OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 20:32

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2021, 02:46 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
charmander defender wrote:
Maybe the Chevanti does not go so well with that SG in 1.2.I'm sure with other antis it will work really well. Also , I think that the Chevanti will go perfectly well with ox pips .

I did like the third setup the most.Very good spin reversal and low trajectory ; besides, the blocks were much shorter .
Yes, I think this blade would work great with ox lp, but then there may be other Re-impact blades even better suited for that. Also, my version of the blade is a little different from the version that another player tried and that may be better for anti.

The third setup is a very special blade, 8 mm balsa core with walnut layers outside, rather thick ones. Not sure if there is anything else, it does not look like that. My blade is exactly the same but thicker balsa core and slightly thinner walnut layers. And I would guess that the density of the balsa layers differ, that mine is more dense, but that is just a guess. Marcus actually used 0.8 mm Barna SuperGlanti on that blade and got that to work ok, but against Ibrahima Diaw I think it was 1.6 mm (in the video above I think it was 1.6.mm). The blade was made for long pimples and it was just lucky coincidence that he pulled that out from his closet and tried it with Barna SuperGlanti (and because Guido told us that SG works good with balsa wood like Wizard Fire).

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2021, 12:37 
Super User

From an Ox pips perspective, I think (and agree with Charmander Defender) that the Chevanti will be a perfect fit :P

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2021, 19:38 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

TTbuddy wrote:
From an Ox pips perspective, I think (and agree with Charmander Defender) that the Chevanti will be a perfect fit :P
I wish I could answer that but LP ox is not something I have tried a lot. But I am sure Achim have other testplayers that can tell if it is a good match.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2021, 06:44 

Blade: Re-Impact Chevanti
FH: Spinlord Wyvern 1.8
BH: Trouble Maker ox
Hello, I am new to this forum (and to any other forum so far). I started playing TT only 5 years ago with LP ox on BH almost right from the beginning. My current TTR-level in Germany is 1300 which is pretty low (but not very low) and rising. Chevanti is my second Re-impact-blade so far. With my skills I found the BH difficult to handle with LP ox probably due to the noticeable catapult. Although for me LP with sponge came along with less control on any other blade, I found it much better and with higher control on the Chevanti. Especially blocking got easier and I can chop as fast as never before. Even counter-hitting on topspin is working fine, a stroke I cannot do with any other setup. I am using TroubleMaker with 1.0 sponge now. As the original sponge is very slow I glue a different one. Due to the pandemic I can only play with my son and a robot at the moment but to my son the disruptive effect seems to be higher as with LP ox on other blades. For me the disruptive effect means that the opponent makes mistakes he himself and I are wondering about. My son is a two wing looper. By the way, the FH is by far the best I ever encountered! Pretty fast and spinny but no catapult here. Please note that there are two versions of the Chevanti: the original one I own and a newer version with slower BH called "ChevantiS".

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2021, 06:01 
Manufacturer: RE-IMPACT

Location: Lembruch Dumber lake, Diepholz, Lower Saxony, Germany
I would prefer to use the new "Dream" for outdoor pimples without sponge, as it is mega good and fulfils the highest disturbance potentials for this. When it comes to tempo characteristics, the Rapier 44 (defensive all-round +) would also be of great advantage here. But my first choice would always be the new "Dream 2019", because this competition blade is made for ox-picks with the highest interference potential.

The Chevanti and Chevanti(Soft) are best made for Anti and Glanti rubbers in the backhand, because these rubbers have to have a special double dampening effect to be dangerous.
A simple damping effect is not at all sufficient for Glanti rubbers, because the balls can suddenly rise drastically during long game changes due to the high static charging effects of the balls, because they will the rolling resistance then especially on friction coefficient rubbers then immediately reduce.

Static loading effects can always lead to unpleasant game effects when playing. This can then also lead to an undesirable loss of control.
Therefore, I can less recommend outside pimle rubbers without sponge here, as a double stop effect can then also lead to the balls rising. However, with pimples outside with sponge the Chevanti or Chevanti (S) works very well.

There are actually no duplicate timbers in my range of offerings. They mostly differ from each other only in the focal points. So the focal points create the best playing conditions, while limit values will tend to create playing weaknesses.
For example, Rapier 44 is a super defensive blade. But it is also a super topspin blade the other way round. But if I want to shoot powerfully with it, then I have to set particularly hard playing rubbers so that the mass behaviour of the blade can effectively increase for a spinless good shot. So if I use soft rubbers for this competition blade, I cannot want to create shooting safety via the shot play.

