OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 20:13

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 01 May 2021, 17:50 

I'm 17 years old .. a beginner new to the game (new comer)
I loved table tennis very much ... It's the best game I've played in my life
I will spend the rest of my life practicing & learning it :l:

But I need some advice about equipment because I am so confused
this will be my first setup

I want to develop a defensive playstyle (long pips) .. chops .. Pushes + develop my forehand spins as well
after a lot of searching.. I decided to these 2 blades

Btf Diode V ...Victas Koji Matsushita

what will be better for me?
or maybe someone wants to recommend me something else

and for the rubbers, i will go for

- Yasaka Mark V .. 1.9m
- TSP Curl P4 .. 0.5m

Is my choice correct?
wait for your tips brothers

best regards

PostPosted: 01 May 2021, 19:49 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Welcome to this wonderful sport!
I would advice you to start with a less specialized blade and also a less expensive. Go with a Stiga Allround Classic. That is a fantastic blade and it works great with long pimples as well. And it will help you earn and perform all strokes you will need.

Mark V is a great rubber for the game you are looking for so go with that.

If you want a cheap allround pip Friendship 755 is good. You can do anything with that. Sauer & Tröger Easy P is probably also a very good start, a very safe pimple that will help you. There are many other pimples that could work great.

If you want a pimple with more grip that is good for making spin when you push against a push, or to make back spin against very little spin, then go with the TSP Curl P4.

Other similar is BTY Feint long 3 or Stiga Vertical/Horizontal 20 (the 50 has a hard sponge). Donic Spike with soft sponge should work the same way as well.

Good luck!

PostPosted: 01 May 2021, 20:04 
Super User

Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
How do you chop: close to the table or far away?

PostPosted: 02 May 2021, 04:58 

Def-attack wrote:
I would advice you to start with a less specialized blade and also a less expensive. Go with a Stiga Allround Classic. That is a fantastic blade and it works great with long pimples as well. And it will help you earn and perform all strokes you will need.

If you want a cheap allround pip Friendship 755 is good. You can do anything with that. Sauer & Tröger Easy P is probably also a very good start, a very safe pimple that will help you. There are many other pimples that could work great.

If you want a pimple with more grip that is good for making spin when you push against a push, or to make back spin against very little spin, then go with the TSP Curl P4.

Other similar is BTY Feint long 3 or Stiga Vertical/Horizontal 20 (the 50 has a hard sponge). Donic Spike with soft sponge should work the same way as well.

Good luck!

Wow! thanks dear u gave me some diamond tips :)
u really made my day

I will take your advice to go with Stiga All Round & Yasaka Mark V
and Curl P4 for the pips ... and that because in the beginning, I was thinking that long pips depends on reversal & hitting only and do a little amount of own spin

but someday I watched a video that really surprised me ... a man playing with long pips but do pushes & top spins at a very high consistency level and on the other side perfect chops ... At that time I recognized this type of pips

This is the style that suits me ... really loved this playstyle more than anything else I ever watched
but I will use Forehand Top Spins a little more.

Finally, I want your advice on this, please

- Stiga all around doesn't have a straight handle version .. is that will be a problem ? ... because so many recommend that this help
Defenders in their games ... easy switching from fore to back & easy twidling & best for chops so what your opinion ?
for me, i feel comfortable in both so I'm confused

best regards dear
u are such a good one :l:

PostPosted: 02 May 2021, 06:04 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
piexero wrote:
Def-attack wrote:

Good luck!

Wow! thanks dear u gave me some diamond tips :)
u really made my day

I will take your advice to go with Stiga All Round & Yasaka Mark V
and Curl P4 for the pips ... and that because in the beginning, I was thinking that long pips depends on reversal & hitting only and do a little amount of own spin

but someday I watched a video that really surprised me ... a man playing with long pips but do pushes & top spins at a very high consistency level and on the other side perfect chops ... At that time I recognized this type of pips

This is the style that suits me ... really loved this playstyle more than anything else I ever watched
but I will use Forehand Top Spins a little more.

Finally, I want your advice on this, please

- Stiga all around doesn't have a straight handle version .. is that will be a problem ? ... because so many recommend that this help
Defenders in their games ... easy switching from fore to back & easy twidling & best for chops so what your opinion ?
for me, i feel comfortable in both so I'm confused

best regards dear
u are such a good one :l:
All Stiga blades comes in straight handles. You just need to find the right shop. But you can twiddle with other handles as well, no problem.

PostPosted: 02 May 2021, 15:30 
Super User

Hi,

+1 for Stiga Allround Classic- Certainly one of the best entry-level allround blades..

If you want an inexpensive defensive blade - then I would recommend Donic Defplay Senso V3. ... It's something I started-off with, when I switched to the defensive style of play . It's got a larger head-size, which could make it easier to chop with .. It has a hollow handle, which gives you a good feel, while chopping. The downside is that (depending on the rubbers you glue-on), the blade can seem head-heavy..

As for long-pips, I would highly recommend, either Yinhe Neptune, or Dawei 388D-1, in OX, or a very thin (no more than 0.5mm) sponge..

PostPosted: 02 May 2021, 22:04 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
I suggest Donier def.It is inexpensive compared to Stiga and very good for chopping. .