OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 00:23

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2020, 20:35 
Manufacturer: RE-IMPACT

Location: Lembruch Dumber lake, Diepholz, Lower Saxony, Germany
This beautiful combined competition blade, which is made of 100% pure wood, i.e. it does not contain any foreign material such as carbon or glass fibre nets, gets the playing characteristics of the Chevalier in the forehand. This combined blade is very straight and linear with professionally perfect attacking options and the application of a very good technique. The competition blade can create the playing characteristics of carbon blades, which normally have a lot of ball feeling of the re-impact blades. The wood veneer has been built up and glued in nine layers. Both hitting surfaces are very catapult-free, but the forehand can suddenly activate several tempos during a more active game, which will guarantee precise and safe ball control in all playing situations.

My idea is that I let the Glatt Anti Table Tennis rubber in the backhand cushion inwards under very hard top sheet veneers with combined softer lining of balsa wood. This will allow the ball to be carried longer and more strongly through the surface of the rubber and will guarantee a higher passive safety of the angle stroke, because the wood will logically carry the ball longer than it normally can.

With Smooth Anti rubbers the angle susceptibility is very high and the balls will fall off the racquet very quickly due to the very smooth and non-resilient surface if you want to play more passively. They then fall down powerlessly and wither even before the net, if the balls cannot be actively carried and supported by the blade and rubber.

As the plastic ball has the bad property of being able to become statically charged when there is a lot of heat in play, its unpleasant static charge attracts the ball to particularly friction-strong rubbers and completely destroys good angle-dependent ball control, especially when the surface of Glatt Anti rubbers is supposed to be completely or slightly friction-free. For example, the ball should first be played with very soft balsa wood between two layers of solid wood, which immediately triggers a combined fright braking of the ball when hitting the hitting surface. The theory of an initially unsteady ball control of the ball can also be supported and built up by the high angle susceptibility of the ball.

The whole concept of producing the forehand Chevalier and the backhand Glatt Anti can only be carried out in a very complex way, so that this competition blade will be as expensive as the nine-layer Chevalier. Therefore the whole development potential of a perfect line to Chevalier - Hyperion and "Chevanti" is available for all table tennis players in popular sports as well as in the professional camp of professional players at Re-Impact.
The asymmetrical racket position guarantees extremely flat and precise ball flight curves in all imaginable playing situations. These curves are reproducible and also have the development goal of sparing the arm and shoulder joints, because only a minimum of air resistance is created in the forward movement of the ball. When I order the Mcp-System as an extra, I can even optimise the individual ball flight length of each player, so that the played balls will hit every 25-35 cm before the baseline, if a good balance hand is supported and played by the player himself. The set Balance Hand
prevents the ball flight curve from rising from a supine position when the balance hand is guided and held above the hip. So every player from half distance is able to play a low-tension forearm from a supine position, which will further promote the optimal spin position of topspin balls.
All 3 Re-Impact products are designed with a heavier grip, so that the weight of the racket itself can be optimally counteracted if it is too heavy.

preliminary technical data

Weight_attribute *
from small leaf ~ 70 g
thickness *
11.4 mm
Control *
Forehand 200 Backhand 180
Effet
Forehand 160 Backhand 200, when using Glattanti rubbers ~ 40
Bending elasticity *
forehand medium hard, backhand hard, but soft feathering
Mirror asymmetry1 * *
Forehand 90-100 Backhand 40-70
Mirror asymmetry2 * *
Forehand 40-70 Backhand 90-110
Range of application *
forehand off+ backhand def-all
Chevanti
Country of Manufacture
Germany
delivery time
approx. 18 days
expected to be available for online ordering from 10 December
Combi wood *
yes
Technology *
Active and classic playability

your recommendation. mailto://[email protected]/ http://www.re-impact.de/

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2020, 00:34 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Sounds great Achim!

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2020, 12:41 

Oh, this sounds like another winner. Wish I could afford the whole Re-Impact line . . . such a lovely HUGE step above mass produced blades.

