OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 20:11

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2021, 08:43 

Blade: Defplay Senso
FH: Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: Stiga Vertical 20 0.5mm
ludo wrote:
Donic would have been wise to distinguish the old and new blades better (lens color maybe).
Since it's hard to see the fiberglass layers and the handle is similar, how would one know if one receives the old or new blade?!
The new one seems very promising with the fiberglass layers.
I tested the old and looping with it felt like swinging with a wet noodle :rofl: :rofl:

Whoops, just saw this :P

The old one had a different number of plies, so it'd be pretty easy to distinguish between them (at least once you received the blade). That's actually what tipped me off; I only saw one balsa ply, instead of two

PostPosted: 25 May 2021, 04:29 
Super User

Blade: Primorac Carbon ST
FH: Tibhar Hybrid MK Pro 2.0
BH: Tibhar Hybrid MK 2.0
Hopsquatch wrote:
The old one had a different number of plies, so it'd be pretty easy to distinguish between them (at least once you received the blade). That's actually what tipped me off; I only saw one balsa ply, instead of two

I wish I could view your pics because I have two old Defplay blades (regular and Classic).
The Classic has obviously some balsa but honestly, I can't tell if it has one or two balsa layers.
Do I have the one with fiberglass?
The regular Defplay Senso on the left and the Classic on the right:
Attachment:
File comment: Defplay vs Classic
Defplay vs Classic.jpg
Defplay vs Classic.jpg [ 428.58 KiB | Viewed 1209 times ]

I found some pics of the Classic that clearly show something different :headbang:
Attachment:
File comment: New Defplay Classic with Fiberglass
donic_defplay_classic_senso-structure.jpg
donic_defplay_classic_senso-structure.jpg [ 18.98 KiB | Viewed 1209 times ]

The balsa layer is thinner. Fiberglass is impossible to notice but top wood layers are thicker.

So Hopsquatch, which one did you receive?
Thanks!

In black playing a 2100+ player: https://youtu.be/if__7emBFqA

PostPosted: 25 May 2021, 08:10 

ludo wrote:
Hopsquatch wrote:

I wish I could view your pics because I have two old Defplay blades (regular and Classic).
The Classic has obviously some balsa but honestly, I can't tell if it has one or two balsa layers.
Do I have the one with fiberglass?
The regular Defplay Senso on the left and the Classic on the right:
Attachment:
Defplay vs Classic.jpg

I found some pics of the Classic that clearly show something different :headbang:
Attachment:
donic_defplay_classic_senso-structure.jpg

The balsa layer is thinner. Fiberglass is impossible to notice but top wood layers are thicker.

So Hopsquatch, which one did you receive?
Thanks!

Mine looks identical to the one in your first photo (at least from what I can tell). Yours looks like one Balsa ply to me; if it was two plies I'd imagine that the striations in the wood wouldn't be seamless between the plies. Hmm I don't know where that second image is from (with the thicker outer plies), but I'm guessing yours has the fiberglass plies. TT11 was clear that the Defplay Classic I ordered is a 5+2 blade!

PostPosted: 25 May 2021, 15:11 
Super User

Blade: Primorac Carbon ST
FH: Tibhar Hybrid MK Pro 2.0
BH: Tibhar Hybrid MK 2.0
Hopsquatch wrote:
Mine looks identical to the one in your first photo (at least from what I can tell). Yours looks like one Balsa ply to me; if it was two plies I'd imagine that the striations in the wood wouldn't be seamless between the plies. Hmm I don't know where that second image is from (with the thicker outer plies), but I'm guessing yours has the fiberglass plies. TT11 was clear that the Defplay Classic I ordered is a 5+2 blade!

Thanks for your answers!
I agree, yours looks exactly like mine. Except that I bought mine 4-5 years ago?!?!
The second image with the thicker outer plies is from Donic.com.

In black playing a 2100+ player: https://youtu.be/if__7emBFqA

PostPosted: 25 May 2021, 22:19 

ludo wrote:
Hopsquatch wrote:

Thanks for your answers!
I agree, yours looks exactly like mine. Except that I bought mine 4-5 years ago?!?!
The second image with the thicker outer plies is from Donic.com.

Huh...

Perhaps the redesign isn't so "new" after all! Though older photos of the Defplay Classic clearly show that it once was a 6 ply blade... I wonder when this change occured