OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:16

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2019, 03:43 

Blade: Moby Japan 1plyKisoHinoki
FH: Nitakku Sieger PK50
BH: Joola Golden Tango PS
I'm amateur, played in the "basement" with friends as a teenager and came back to it 30 years later and enjoying it very much. In last 6 month I took number of group classes with Chinese coach and I'm improving ( trying to get rid of bad habits), started to go to the club to teach my daughter and play there too a little. I'm probably advanced beginner, maybe early intermediate (I played with the guy around 2000 rating and he said I'm around 1000 rating or so). I play closer to the table, strong forehand but my topspin is more linear, fast though, working on my placement, trying to play all round game and looking for the opportunity to attack. Sometimes I overshoot or put ball in the net. At work, people I play with noticed my improvement.

Right now I have Sanwei Pro v5: 7 layers wood (medium hard), OFF- with Sanwai Target fh and National bh.
I'm thinking to change my setup to to have a little bit more control and spin.

1. Just the rubbers: FH: 729 Bloom Power 45H (there is 47H but I'm not sure if it will be too hard for me to control ???), BH: Rakza 7 Soft (1.8 or 2.0 ???) or there is new Stiga DNA Pro S 42.5H

2. Get another blade altogether with better control, I'm thinking about DONIC Appelgren Allplay Senso V1 ( 5 layers, ALL, ALL+ blade, more control, V1 a little more speed but it will be a little slower then the one I have, maybe better to develop proper technique) with Bloom Power and DNA Pro S.

If someone has experience in coaching and equipment, played with similar blades, please advise me what way to go. Thank you so much for your time!

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2019, 03:59 
Super User

Blade: DHS PowerG-9 OFF++
FH: Yasaka Rakza X
BH: Palio Thor
Sanwei Target National. Yeah those rubbers topsheet is very sensitive, if you rub it too hard, it gets damaged with scuff marks ... Also the rubber life is like 3 or 4 months ... I found it ridiculous to have brand new rubbers go "flat" soo quickly ! :-P Beginner-for-life here :lol: :lol: :lol: Hence I am not advising you on anything ! :-D I wish I could get any coaching let alone Chinese coaching!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

1. FH/BH-YRakza9/XOmegaVT
    2. FH/BH-TSP Spectol/Yinhe Qing OX
  • 729 Bomb C-P : FH/BH-DHS H2 Orig/DHS H3 Orig
  • TSP Versal :
    1. FH/BH-XOmegaVA/YJupiter-II
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Yasaka Battle Balsa(ST) : FH/BH- DHS TG2Neo/Gewo HypeXT 47
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)
    ***************************** : FH/BH-YRakza7/YRakza7
==========================================================

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2019, 08:13 

I agree, Sanwei rubbers chip easy but if u clean them regularly they r not bad. Thanks

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2019, 03:05 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

From the pros? :lol: I think there's exactly one "pro" here (he's currently coaching a national team, so even he's not actively competing in pro competition) - the rest of us are hobbyists, or at the best, people who participate in competition at various lower levels.

As far as Sanwei equipment - this is the blade I play with, I'll stack it up against.. er, anything else I've already tried (which includes some expensive Kiso Hinoki blades).

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000387652726.html

(Oh good god.. look at that price - maybe I should get a couple - or half dozen - more... :lol: :lol: :lol: )

As for rubbers - I keep trying new ones. I haven't found anything I can't play with yet, or anything I truly dislike (other than Reactor Ckylin). Took me a while to get used to Three Sword Red Dragon and Tuttle Octopus, though, and 999 and H3 were a little too slow. Currently playing with Bloom Power and Bloom Spin. I've been through (I'm only listing the expensive ones) Rakza X and 7, Evolution MX-P, Rasant, Rasant Turbo, H3, Battle... haven't had any motivation to try Target National, since I don't seem to be able to tell one sheet from another.. :lol: Four months a sheet really isn't bad, especially if you play with it very often. Tensors and Tenergy usually go dead in a month or two (the factory boosting wears off).

Iskandar

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2019, 05:02 

OK, I stand corrected when I mentioned pros, I'm new to this forum, at least I want opinion of people with much more experience then me. Blade you play is way too fast for me but Would you recommend bloom power for fh and bloom spin or rakza 7 (soft?) for bh? ( Rakza 7 cost much more, is it worth it from your experience?) Do you like those rubbers?
Thanks a lot for reply! :up:

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2019, 03:15 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

The M8?? It's not fast.. that "OFF++" printed on the blade is a typo (who'd ever expect a typo on the face of a blade? :lol: ). It's actually ALL or ALL+ (it says so in the Sanwei catalog, on their web site and on the previous version of the blade). Given the price, buy one (or two or three) anyway - they are excellent blades worth trying.

Iskandar