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2020, 20:39 

Blade: Dr Neubauer Matador
FH: Tenergy 05
BH: Hellfire X OX
Is this blade also best option for OX Long pips for backhand? To play near to the table.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2020, 07:18 

Anartt wrote:
Is this blade also best option for OX Long pips for backhand? To play near to the table.

no, this is the new Hyperion, which will be online shortly

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2020, 07:57 

achim wrote:
Anartt wrote:

Can i buy Chevanti? And use it with Long Pips too? Is it also effective? Because i can not afford to buy 2 blades. I want buy one which matches with both on the backhand Antispin and OX Long pips, only Antispin and Long Pips OX (without sponge version OX)
Is there big difference Chevanti and Hyperion? What is their difference if it is big?

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2020, 06:49 

Anartt wrote:
achim wrote:
Anartt wrote:

Can i buy Chevanti? And use it with Long Pips too? Is it also effective? Because i can not afford to buy 2 blades. I want buy one which matches with both on the backhand Antispin and OX Long pips, only Antispin and Long Pips OX (without sponge version OX)
Is there big difference Chevanti and Hyperion? What is their difference if it is big?

Hi,yes, this works very well on the Chevanti and you can play it better with long pimples ox than the Hyperion, which works better with 1.0 mm sponge under the pimples.
The reason for this is the special backhand hardness, which the Hyperion does not have as much as the Chevanti.
So of course you can order a Chevanti by ordering the Hyperion and in a second mail via [email protected],
you can order the Chevanti instead of the Hyperion, because both woods have the same base price.
Instead of the Hyperion I will send you the Chevanti after 14-18 days of production to your shipping address.
So we can get things moving quickly until the new Chevanti wood is officially put online.

However, the Hyperion has not yet been translated into English or French. At the moment you only get the German text and you can have it translated very well into English or French with this artificial translator. The artificial translator is very very good. https://www.deepl.com/translator
I also like to use it for difficult text passages to make myself understood in foreign languages.

if you still have special questions, please ask them here! I will answer in detail and promptly!

best regards, Achim

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2020, 08:15 

Are you sure that Chevanti will also produce highest spin reversal? When using antispin. If yes, why? Which character of this model helps it to produce highest spin reversal. Also which antispin do you recommend for backhand and which thickness?

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2020, 19:14 

Anartt wrote:
Are you sure that Chevanti will also produce highest spin reversal? When using antispin. If yes, why? Which character of this model helps it to produce highest spin reversal. Also which antispin do you recommend for backhand and which thickness?

Well, there are many Antis you could play and there are enough woods at Re-Impact with which you could play normal Antis like Super Anti or Toni Hold for example. But for the Smooth Anti there are no reasonable woods yet that could put the principle of rolling resistance into big spin reversal on the wood itself; to achieve flutter effects or odd ball flight curves again, whose balls really get an untypical and very disturbing course for the opponent. The problem here is related to the rather low-spin and new plastic balls, which with the latest developments also fly cleaner and cleaner in the ball flight curve and with the many tables that still play well to destroy spin.
If before I was able to exploit this treacherous imbalance behaviour to develop high interference options, because the ball could dive down quite fast afterwards, I have to be careful with the new inventions that the balls must have a certain ball flight length. But they must also remain extremely flat during play, if possible, so that they cannot be immediately attacked again by the opponent.
I therefore think that it is very important for a glantis player that the balls cannot be attacked again immediately by the opponent. Otherwise he cannot prepare a strategy for his safe hand. The cue balls must always be able to hit in the 25-40 cm zone in front of the baseline, so that on the one hand they cannot lose any spin and on the other hand they must be played so short when blocking that the cue balls do not rise but remain flat.

This is the principle of the new Chevanti, which, depending on the technique used, should also produce a very good cut reversal.
He should be able to support the advantages of a very linear forehand, which could be played very well even with maximum playing surfaces, not only directly at the table but also powerfully from half distance, while the backhand at the table can be supported by short block attacks, but also from the back with passive defence
and also brave strike attacks should be alternately applicable. The new Chevanti not only takes the speed out of the backhand when you want to play more passively, but also in the forehand, so that I can also play spinlessly with spin-rich attacking rubbers when I want to reduce the speed. But it must also be the case that the blade builds up speed very quickly if you want to play speed on the forehand again, whereas the Chevanti will actually increase the speed again as if you had several gears available.

