OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:17

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: SG Handmade Blades
PostPosted: 04 May 2021, 03:22 

Blade: SG
FH: Dynaryz ACC
BH: Dynaryz ACC
Hello,

A friend of mine is a high-end furniture maker and I recently suggested he try to make some table tennis blades. I gave him a good blade of mine to use as a template and he made a prototype from that. It was a little too heavy as he didn't have a digital scale and didn't know anything about the proper weight of a blade. I then gave him a scale, and started sharing some content from other blade makers and so he made 6 blades based on info we could find. He made 6 blades and we sold 5 of them within 2 days!

Fast forward to a month later now and he has made about 20 blades to sell. I'm a table tennis player so I'm just helping him out to sell these beauties. He is asking $115 for these all-wood blades, and I have tested some of them for him and can provide some feedback.

He has 2 basic models: a thick balsa core with a few different medial and outer plies, and a Kiri wood core with different medial and outer plies. Most of the blades are 5 ply, but there are a couple of 7 ply makes as well using the kiri core. I have had several players hit with them, and after further refinement in the shape of the flared handle I can say they are really great! Please feel free to reach out to me if you'd like to order one.

Thanks,
SG Blades