OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 16:10

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2020, 11:57 
Call me Shrek!
Call me Shrek!

Blade: Dr Neubauer High Tec Plus
FH: Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: Tibhar Hybrid K3
I currently play with an oversize (162mm wide x 168mm high) balsa blade. One of the benefits is the extreme lightness - my blades range between 67g and 75g.

Is there a similar size blade, in the same weight range, that is not balsa, and not too slow?

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2020, 13:36 

Blade: 729 1060 all raquet
FH: 729
BH: 729
GAMBLER ZEBRA

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2020, 15:16 
Call me Shrek!
Call me Shrek!

spanner wrote:
GAMBLER ZEBRA

thanks, I see there is a range of oversize Gambler blades I didn't know about. Will have a look at the fastest

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2020, 21:03 
Super User

Blade: BTY Viscaria
FH: Tibhar MX-P
BH: Tibhar D.TecS
The Stiga Defensive Classic weighs in at 70-75g. Not 100% sure of the wood composition but I'm fairly sure that it's limba / ayous / ayous. It feels a bit like an extremely slow Stiga Allround. Great for chopping and can be used for looping if you pair it with a fast rubber.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2020, 06:04 
Super User

+1 for Stiga Def. Classic

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2020, 19:33 
Super User

mart1nandersson wrote:
The Stiga Defensive Classic weighs in at 70-75g. Not 100% sure of the wood composition but I'm fairly sure that it's limba / ayous / ayous. It feels a bit like an extremely slow Stiga Allround. Great for chopping and can be used for looping if you pair it with a fast rubber.

I finally got myself a D.tecs, but still undecided on what blade to pair it with ... How's this blade, and D.tecs ... ? specifically with

• Passive Blocking (Close to the table)
  • Braking Effect
  • Aggressive Pushing
  • Mudflap Stroke

PostPosted: 21 Jan 2020, 08:09 

Der materialspezialist The Wall

Wysłane z mojego MI 9 przy użyciu Tapatalka

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2020, 00:17 
Super User

Blade: BTY Viscaria
FH: Tibhar MX-P
BH: Tibhar D.TecS
ootbs wrote:
mart1nandersson wrote:

I finally got myself a D.tecs, but still undecided on what blade to pair it with ... How's this blade, and D.tecs ... ? specifically with

• Braking Effect
  • Aggressive Pushing
  • Mudflap Stroke

All of the above works excellent but you will get less "reversal" compared to what you would get with a harder blade such as the VKM or any ALL+/OFF-. This is a blade mainly designed for classical defense. I use it as it's the only blade where I can consistently hit hard with D.TecS (and chopping is still very good). It's a very slow blade so if long distance looping is your thing you may want to consider another blade.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2020, 13:41 
Super User

mart1nandersson wrote:
ootbs wrote:
mart1nandersson wrote:

• Braking Effect
  • Aggressive Pushing
  • Mudflap Stroke

All of the above works excellent but you will get less "reversal" compared to what you would get with a harder blade such as the VKM or any ALL+/OFF-. This is a blade mainly designed for classical defense. I use it as it's the only blade where I can consistently hit hard with D.TecS (and chopping is still very good). It's a very slow blade so if long distance looping is your thing you may want to consider another blade.

Yep .. Where I am, most of the players use D.tecs + Stiga Allround Classic (Non WRB), and I know of 2 players, who use D.tecs + VKMO ... I'm leaning towards the Allround Classic, but where I am, only the WRB version is available, which I don't like ... If I were to order it from sites like TT11 or Dandoy, the shipping cost would be a killer..

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2020, 07:04 

PRW wrote:
I currently play with an oversize (162mm wide x 168mm high) balsa blade. One of the benefits is the extreme lightness - my blades range between 67g and 75g.

Which blade is this you're using?

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2020, 08:28 
Call me Shrek!
Call me Shrek!

dony71 wrote:
PRW wrote:

Which blade is this you're using?

ah- it's in my signature! Hallmark Ultra. Unfortunately, no longer made by Hallmark (Steve Hall's company) - he sold out to Contra. The latest blades I received from Contra are all 85g to 100g, which is far too heavy for what I want them for - they used to be 70 to 72g. I am now making my own - haven't got it perfect yet!