How something like this can work, I am unfortunately not allowed to reveal here, because it is my trade secret. But that it will work is on the one hand due to the high static charge of the hitting surfaces themselves and on the other hand, if you do less, the wood can also slow down the tempo again, so that you can actually play more passively.

It is therefore logical that the static charge must also be reduced in the case of high passivity in order to be able to play spin freely.
But as already mentioned, the abilities of a good preparation are not only due to high disruptive effects, but also to the possibility to combine many technical combinations in order to remain more capable of action. So I have to be able to force my opponent to draw and for this I need the right combination of wood and combination rubbers as (gl)anti.

If you know, for example, what difficulties a glantis player has in laying his own cut, you will always find a way to set up your game in such a way that an anti-player cannot take advantage of it. However, if I can keep the pace very passively and cutlessly with a spin-rich attacking rubber, the anti-player gets the chance to confuse the opponent with the alternating combination and use this to his advantage. For this kind of game you have to build a bat that is on the one hand able to generate even more spin by high speed, so that the opponent's back balls have to rise, or on the other hand to generate a high level of passivity on both sides, which can be played spinless on both sides by reducing speed. But this does not mean that you cannot play a sharp undercut with the forehand or backhand. It is always relevant to the surface to see which advantages the player himself wants to use.

The forehand of the Chevanti is relatively catapult-free, while the backhand plays a bit more directly, but can take the speed very well. The relatively hard stroke cannot let the ball starve on the own half, but carries the ball safely into the opponent's half.

So now every antisplayer can force his opponent to play very clean balls. If he can't do that, the balls rise and are easy prey for the dominant player. The only difficulty is that you have to be able to play relatively angle-prone game angles optimally because of the special depth of the game balls, in order to make especially spin-rich, fast game shots reproducible. As the new competition blade plays similar to a carbon blade in the forehand, it is equipped with the excellent ball control of a re-impact blade, which normal carbon blades do not have. This means that the competition racket always has excellent control and a very large sweetspot behaviour, which is unrivalled.

A major disadvantage, however, would be that you would have to get used to other weight classes with the chevanti. This means that with quite passive strokes there is also a noticeable top-heaviness, which however requires a straightforwardly built racquet in order to be able to generate a lot of speed and spin in aggressive play, which is difficult to bring back from the opponent and can then quickly fly over the table as the game progresses. But I have a new idea to balance the shape of the racket even in passive play in such a way that the high top-height will be noticed very little in passive play.

But an even bigger problem for me has become the Corona crisis. In Germany they have set the lockdown until 10th January and maybe it will come to a complete standstill again, which will be extended until the end of January. This means that I have to cope with 4 months of order standstill in 2020 Germany, so that no amateur games can or could take place because of closed sports halls. Since I can work alone in my company, I can pre-fabricate many orders which can be used later when the games are played again. At Re-Impact, however, due to the nature of the system, only one-offs are produced, which are only manufactured after the order is received. So anyone who cannot play yet could order now.

This is why re-Impact offers an unlimited 14-day, trial period abroad even 20 days after receipt, so that every player can have the game replaced later, when the testing possibilities are available again.

For your orders I will reduce some of the online products at noon today by 10 - 20 % Christmas discount, valid until 31 December 2020, when we will have to change the prices again anyway, because the German VAT rate will rise again to 19 %.

In this way you can help me to get enough orders that will certainly get me through a difficult time, because I cannot, like other companies, apply for emergency aid or state-guaranteed bank loans. In the case of a limited company this would be tantamount to a declaration of bankruptcy and would subsequently damage my reputation and my product.