And now there is also the weight. If I now have to use 8-9 layers with the Glanti, the minimum weight without play pads is already quite high; with Chevanti up to 75 g and with ChevantiS up to 85 g with the small blade, if I include the mcp system here. A medium or large blade is less recommended at this weight. Chevanti and Chevalier are already sorted in a prototypenselection. So I can't build them lighter because 9 layers together weigh more than seven do. But with the Rapier or Dream 2019 larger blades are no problem at all, because these woods are only 6-7 layers, so 2 layers or better at least 15 gram lighter than 8-9 layers could ever be.

This is one more point to recommend the Dream 2019, because all points and explanations about this blade correspond to reality and the test result of many test players. It can simply do everything and is certainly also very good for normal antiplayers. But Glantis can only be played very well on the Chevanti or chevantiS and that is what it is all about here, isn't it!

The "Dream 2019" has fewer control values than the "Chevalier"; yes of course! " But actually only because it is much cheaper to build!"
If I were to use the perfect construction here, as I did with the "Chevalier", I would have to sell the competition racket Dream at the same price as the Chevalier, because the manufacturing effort would be twice as high as normal.

But if a wood like the Chevanti(S) is already particularly heavy, it will be much more difficult to bring the control values here to play in a properly sensitive way. So I have to choose it as a Perfect Bau in any case, so that the total weight remains more favourable. But I don't have to do that with the "Dream 2019", because the simple construction is good.

Take a closer look at the technical data. Then you will see that the bending elasticity is specified there. You can see from this value which playing surfaces must have advantages. If a blade is particularly soft, it will certainly only play well with hard rubbers. And if it is also low in catapult, then the best choice is probably the BTY Dignics 09 c in 2.1 mm, because the rubber is very catapulting. But it also has to be very well played in. This is certainly not for players who only want to test such a blade with unplayed rubbers for a short time.
These rubbers have to be played in for at least 14 days until they produce the special softness in the surface effect. Then this particular rubber is the best I have ever played.
My word on it; it doesn't get any better than the Chevalier or ChevantiS, for example. I recommend these BTY rubbers here in particular, because these rubbers make my woods really shine. Only so I favour this choice because of that! But as reseller, I am not allowed to recommend these rubbers "because I cannot free guarantee the service of fitting" them due to the lack of discounts.

However, we have also found that the exceptional Dignics 09 c rubber can also be played very well on hard woods when it is properly ready for use.

And check out my detailed advice and reviews on my online site "Re-Impact". I hardly think there are other manufacturers who write this in as much detail as Re-Impact does. "Re-Impact" is real and not "Alice in Wonderland" as many keep thinking and writing variously. Woods that regulate the tempo themselves exist as a matter of course and probably only at Re-Impact, because other manufacturers make it their business to only promote the development of playing rubbers, but completely disregard the playing woods, which are the soul of everyone's game.

After all, I can only play well if everything - rackets and playing rubbers - is effectively put together to get the desired direction of play.

"Re-Impact competition blades" have successfully completed 21 years of professional development. That is why I always write publicly about competition rackets, because they comply with the current ITTF rules and have always done so for 21 years.

What many table tennis players obviously don't know, however, is that "re-impact rackets" are not mass-produced, but are custom-made due to the system, 90 % of which are carefully handmade.

That's why it must also take longer for you to get your order delivered, because these clubs are all manufactured after the order is placed and can only be delivered then. This can then actually take 2 months for a delivery to Australia if the merchandise mail is chosen and not the more expensive insured DHL package premium shipping. So bring a little time when you order to play more effectively.

The special aerodynamic or asymmetric racket shape can be adapted to our body and our individual movement towards the ball with the mcp system so that the player not only gets the feeling that particularly thick playing woods have a very large sweet spot, but the arm and shoulder joints are noticeably relieved when playing.

Especially the introduction of the new plastic balls is a gain for the physical meaning of "re-impact rackets" in the special technique application, because I can play these rackets with quite natural physical processes. I actually only have to adjust the height of the balls by opening or closing movements of the racket itself, similar to playing rubbers, so that the ball reaches the right flight height to avoid starving before it reaches the net. This takes a little practice because the angle of play can be very demanding with balls played very flat in order to be able to play back at this good flight height. You will notice that the balls are always reproducible, especially with the Chevanti, for example, in the fast topspin game, to name one focal point.

The special play rubbers of many good manufacturers also optimise the play effects of the "re-impact rackets" here. However, maximally thick play rubbers are not at all suitable for "re-impact rackets", but are usually only very good to use up to 2.1 mm, because the contact effect of the ball must also be felt on the racket on. This is the only way to feel the special playing characteristics of the blade and the surface in order to play table tennis successfully and effectively.

