larger sweet spot. Never mind that the carbon blades were faster and would cause you to make more mistakes over-hitting the ball. Oversized blades also supposedly have a larger sweet spot - I suppose it stands to reason but no one's actually come up with a quantitative test (which I suppose might consist of firing balls at various parts of the blade, and then measuring.. what? Vibration patterns?).

Where to buy a M8?

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?ca ... =sanwei+M8

Take your pick.. :lol: XVT and Chinese Pingpong have the lowest prices, the various Eachengs (GH Sports, New-new Shop, DHS Pro, etc.) SOMETIMES have the lowest price, but we're talking under USD10 including shipping here. These resellers are all reliable, the packages are tracked, BUT it does take 3-4 weeks to arrive. Might as well order two or three while you are at it, ask them for a matched set (the Eachengs are good about this).

Iskandar

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2020, 23:03 
Super User

Thank you very much Iskandar.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2020, 21:13 
Super User

Sanwei M8 for the 40 + ball . Straight handle . :lol: :lol:

Attachments:
SANWEI M8.pdf [417.33 KiB]
Downloaded 152 times

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2020, 00:54 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Naah. They're putting those labels on all the new blades. And that's a flared handle (looks like someone rounded off the bottom).

Iskandar

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2020, 03:22 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

This video was posted earlier in the thread but I totally missed seeing it.

What's bizarre here is the M8 with a ST handle. Never seen one before, didn't know they existed, not offered by the usual culprits on AliExpress. I'll have to check the TT store in Bangkok next time I'm up there.

I think he's saying the M8+ has a bigger sweet spot, but I'll bet that's just based on the old claims that carbon blades have larger sweet spots.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2020, 04:13 
Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
This video was posted earlier in the thread but I totally missed seeing it.

What's bizarre here is the M8 with a ST handle. Never seen one before, didn't know they existed, not offered by the usual culprits on AliExpress. I'll have to check the TT store in Bangkok next time I'm up there.

I think he's saying the M8+ has a bigger sweet spot, but I'll bet that's just based on the old claims that carbon blades have larger sweet spots.

Iskandar

Yes, you are right.He is saying the m8+ has a bigger sweet spot. I trained with the guy on the video when I was in BKK back in 2017 . They offer cheap prices both to train and play with different people there and in the next door room they sell rubbers.Yes, on Aliexpress they only offer m8s with flared handle.I myself had to turn it into a straight one.I was sent 77,78,79 gram blades.

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2020, 14:38 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Where did you play/shop for rubber in Bangkok? I'm familiar with the public gym near Ramkhamkhaeng University on the Northeast side of Bangkok. There used to be a shop nearby, but when I went there last time they'd torn down that entire row of shops! The shop itself moved maybe half a mile away to the East.

I'm thinking if I wanted a ST handle I'd beef up the middle of the flared handle with grip tape instead - sanding down the end of the flared handle would result in a really thin ST handle.

Incidentally, the "new" Sanwei 2020 catalog seems to be out. At least part of it's out, it seems like a work in progress:

https://www.sanweisport.com/english/wp- ... ATALOG.pdf

Attachment:
Sanwei M8 2020.jpg
Sanwei M8 2020.jpg [ 141.37 KiB | Viewed 2781 times ]

STILL no mention of a M8+ or a ST handle M8.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2020, 21:33 
Super User

Ramkhamkhaeng University is about 1 hour away by car from the tt club I trained at.It also depends on the traffic, less traffic about 45 mins.The tt club is right next to the V market on the first floor of a building : They usually have a big banner at the front of the building encouraging people to enjoy tt.Very nice people at the club,like most Thais. :) .The V market is about 10 minutes away from Suvarnabhumi Airport .I bought a Sanwei DIZZY long pips -Old version- for 300 bhat.Great atmosphere at that tt club.

Yes , after sanding down the end of the flared handle the ST handle is really thin.I got a small hand and no problem but adding some tape can fix the issue .

I tested the M8 for about 1 hour yesterday : I think great control is the outstanding feature.For the pips side it seems all right but I need to test it with better loopers .For the fh side I used 729 Super fx in 1.0 and I did not like my fh attack or blocks.Maybe , I would need more mm in the sponge,which I am not a fan of .

I do need to test it with different brands of pips too so It will take me some time to have a final conclusion.It could become my testing bat for pips, though or a second option just in case my Grubba all + breaks out of the blue- :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next