In addition, the German government is making it quite difficult for your German companies, allegedly to strengthen the craft sector.
In this context, master craftsman's degrees have been introduced again since 1.1.2020. As a wooden toy maker for custom-made products, my registered business in Germany is now covered by a tolerated protection of the status quo, which is valid as long as the business continues. I am therefore dependent on having to make sufficient profits with my business in order not to run into a business shortfall.

I do honest and I have been doing very good work for over 21 years of my business. I am also used to having to live with a constant fear in my back in order to always remain competitive.
But I am dependent on the beloved hobby of table tennis players for my business, who want to buy my products even during legally required match-free periods and I am not afraid to address my biggest problem, which is what I have at the moment.

I would therefore like to thank each of my customers who are now willing to support me in these difficult times with orders of their choice.
Thank you very much, Merry Christmas, please stay healthy and have a good new year,
in this sense, Achim
--------

Test play of a re-impact test player from a European country
Hello Achim,
yesterday I tested the wood, one in advance, I was very pleased.
forehand I played a Goliath in 2,1mm, backhand Gorilla 0,6 mm
Short to the forehand, very controlled and very good spin possible, also blocking works very well. Speed was also optimal, I personally got along with it very well and could pull very safely and had a higher hit rate than normal.
backhand:
As you surely know, the Gorilla is one of the most difficult GLANTI to control, but with a very high potential for disturbance.
The wood tamed the Gorilla so that you can play very controlled and even lead a ball.
The ball bounced flat off the bat and off the table. Also the length of the balls was optimal, the spin reversal was now not noticeably higher than with another blade. But you simply cannot expect this from a plastic ball either. Just as outstanding are the offensive options that are possible. So it is very easy to counter a counter ball, which is always the Achilles heel of a GLANTI.
My general conclusion, an outstanding GLANTI blade, which I personally would not change.
Greetings Claus

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2020, 23:01 

now you can officially order the Chevanti and I'm even starting with an extremely attractive Christmas price!

It's really worthwhile for Glatt antiplayers who have already wanted to change their mind to take a look at the online shop at Re-Impact. This new innovation really gives you an excellent perspective for the future. Playing table tennis will give you great pleasure again as soon as you start playing!

Due to shipping difficulties, I would advise you to send the product by DHL shipping premium, which would cost about 40 € to Australia. The calculated shipping amount is therefore not sufficient for some countries due to the Corona
difficulties. You can also predetermine this yourself in your order by selecting the additional order cone for the shipping costs. Then I will deliver the ordered competition wood with the best shipping method for you.

Tapered handle +€29.24

and in the case of a Paypal order and payment, I will also return any overpaid shipping costs to all orderers once the goods have been shipped and the costs for this are presented to me by DHL. So this would be fair also for you regulated, so that you do not have to wait too long for your ordered and paid goods.

Zone 1 costs €5 more, zone = €12 more, zone 3 for about €18 more, zone 4 = €24, zone 5 = €33, zone €40 in addition possibly corona surcharges. This is also one of the reasons why I am setting this Christmas price so well yet, as we will have to go into a hard lockdown in Germany again from Christmas.

However, since I am allowed to work alone in my workshop and all Re-Impact orders are custom-made due to the system, I can also make your orders during the legally mandated match-free break, so that you will have your playing equipment with you in time for the start of the match or in a predictable time....

https://re-impact.de/chevanti.html

https://www.deepl.com/translator

http://noppentest.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39915

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2021, 09:18 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Hi!

Achim let me try a spcially made Chevanti blade with a propeller handle (made for me) and with a slightly different configuration of the wood layers, compared to the original Chevanti. This is because Achin let a few players try different versions so we could give him feedback on how it works with different antis. I got my blade a few days before Christmas, I have tried it for three sessions (but I have also used other blades). The one I have is at 87 grams, so not very light. But it is not head heavy, so I can still switch between BH and FH rather swiftly. It is also slightly different from some other Chevantis.

I will not talk much about the FH side, but it is good, with very good speed at high impact and very good control at low impact, and a rather flat trajectory. Opponents seem to be bothered by the trajectory and spin varaitions from FH side. I have also tried a friends Chevalier.

