OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 01 Apr 2020, 17:14


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: 12 Jan 2020, 11:57 
Offline
Call me Shrek!
User avatar

Joined: 25 May 2011, 12:38
Posts: 996
Location: Auckland, NZ
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 84 times
Blade: Hallmark Ultra
FH: Joola Maxxx-P
BH: Rakza 7 Soft max
I currently play with an oversize (162mm wide x 168mm high) balsa blade. One of the benefits is the extreme lightness - my blades range between 67g and 75g.

Is there a similar size blade, in the same weight range, that is not balsa, and not too slow?


Top
 Profile  
 

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2020, 13:36 
Offline
New Member

Joined: 21 Oct 2018, 07:15
Posts: 27
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Blade: 729 1060 all raquet
FH: 729
BH: 729
GAMBLER ZEBRA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 12 Jan 2020, 15:16 
Offline
Call me Shrek!
User avatar

Joined: 25 May 2011, 12:38
Posts: 996
Location: Auckland, NZ
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 84 times
Blade: Hallmark Ultra
FH: Joola Maxxx-P
BH: Rakza 7 Soft max
spanner wrote:
GAMBLER ZEBRA

thanks, I see there is a range of oversize Gambler blades I didn't know about. Will have a look at the fastest


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 12 Jan 2020, 21:03 
Offline
Senior member
User avatar

Joined: 03 Feb 2018, 00:57
Posts: 151
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 27 times
Blade: Stiga Defensive Classic
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G-1
BH: Tibhar D.TecS
The Stiga Defensive Classic weighs in at 70-75g. Not 100% sure of the wood composition but I'm fairly sure that it's limba / ayous / ayous. It feels a bit like an extremely slow Stiga Allround. Great for chopping and can be used for looping if you pair it with a fast rubber.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2020, 06:04 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 02 Jul 2008, 19:05
Posts: 569
Location: istanbul
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 31 times
+1 for Stiga Def. Classic


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 14 Jan 2020, 19:33 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 28 Feb 2018, 03:24
Posts: 467
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 45 times
mart1nandersson wrote:
The Stiga Defensive Classic weighs in at 70-75g. Not 100% sure of the wood composition but I'm fairly sure that it's limba / ayous / ayous. It feels a bit like an extremely slow Stiga Allround. Great for chopping and can be used for looping if you pair it with a fast rubber.


I finally got myself a D.tecs, but still undecided on what blade to pair it with ... How's this blade, and D.tecs ... ? specifically with

  • Passive Blocking (Close to the table)
  • Braking Effect
  • Aggressive Pushing
  • Mudflap Stroke

_________________
Setup 1 : Donic Defplay Senso V3 Blade Palio AK-47 Blue Max (Black) Yinhe Neptune 0.6mm (Red)
Setup 2 : GKI Euro XX Blade Xiom Vega Europe Max (Black) Bomb Talent OX (Red)
Setup 3 : XVT Hinoki Balsa Carbon Blade 729 Focus III Snipe 40° Max (Black) Dawei 388D-1 OX (Red)
Setup 4 : XVT Black Knight 7 Blade Palio Ak-47 Red Max 45° - 47° Max (Black) Dawei 388D OX (Red)
Setup 5 : Butterfly Joyner-H Blade (Black Metal Tag) Palio AK-47 Yellow Max (Black) Yasaka Mark V Max (Red)
Setup 6 : 729 C-5 Blade Reactor Corbor Max (Black) Palio CK531A 0.6mm (Red)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 21 Jan 2020, 08:09 
Online
New Member
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2011, 20:38
Posts: 18
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 1 time
Der materialspezialist The Wall

Wysłane z mojego MI 9 przy użyciu Tapatalka


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 22 Jan 2020, 00:17 
Offline
Senior member
User avatar

Joined: 03 Feb 2018, 00:57
Posts: 151
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 27 times
Blade: Stiga Defensive Classic
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G-1
BH: Tibhar D.TecS
ootbs wrote:
mart1nandersson wrote:
The Stiga Defensive Classic weighs in at 70-75g. Not 100% sure of the wood composition but I'm fairly sure that it's limba / ayous / ayous. It feels a bit like an extremely slow Stiga Allround. Great for chopping and can be used for looping if you pair it with a fast rubber.


I finally got myself a D.tecs, but still undecided on what blade to pair it with ... How's this blade, and D.tecs ... ? specifically with

  • Passive Blocking (Close to the table)
  • Braking Effect
  • Aggressive Pushing
  • Mudflap Stroke


All of the above works excellent but you will get less "reversal" compared to what you would get with a harder blade such as the VKM or any ALL+/OFF-. This is a blade mainly designed for classical defense. I use it as it's the only blade where I can consistently hit hard with D.TecS (and chopping is still very good). It's a very slow blade so if long distance looping is your thing you may want to consider another blade.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 22 Jan 2020, 13:41 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 28 Feb 2018, 03:24
Posts: 467
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 45 times
mart1nandersson wrote:
ootbs wrote:
mart1nandersson wrote:
The Stiga Defensive Classic weighs in at 70-75g. Not 100% sure of the wood composition but I'm fairly sure that it's limba / ayous / ayous. It feels a bit like an extremely slow Stiga Allround. Great for chopping and can be used for looping if you pair it with a fast rubber.


I finally got myself a D.tecs, but still undecided on what blade to pair it with ... How's this blade, and D.tecs ... ? specifically with

  • Passive Blocking (Close to the table)
  • Braking Effect
  • Aggressive Pushing
  • Mudflap Stroke


All of the above works excellent but you will get less "reversal" compared to what you would get with a harder blade such as the VKM or any ALL+/OFF-. This is a blade mainly designed for classical defense. I use it as it's the only blade where I can consistently hit hard with D.TecS (and chopping is still very good). It's a very slow blade so if long distance looping is your thing you may want to consider another blade.


Yep .. Where I am, most of the players use D.tecs + Stiga Allround Classic (Non WRB), and I know of 2 players, who use D.tecs + VKMO ... I'm leaning towards the Allround Classic, but where I am, only the WRB version is available, which I don't like ... If I were to order it from sites like TT11 or Dandoy, the shipping cost would be a killer..

_________________
Setup 1 : Donic Defplay Senso V3 Blade Palio AK-47 Blue Max (Black) Yinhe Neptune 0.6mm (Red)
Setup 2 : GKI Euro XX Blade Xiom Vega Europe Max (Black) Bomb Talent OX (Red)
Setup 3 : XVT Hinoki Balsa Carbon Blade 729 Focus III Snipe 40° Max (Black) Dawei 388D-1 OX (Red)
Setup 4 : XVT Black Knight 7 Blade Palio Ak-47 Red Max 45° - 47° Max (Black) Dawei 388D OX (Red)
Setup 5 : Butterfly Joyner-H Blade (Black Metal Tag) Palio AK-47 Yellow Max (Black) Yasaka Mark V Max (Red)
Setup 6 : 729 C-5 Blade Reactor Corbor Max (Black) Palio CK531A 0.6mm (Red)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: rubberboy and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2018 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group