Strangely enough, with the model type "Chevanti(S)" or "Chevalier", the spin becomes much stronger the faster the ball can be played at stroke spin.

However, the most important prerequisite should always be that playing table tennis should always be fun. Only then can I go home after playing with a whistle on my lips.

Here are the particular physical quantities that may also be associated with "re-impact rackets" among other physical effects. Another factor, for example, is the special physical doctrine of heat in unequal bodies. The smaller the bodies are arranged, the more effective the heat storage. The larger the spaces become, the lower the heat concentration, especially in, for example, table tennis bats.

https://www.deepl.com/translator

http://noppentest.de/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 88fdaf2cec

thanks, Achim

your recommendation. mailto://[email protected]/ http://www.re-impact.de/

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2021, 06:27 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Today I again used Chevanti with with 1.5 mm Pluto medium pip. Even though I only played against a young fellow and like 5 sets immidiately after a full session with anti on Clipper, it felt very safe and confortable. Blocks are rather easy but passive blocks are harmless. But active blocks are very good, fast and flat. The MP itself is very nice I think, some grip for attacking back spin or keeping pushes low, but still pushes are spinless and deceptive. But slow attacking/lifting when there is side spin in the ball makes the flight path very weird. And I think this blades make these weird paths even more weirds. So the blade gives good control, and it still enhance the deceptiveness at low impact. But you can also activate the balsa feeling and speed when you use higher impact. Then the BH side of this blade acts a little different, but I need more time with this combination before I can say more about that.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2021, 09:07 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
@Def-attack: could you comment on the forehand as well? I'm also interested to hear if you will test more with Glanti on backhand.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2021, 16:44 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Matt Pimple wrote:
@Def-attack: could you comment on the forehand as well? I'm also interested to hear if you will test more with Glanti on backhand.

Hi! FH is very good I think. I have a special handle, propeller version, to make me hit the ball with a more opend bat.
The FH feels very controlled at low impact and blocks are rather low and safe. Drives are easy and for some reason opponents tend to misjudge the trajectory and spin from FH side, even at low impact. I can do ok spin when serving but perhaps not as good as with my Stiga Clipper, the sam goes for pushes. But the strong side is that there are large differences in spin even caused by small varaitaions in how you hit the ball.
Looping feels very nice but you need to hit the ball more open than one might be used to. Then the ball shoots like a rocket :). I had some problems with a long trajectory, need to play more to find out about that. Could be the rubber. I use a medium hard Chineese hybrid rubber, Galaxy/Yinhe Jupiter II. Slightly tacky, medium speed, controlled.

For now I will not test any more Glantis on it. I guess something like ABS2 evo could work better than my SuperGlanti, but there may be better blades even for that anti. This chevanti is probably better for classical antis and Gorilla. And for controlled play with medium pips :).

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2021, 23:17 
Manufacturer: RE-IMPACT

Location: Lembruch Dumber lake, Diepholz, Lower Saxony, Germany
Def-attack wrote:
Matt Pimple wrote:

Looping feels very nice but you need to hit the ball more open than one might be used to. Then the ball shoots like a rocket :). I had some problems with a long trajectory, need to play more to find out about that. Could be the rubber. I use a medium hard Chineese hybrid rubber, Galaxy/Yinhe Jupiter II. Slightly tacky, medium speed, controlled.

:).

what you have written here is very important when dealing with "re-impact-rackets!" It is described totally correctly and it is all very easy to handle afterwards if you take exactly this to heart.

your recommendation. mailto://[email protected]/ http://www.re-impact.de/

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2021, 05:50 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
@Def-attack: thanks for your impressions on the FH!

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2021, 23:23 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Today I used the Chevanti with medium pips Pluto 1.5 mm for the whole training session. I must say that this blade is really great for this (and probably other) medium pip rubber. Low throw on BH on low impact makes blocking easy but it may also make BH flicks a little difficult (you need to work the blade and sponge i to the ball and use some force). Pushing over the table is easy and balls is kept low. And then, when you use more force the second gear kicks in and you have some balsa feeling and the ball shoots away like a rocket :D. Punch blocks are very good as well and you can block passive like with inverted but those blocks are not very difficult for opponent.

One thing that I think this blade really enhances, compared to other blades, is the spin reversal. Sometimes, really much spin is left on the ball after a light touch stroke or after blocking heavy topspin. Opponent pushes the ball to the net or lift it far past the table. And this pip is actually rather grippy!

