OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 24 Jan 2021, 11:49

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2020, 20:27 
Manufacturer: RE-IMPACT

Location: Lembruch Dumber lake, Diepholz, Lower Saxony, Germany
Now is the time! The roof of the world in table tennis is here. The Hyperion should unite two contrasts in playing technique. The forehand is supposed to perfect the linear offensive play behaviour under best control values, while the backhand is also supposed to optimise the best controlled all-round behaviour from allround to allround+ under the disturbing behaviour of pimpled outer rubbers. The production is expected to start at the end of next week, from 1 November 2020, and will be ready for shipment within 18 days of receipt of the order. Should new official lockdown orders lead to temporary closures of halls, the start of the 14-day test period will be suspended indefinitely until the halls reopen after a trial period in Germany, if a purchase after trial period has been (re)agreed with me in writing.

The new competition wood is an eight-layer competition wood. It should guarantee a fast linear play in the forehand under professional playing techniques even with 43-44 ° hard playing surfaces (forehand chevalier) and at the same time keep the flight curve of the plastic ball extremely low so that the balls can be blocked or attacked more difficultly by the opponent.
The backhand, on the other hand, should get exactly the opposite picture for the use of pimpled outer rubbers and therefore make a lot of cuts in order to achieve a very good cut transmission. Here too, the playing conditions of the ball must be similarly flat as in the forehand, so that the respective plastic ball bounces in the 25-30 cm zone in front of the baseline, so that it cannot be immediately attacked again by the opponent. For the development of the backhand I will use the structure of the Dream to stabilize the tension of the wood in the overall behaviour.
The new series Hyperion will be produced from the end of next week.

If you have already pre-ordered the Chevalier and are playing material on the forehand or the backhand, you should contact me by email to find out which pimpled outer material (e.g. Feint long) should be played on the backhand; so that we can change the order to Hyperion internally, because the Chevalier can be played flat with pimples, but it hardly produces any cut, so that the balls arrive much too harmlessly at the opponent with e.g. long pimples.

The Chevalier is therefore only something for advanced players who want to play more linear and faster with normal pimpled rubbers or slower with defence rubbers. Whether this also works with an Anti or Glanti on the Chevalier, we have not yet tested. But I could imagine that we first need individual solutions for the special use of the antis in order to be able to counteract in time.

expected technical values

Weight_* ~72 g, applies to small sheet

Thickness ~ 10,8 mm

Control * forehand 200 %, backhand 230 %

Effet 160 % , disturbance of the backhand 80-85

Ball impact behaviour forehand medium hard and backhand hard

mirror asymmetry1 * forehand 112-120 backhand 65-73

mirror asymmetry2 * forehand 68-75 backhand 115 -120

Application area * all-off++

The new Hyperion can only be officially ordered from Re-Impact from 1 November. As I still have to work with very limited resources and calculate carefully because of the corona crisis, ordering by credit card Amazon etc. is not possible at the moment. A fortnight ago it was still possible, but my Magenta program will probably not be supported anymore, because there is a new program for it again. At the moment you can only pay by bank transfer and Paypal.

Last edited by achim on 22 Oct 2020, 06:47, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2020, 01:25 

I'm the proud owner and user of two Re-Impact blades (Rapier 44 and Dream). I've also enjoyed demoing Smart. They are all fantastic in their own way. I can't wait to try one from this new generation. The technology and craftsmanship utilized in Re-Impact blades is unparalleled. November is just around the corner. ;-) I now have something special on my Christmas list!!!!

Last edited by Tommy Zai on 22 Oct 2020, 06:13, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2020, 05:40 
Manufacturer: RE-IMPACT

Location: Lembruch Dumber lake, Diepholz, Lower Saxony, Germany
Monday, 2.11.2020

And this is now the final result of the new Hyperion product which is now ready for the market!

The new competition wood is now nine-layered and has no foreign matter apart from the composite material between the glued layers of wood. The Hyperion has exactly the same racquet construction as the Chevalier. Even the sequence of layers used is the same. The only thing that has changed now is the geometric course of the used layers, which are reversed in the Hyperion in the backhand in a diagonal course. Therefore, the Hyperion has now become a combination wood compared to the Chevalier, because the backhand is now much slower and more sensitive under the material used for the pimples. However, the fast linear play of the forehand of the original Chevalier under professional playing techniques with 42-44° hard rubbers (European hardness standard) should remain guaranteed and the flight curve of the synthetic ball should be kept extremely low so that the balls can be blocked or attacked more difficult by the opponent. However, no sponges below the specified hardness level of 42 ° European hardness standard should be used. It is also possible to use much harder sponges, but this will be at the expense of good ball control. It is interesting to note that the effet behaviour increases even more when using very hard elastic sponges.

The backhand of the Hyperion, on the other hand, which now also plays very linearly, should therefore get exactly the opposite picture for the use of pimpled out rubbers and therefore make much more cuts in order to achieve a very good cut transmission. However, this is only possible if the backhand's tempo can be visibly reduced and taken back.
For this purpose Limba veneers are now used, which are also used for the Abachi, the T 4 or T 1. The basic condition is, however, that the playing conditions of the ball must be similarly flat as in the forehand, so that the respective plastic ball can hit in the 25-30 cm zone in front of the baseline and dive down faster due to the high effet content of the balls, so that it cannot be attacked again immediately by the opponent.

But there is still something very nice about the Hyperion now presented! The Hyperion will now also be optimally playable for the lower classes again because of its increased control in the backhand, because the combined backhand is not only more playable, but also in this combination was rated by my test players as not prone to cuts at all.

The Hyperion was last tested here with the rubber combination Dignics 09 C 2.1mm VH and RH Allround Premium 2 in 1.0mm or Easy P 0.5mm. The test result = Topspin without END! Very easy and safe to play and cut resistant, no matter how much cut is put in the serve (very good racquet). 4 testers described the rubber as well as all other pimpled rubbers.
The control value due to the better linear control of the backhand pulls the forehand with it and is now sensitively 210 %, all-off and the swerve is 180 %. Due to the slower design of the backhand, the club becomes much more allround-offensive than the equally designed Chevalier, (all+-off+).

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!