The version I got seem to work best with faster or more calssic antis, and not the frictionless ones I am used to. My trusted Barna SuperGlanti did not work very good on my version. This back spin on blocks was not as good as with some other blades and the arc/trajectory was too high. Also, since the blade has a cork layer that dampens the speed and makes the touch feel a little dull or almost dead, it is also difficult to attack back spin the way I usually do, with an aggressive push. But the control of this blade is very good and I could control the placement of the ball very good.

I have also tried my version of the blade with Neubauer Gorilla 1.0, Neubauer Power Attack 1,5 and medium pip Yinhe Pluto 1,5 mm. So far I think the Gorilla may be the best match, or perhaps Pluto.
Gorilla feels almost controlled on this blade and I can still play passive with rather ok effect. But this rubber works best with a little more aggressive style. So countering blocks is possible and very difficult for the opponent. Also, aggressive pushing against backspin is very good. But if you do it a little too catious or lame, your opponent will just kill it. The same goes for blocking against top spin, but here the blade helps with holding the ball a little longer, enough to guide the ball in the right angle and direction. But don't get me wrong, it is still very difficult to play with Gorilla, kind of the Flashback or Power Pipes or Aggressor. You need to be firm but not hit the ball too hard (very difficult when you are under preassure).

Using Power Attack is almost the same, but here the blocks are a little safer, at least if the attack is not very fast. A fast attack is very difficult to block, the ball goes straight forward, so you relly need the right angle. Attcking back spin is good and very fast. But countering a block or drive is more difficult with Power Attack than with my version (rather old) of Gorilla on this blade. I can hit against slight top spin but it is not much easier than with SuperGlanti. So the Power Attack feels a little pointless on this blade.

Then I have also tried Pluto on thic blade and that worked very nice. Good control and still a few odd flight curves and deception. I could hit hard against top spin, making the ball go straigt and fast like a rocket. But I can also block with a thin touch, with upward movement, to scrub the spin and pace off the ball. Block is very safe but perhaps not very troublesome for the opponent. But it is very nice to feel safe in blocks :). Pushing is good but spinless (very deceptive for some opponents). I have tried this rubber on a Clipper, and that has a more direct feeling, while control is better with the Chevanti.

So, all in all, very good control on BH, you feel in charge of the ball. But also some deception is lost so you need dangerous rubbers that may be too difficult on other blades for a game based on deception with BH.

Here is a clip where I block first with Chevanti and Barna SuperGlanti 1,2 mm, then on my "normal" blade (Sword Final Strike) with SG 1,6 mm and then I use a freinds bat (the one he used against Ibrahima Diaw, as can be seen in the Barna SuperGlanti commercial clip), a 8 mm balsa with SG 1,6 mm, and then back again to the Chevanti.

https://youtu.be/r81DF4I-uYc

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2021, 14:13 
Super User

From what I saw on your video, I quite favour the Chevanti over the other two blades. Appears to be slower with more control and it sounds kind of dead and I am sure it feels that way too. :D

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2021, 19:09 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

TTbuddy wrote:
From what I saw on your video, I quite favour the Chevanti over the other two blades. Appears to be slower with more control and it sounds kind of dead and I am sure it feels that way too. :D
Yes, this is all true. But there is a difference in back spin and trajectory. This is most clear when Chevanti is compared to my friends bat (also custom made, but a long time ago).

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2021, 23:16 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Maybe the Chevanti does not go so well with that SG in 1.2.I'm sure with other antis it will work really well. Also , I think that the Chevanti will go perfectly well with ox pips .

I did like the third setup the most.Very good spin reversal and low trajectory ; besides, the blocks were much shorter .

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2021, 23:44 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
I agree with Charmander, watching your video it appeared that the best performance was with the third blade. Definitely lower trajectory. I'm loving the DerMaterialspezialist Carbon Deluxe blade. Not only is it great with the DMS Scandal, but paired with MX-P, I've been told that my loop is the best it's ever been.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5