OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 19:29

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2020, 02:35 

Blade: xiom hinoki s7
FH: dms firestorm
Dhs pg7 and yinhe kiso 7 both are not stiff feels like 5ply thats why i both drop them off, theres this new release yinhe d37 7ply at only 6.0mm, you can check at aliexpress.

Sent from my Redmi 6A using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2020, 01:35 

Blade: Avalox Blue Thunder 555
FH: Palio cj8000 Biotech
BH: Palio cj8000 Biotech
mokong wrote:
Dhs pg7 and yinhe kiso 7 both are not stiff feels like 5ply thats why i both drop them off, theres this new release yinhe d37 7ply at only 6.0mm, you can check at aliexpress.

Yeah that's exactly why they should be on the list :)
The d37 looks interesting with that thinner middle core. Though let's just assume that it still have the feel of a 5-ply, since it's only 6 mm.

Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2020, 10:23 

Blade: xiom hinoki s7
FH: dms firestorm
jonasnymose wrote:
mokong wrote:

The d37 looks interesting with that thinner middle core. Though let's just assume that it still have the feel of a 5-ply, since it's only 6 mm.

Theres still no review yet on the web, i like the handle of yinhe d37, i hope ej wont kick on me on this.blade

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2020, 21:52 

Blade: Avalox Blue Thunder 555
FH: Palio cj8000 Biotech
BH: Palio cj8000 Biotech
mokong wrote:
jonasnymose wrote:
mokong wrote:

Theres still no review yet on the web, i like the handle of yinhe d37, i hope ej wont kick on me on this.blade

Of course it will :) you have to take that one for the team ;P

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2023, 19:37 

jonasnymose wrote:
mokong wrote:

Hello, had somebody tested this Yinhe D37 blade?

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2023, 17:34 

I recently purchased a D37. It is thin and feels as such, and shares in characteristics of 7 ply and 5 ply wood blades. It has vibration, flex and speed characteristics of a five ply blade, but it has a lower trajectory and more limited speed gearing of a seven ply. I felt it to be slower with a soggier vibration yet harder contact feeling than Offensive S and Stratus Powerwood, more stable but not as slingy/bouncy as Victas Swat, and certainly not as supportive/strong as Rossi Viva. The blade I would compare it most to would be the Stiga Energy WRB, in fact the D37 I have is quite close in feeling to many Stiga blades as it has a loud and elastic characteristic vibration, but the trajectory feels low and direct and more suited to someone who drives the ball more rather than loop, and the blade does not feel like it kicks the ball as strongly when you hit hard as is more common with five ply blades. I felt it quite suitable for an allround game mixing a strong short game with blocks and drives as well as some loops, and it felt quite comfortable to chop with as well esp with long pimples, the flared handle is large and very comfortable and the top ply seems to be smooth and resistant to splintering. Quite a nice blade although I can list many blades that I feel have better qualities overall, I currently have Feint 2 and EL-S on it playing a Gionis-esque style, but I think it could also suit a hybrid block/drive game with pimples.

TLDR- from my experience the D37 is a thin, comparatively slow (all+) and benign, medium hard feeling seven ply blade with a slightly lower trajectory.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2023, 19:52 

Oh, thank you for a deep review! I think it is the only one review for this blade yet.
There is another supposedly thinner Yinhe 7 ply blade - Yinhe U1 VB. It is quite standard limba ayous construction with baked layers so it could be little bit lighter. So I am surprised that it seems not much popular. Maybe even discontinued. Have anyone played this blade?

ALC_Agent wrote:
I recently purchased a D37. It is thin and feels as such, and shares in characteristics of 7 ply and 5 ply wood blades. It has vibration, flex and speed characteristics of a five ply blade, but it has a lower trajectory and more limited speed gearing of a seven ply. I felt it to be slower with a soggier vibration yet harder contact feeling than Offensive S and Stratus Powerwood, more stable but not as slingy/bouncy as Victas Swat, and certainly not as supportive/strong as Rossi Viva. The blade I would compare it most to would be the Stiga Energy WRB, in fact the D37 I have is quite close in feeling to many Stiga blades as it has a loud and elastic characteristic vibration, but the trajectory feels low and direct and more suited to someone who drives the ball more rather than loop, and the blade does not feel like it kicks the ball as strongly when you hit hard as is more common with five ply blades. I felt it quite suitable for an allround game mixing a strong short game with blocks and drives as well as some loops, and it felt quite comfortable to chop with as well esp with long pimples, the flared handle is large and very comfortable and the top ply seems to be smooth and resistant to splintering. Quite a nice blade although I can list many blades that I feel have better qualities overall, I currently have Feint 2 and EL-S on it playing a Gionis-esque style, but I think it could also suit a hybrid block/drive game with pimples.

TLDR- from my experience the D37 is a thin, comparatively slow (all+) and benign, medium hard feeling seven ply blade with a slightly lower trajectory.

Last edited by Yenda on 11 Feb 2023, 19:56, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2023, 19:53 

Another one for the list is JOOLA Rossi fire.
6.1 mm thick, 150 x 156 mm headsize. Not long but thick FL handle. Mirror smooth finished limba top ply. Probably made in Hungary. Not played it yet but is quite lightweight (my is 82g) and flexible.