OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:23

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sanwei M8
PostPosted: 03 Nov 2019, 04:01 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Can't say I've tried any of the other "M" blades - I went and looked, Eacheng (or at least GH Sports) has the M6 and the M1. No M7, but I haven't looked on AliExpress in general. A few other Sanwei blades kinda look interesting - a long time ago I bought a J7, it's 7 ply limba (this was back when I was trying 7 ply hinoki blades) and is supposedly a defensive blade. Can't remember anything about it, though.. maybe I should dig it out of the bag again. But it doesn't seem like a typical defensive blade (flared handle, NOT oversized, lightweight, and named after a Chinese jet). Unfortunately only the penhold version seems to be available. Then there's the Fextra "Nordic VII", which, as its name suggests, is a Clipperoid (and has a "ST" handle choice). And then (this usually sets me chuckling) there's the "White Superman" blade. Incidentally, here's the 2018-2019 Sanwei catalog:

https://www.sanweisport.com/english/?page_id=3044

As for long pips - I HAVE experimented with long pips on the M8. I've got a sheet of (I think it was) Neptune with sponge on one blade, and am currently trying out 563 OX. I also had that bat with the 388D on top of the art foam (hard to play with). As for evaluating it.. well, I don't really know how to play with long pips, let alone evaluate it. None of the people I play against could sustain a loop-chop rally. I must admit the 563 is actually easy to play with, even for someone used to playing with double inverted. I can easily attack backspin with it, even (hardbat strokes), and I can use it on either side so I twiddle fairly often when using it. As for "disruptive effect" - I'm afraid that, since so many of our group uses long pips, long pips doesn't really "disrupt" anyone any more. The funny thing was I find the effect opposite of what I was expecting - a forehand backspin serve with the 563 most often ends up in the net rather than being popped high (if I had used the inverted it would have been returned properly) while a topspin serve often ends op being hit long! No idea why.

But as I said.. it's so cheap it's worth buying one (or three) to experiment with.. if you don't like them use them as loaner bats or give them away.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2019, 01:29 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
iskandar taib wrote:
Can't say I've tried any of the other "M" blades - I went and looked, Eacheng (or at least GH Sports) has the M6 and the M1. No M7, but I haven't looked on AliExpress in general. A few other Sanwei blades kinda look interesting - a long time ago I bought a J7, it's 7 ply limba (this was back when I was trying 7 ply hinoki blades) and is supposedly a defensive blade. Can't remember anything about it, though.. maybe I should dig it out of the bag again. But it doesn't seem like a typical defensive blade (flared handle, NOT oversized, lightweight, and named after a Chinese jet). Unfortunately only the penhold version seems to be available. Then there's the Fextra "Nordic VII", which, as its name suggests, is a Clipperoid (and has a "ST" handle choice). And then (this usually sets me chuckling) there's the "White Superman" blade. Incidentally, here's the 2018-2019 Sanwei catalog:

https://www.sanweisport.com/english/?page_id=3044

As for long pips - I HAVE experimented with long pips on the M8. I've got a sheet of (I think it was) Neptune with sponge on one blade, and am currently trying out 563 OX. I also had that bat with the 388D on top of the art foam (hard to play with). As for evaluating it.. well, I don't really know how to play with long pips, let alone evaluate it. None of the people I play against could sustain a loop-chop rally. I must admit the 563 is actually easy to play with, even for someone used to playing with double inverted. I can easily attack backspin with it, even (hardbat strokes), and I can use it on either side so I twiddle fairly often when using it. As for "disruptive effect" - I'm afraid that, since so many of our group uses long pips, long pips doesn't really "disrupt" anyone any more. The funny thing was I find the effect opposite of what I was expecting - a forehand backspin serve with the 563 most often ends up in the net rather than being popped high (if I had used the inverted it would have been returned properly) while a topspin serve often ends op being hit long! No idea why.

But as I said.. it's so cheap it's worth buying one (or three) to experiment with.. if you don't like them use them as loaner bats or give them away.

Iskandar

look and wonder!!!! I have found this on aliexpress :https://es.aliexpress.com/item/32628844938.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.3bf94fc9i9bjEE&algo_pvid=b80dbbf4-cc85-43e8-8d62-999902e296fd&algo_expid=b80dbbf4-cc85-43e8-8d62-999902e296fd-26&btsid=cc5e9988-f925-4c28-81fd-8e9a7f168d19&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_8,searchweb201603_53

the M8 plus the 729 FX I am going to test for my fh,....it comes out cheaper than tt11,.... it looks like a very controllable bat; what I did not know was the range of different colours for handles, which I do like !!! My favourite one is the grey handle!!! ....

Did you know they had such a variety in colour handles?,..... well,.. I must turn the handle into a straight one, anyway,....

So I kill 2 birds with one stone !! I get the m8 plus the 729 fx , even cheaper than buying the rubber separately .

Do you know If I can ask for the lightest M8? ,...... is the same the m8 and the m8 Junior version?

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2019, 02:07 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

The colors are, well, non-existent.. :lol: They've changed the colors over the years - earlier blades were grey, later ones were pink, I think current production is blue. XVT has the grey handles (I've no idea how many hundreds of these thing they have), but I haven't bought any from them in a couple years and they might be selling the current blue ones. Eacheng (GH Sports is Eacheng) had the blue only, despite the photo. I kinda like the old-style "Red Rectangle" design - the bare blade looks cooler, so does the logo under the handle lens. Unfortunately I only have one of those.

