OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 05:28

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: andro fibercomp review?
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2011, 12:18 
The aPPrentice
The aPPrentice

i noticed that megaspin has the andro fibercomp DEF blade in stock now, so i was wondering if i could get a review from one of you OOAKians. i heard its one of the best blades for pushblocking. looks pretty promising.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2011, 13:22 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
ilikepie wrote:
i noticed that megaspin has the andro fibercomp DEF blade in stock now, so i was wondering if i could get a review from one of you OOAKians. i heard its one of the best blades for pushblocking. looks pretty promising.

Very hard, pretty slow. Really good for antispin. With Butterfly Super Anti and Butterfly Solcion it played great. My main gripe was that it was too heavy for my taste. I prefer extremely light setups.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2011, 16:59 

Very excelent with D´Tecs.
Many many gears. I think because of the small balsa center you can go from DEF to ALL+ (depends how hard you push)
And a lot of control for BH and FH and still a good reserve for pushing/smashing hard with FH.
Excelent blade for blocker and LP player.
I love this baby :-)

----
Blade4: Joola Tony Hold White Spot / FH: Dawei Navigator GT 4A 1,2 / BH: Palio CK531a slick as an mirror for advanced education :-)

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2011, 02:44 

I'm slowly starting to like it more than my All+ blade. It took a while to for me to get the feel for a slower blade and how best to attack with it with my game style. I don't have a strong forehand but at the table I can put away any weak or popup ball no problem. I would rate this as an All- blade rather than Def+. It is great for chopping. It is a good size 158x155, not too big. Good control. I can attack backspins right down the line pretty consistantly. Not sure of the exact weight, but mine is lighter than 85g. My other blade is 87g and this feels significantly lighter.

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2011, 17:38 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei Fextra 7
FH: PALIO AK47 Red
BH: Dr. Neubauer K.O. Pro 1.5
Andro Fibercomp is very popular among Russian (and Ukrainian) non-professional defenders. There are several deep reviews of this blade and various rubbers on it in Russian language.

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2011, 18:15 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Omut wrote:
Andro Fibercomp is very popular among Russian (and Ukrainian) non-professional defenders. There are several deep reviews of this blade and various rubbers on it in Russian language.

What rubbers do they say work best with it?

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2011, 18:55 
Super User

mynamenotbob wrote:
Omut wrote:
What rubbers do they say work best with it?
I did not follow discussions, but it is a common opinion that Joola Octopus is very good on this blade, and TSP Curl (p1R?) plays badly (too simple). Fibercomp tolerate any defender's inverted, but it seems to be more spin sensitive (thus more friendly for own loop attack then in strict defense) then some other popular blades.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2011, 03:33 

It was recommended to me here to use Dawei Inspirit Quattro on the forehand and it has worked really well for me. The softer sponge works well with this blade. I only hit offensive shots within 3 feet of the table, and I have no problem putting away the balls that I expect to put away with this rubber. It took an adjustment period though because of the lower throw.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2011, 07:52 

Dawei Navigator GT-A4 works excellent, too (for blocking / chopping).
And I love the lower throw. A suprising amount of people have really problems with it - even with easy topspin service
They totally understimate the angle of the rebound and hit a big hole in the air :-)

----
Blade4: Joola Tony Hold White Spot / FH: Dawei Navigator GT 4A 1,2 / BH: Palio CK531a slick as an mirror for advanced education :-)

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2011, 15:36 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

The blade seems to be fairly phenomenal with the Joola Timeless anti. Still trying to work out the forehand. I currently have Tackiness Drive 1.5mm on there, which is decent, but I think I can do better. Anyone ever try short pips on this blade?

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2011, 09:46 
The aPPrentice
The aPPrentice

mynamenotbob wrote:
The blade seems to be fairly phenomenal with the Joola Timeless anti. Still trying to work out the forehand. I currently have Tackiness Drive 1.5mm on there, which is decent, but I think I can do better. Anyone ever try short pips on this blade?

802-40 should work. So should 889-2 and Dragonow.

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2011, 11:38 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

I ended up putting on a sheet of Joola Tango Ultra (I guess 2.0, it's an old sheet). Seems to go with the Fibercomp pretty well. Quite a bit faster than I'm used to. :|

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2011, 17:58 
Super User

Short pips need a hard blade. I personally do not like short pips on a balsa blade -- empty filling.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2011, 18:02 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Omut wrote:
Short pips need a hard blade. I personally do not like short pips on a balsa blade -- empty filling.

Fibercomp is a hard, stiff carbon blade although I think it has balsa in the middle. It doesn't feel like a light balsa long pip blade.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2015, 16:24 

Blade: Yasaka Sweden Defensive
FH: Stiga Calibra Tour M max
BH: Friendship 729 - 755 Ox
Andro Fibercomp DEF is an excellent defensive blade. You could defend and counter attack with this blade very effectively. I glued it with Donic Bluefire M2 max on forehand and Yinhe Milkyway Neptune 0.6 mm on backhand. You could chop against strong topspin and flat hit/punch against flat ball very well with this bat. You could even execute a looping attack with the Neptune long pips to surprise your opponent with this blade very easily. I love this blade so much.

Setup 4: Nittaku Resist, Xiom Sigma I Europe max on forehand, Friendship 755 0.5 mm on backhand
Setup 5: Victas Koji Matsushita, Yasaka Rakza 7 max on forehand, Bomb Talent 0.5mm on backhand
Setup 6: Butterfly Defence 4, Yasaka Rakza 7 max on forehand, Bomb Talent 0.5mm on backhand