Here are two sets after like one hour of practice with this setup, so still some easy mistakes.

https://youtu.be/SHH3kO3duYk

And here are two sets played after the first clip against another opponent.

https://youtu.be/IsXhKKkxbFA

About the FH of the Chevanti - it is very controlled for blocks and drives. For my style of looping it is a little difficult. Sometimes loops go high and long, especially counters. It is fifferent from my other blades so I need more time to work with it. Also, I am not all comfortable with my propeller handle. It is designed to get me to opend my bat more and keeps my grip a little further away from the blade (away from the rubbers) compared to what I am used to. I think I need to use more sanding on it to make it feel more safe. Or I should just work with it for a few weeks (but I am not sure I will stay with medium pips and/or this blade for that long...).

Feel free to ask or comment!

Stay safe!

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2021, 03:54 

To see people play table tennis in a gym let me feel melancholic. In Germany all gyms are closed since October. In which country are you playing? As for the Pluto: I found it very ungrippy and actually the most ungrippy covering I used until now (but I have never tried an anti jet). As the original sponge is very heavy I glued a separate one. My options on spinless balls were too limited so I did not play it for long but strokes against heavy spin are great with Pluto, I was able to shoot almost everything. So if you find Pluto to be rather grippy could this be due to the blade?

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2021, 04:52 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

TroubleMaker wrote:
To see people play table tennis in a gym let me feel melancholic. In Germany all gyms are closed since October. In which country are you playing? As for the Pluto: I found it very ungrippy and actually the most ungrippy covering I used until now (but I have never tried an anti jet). As the original sponge is very heavy I glued a separate one. My options on spinless balls were too limited so I did not play it for long but strokes against heavy spin are great with Pluto, I was able to shoot almost everything. So if you find Pluto to be rather grippy could this be due to the blade?

I am in Sweden. We are a large club who do not rent the gym from our muicipality, but from a private company like most other clubs here do. So most clubs are shut down a few more weeks.

Pluto is a lot more grippy than say Flashback and Aggressor. Perhaps it gets more grippy with this blade but I found it similar on my Clipper as well. But they changed the formula several years ago when it was banned for awile (if I remember correct).

For more on Pluto you should look at this review: https://youtu.be/PBOSUEtIGUY

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2021, 05:26 

Short update: I turned my Chevanti around, using the original FH as BH with Trouble Maker ox and the original BH as FH with Wyvern 1.8. This seems to suit me better. The new BH is probably too fast for my current skills but as the control is really extremely high I think that I can manage with some more training. And as there is almost no catapult on this side I can play ox again. The catapult of the new FH (which is the original BH) does not bother me at all with the SP and sponge. In fact I like it as the feeling is more "lively".

Like Def-attack I also got this twisted handle called "Schiffschraube" which means "ship propeller". I got a modified version suitable for twiddling so playing the blade the other way round is no problem. Next to the slightly more open blade which helps playing more directly the main advantage for me is that I do not need to change my grip of the handle actively between FH- and BH-strokes. My hand just slips automatically a few millimetre into the right position. As I am playing close to the table I often have to react very fast so this is a big benefit.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2021, 21:18 

Blade: DR Neubauer Matador
FH: Dignics 09C 2,1mm
BH: ABS 2 2,5mm
Hello Everyone, i am also an amateur tt player, i am playing since 1 year ago, in first 3 months i used long pips on my backhand, after some time watching Luka Mladenovic, Jamila Laurenti gave me brave to use antispin. After i changed my backhand to antispin, i started to win games. My first antispin blade was DR Neubauer Matador, and ABS 2 Backhand. Very good control and feeling, blocks are enough low, if you have skills.
After i know re-impact and chevanti, i ordered Chevanti from Achim Rendler.. From start of January, i started to train everyday 3 hours with Chevanti. My Game about forehand is good and improved a lot with Chevanti. But the problem is i still win same players more easy, i still lose to same players.. the main problem is backhand, like always... i won all points nearly all points with my forehand.
Reasons: with chevanti, abs 2 soft 2,5mm backhand is really shame... and very bad. So if you have chevanti never buy 2,5mm abs soft. It does not match goodm you can not play low balls
All balls and blocks will stay very high EVEN WITHOUT SPIN REVERSAL. IN MY LEAGUE PLAYERS ARE NOT SKILLED AND THEY ARE ATTACKING TO ME WITHOUT PROBLEM, BECAUSE THERE ARE NOT SPIN REVERSAL AT ALL. BACKHAND IS PROBLEM AND VERY BAD.

IS THERE SOMEONE WHO CAN OFFER ME ANY ANTISPIN RUBBER WHICH MATCHES WELL WITH CHEVANTI ?? PLEASE HELP ME.