Eacheng (GH Sports, HappyShopping365Days, etc. etc.) are pretty good at fulfilling requests - if you ask for the lightest blade they'll send you the latest blade, and they'll even tell you what it weighs before they ship it, if you ask them to. Back when I bought some blades from them the lightest they had at the time were around 78 grams or so, they also had some in the 84-85 gram range. I got some from XVT in the low 70s earlier. Stock changes, so it's best to contact them before ordering and ask them what they have in stock. XVT's not so good at this.

Yeah, the "Junior" and "Red Rectangle" (i.e. "non-Junior") blades are exactly the same, it's just the printing that differs, and you can't get the "non-Junior" blades any more (unless you order a penhold one).

Iskandar

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2019, 19:45 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Oh hey.. what the heck are THESE????

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sanwei-M8-Edit ... SwyyJdhU6w

M8 Limited Edition????? On French Ebay, no less. EUR33 - that's about what you'd pay for a Stiga Allround Classic or Offense Classic I think. And EUR20 for shipping. No thanks.. :lol:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sanwei-M8-Carb ... SwYRhame1u

Sanwei M8+. With a "Plus"! And it's got Carbon! And a ST handle! Maybe a Sanwei M8 version for Timo Boll? :lol: Only $15, with free shipping. This ships from China.

Strange thing - neither of these have been found on AliExpress. I can't even find them in the Sanwei catalog.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2019, 01:16 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I also found this : https://www.ebay.es/itm/283620398463 Even more expensive but the postage is free ......however, on aliexpress we can still find :

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/32636422 ... lsrc=aw.ds

The Cheapest I found .

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2019, 02:12 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

That second item is from XVT - in fact these were the ones I bought the most of. They used to be about $8 with free shipping (and they used to send you a free bat case). So I was excited when I noticed the price went down. (By the way, also - it looks like they've run out of the grey handle bats - scroll down, all the photos are of the blue handle one.) But then I noticed that they're now charging for postage ($2.52 to Malaysia), so they're actually more expensive than the one from China Ping Pong:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32864701460.html

$8.44 including shipping, PLUS a head case.

By the way.. I ordered two of those blades from Eacheng when they were on sale - the latest blades actually have a new "40+" logo on the handle! The blades otherwise look exactly the same.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2020, 00:44 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I am considering to play with M8 against LP / SP / Anti . TM on BH and 729fx in 1.0 FH .Isk, could you please tell me about some of the M8 features?

Speed and stiffnesswise .I need the so called flex blades,I don't like stiff ones.Would M8 be considered all / all +? would the M8 be considered as a flex blade?

The problem about the handle can be easy to fix.I will straightent it out as you suggested earlier.

TTbuddy,could you also share your experience?

Thank you so much!! :) :)

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2020, 05:12 
Super User

Recently got an M8 but have not played with it as yet Char Def. Will certainly write something about it when I get to give it a go. First impressions on weight, feel and bounce are very encouraging :). Over to Isk ;)

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2020, 07:46 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

TTbuddy wrote:
Recently got an M8 but have not played with it as yet Char Def. Will certainly write something about it when I get to give it a go. First impressions on weight, feel and bounce are very encouraging :). Over to Isk ;)

Thank you so much.Yes,it seems light and controllable and not stiff at all,which I like a lot.I will ask for the lightest blade possible within the 70-85 gram range.Maybe you have been lucky enough to get a light version.

I feel the M8 could be great in the rallies pimple Vs pimple.Also,with a slow Tm the control game should be easy and pairing with 729 in 1.0mm ,the pip won't get faster ,rather,even slower.

Maybe ,you could try the blade with BT ,also,please ,indicate which thickness you use on the FH.As we know ,the more thickness on the FH,the less control with the pip.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2020, 01:14 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Perhaps Stephen Thai could help us understand what the reviewer says about the M8 and M8 +?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er2w45nvUcQ

thank you !! :)

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2020, 21:54 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I've just ordered 3 blades from aliexpress hoping to get the lighest blades possible .I have been doing more research and everyone confirms what Iskandar has been saying for a long time here .All round blande,neither hard nor stiff.Great control.

I will be testing Tm , and Globe 979 in ox with 729 Super Fx in 1mm.I think it could be a good combination,especially Tm against the LP players . :) :)

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2020, 22:40 

charmander defender wrote:
I've just ordered 3 blades from aliexpress hoping to get the lighest blades possible .I have been doing more research and everyone confirms what Iskandar has been saying for a long time here .All round blande,neither hard nor stiff.Great control.

I will be testing Tm , and Globe 979 in ox with 729 Super Fx in 1mm.I think it could be a good combination,especially Tm against the LP players . :) :)

If you want lightest blade, you can just message the seller, they usually comply

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2020, 23:33 
Super User

Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX

What's TM?

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2020, 00:55 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

merlin el mago wrote:

What's TM?

Tm = Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker - trouble = T maker = M , hence, TM - long pip.

Versatile slow pip for close to the table defence in ox . :)

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2020, 01:27 
Super User

Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
What about compared vs Giant Dragon - Talon National Team OX?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next