OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 21:09

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2021, 05:56 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei Fextra 7
FH: PALIO AK47 Red
BH: Dr. Neubauer K.O. Pro 1.5
Very interesting blade. I think Yinhe 437 is an upgrade to infamous Stiga Clipper Wood, at least for me.

Visually 437 has the the same 3 ply core thickness, but thicker (and reported harder) 2 top plies. I cannot tell that Yinhe has better or worse build quality and blade finishing. I had to sandpaper sharp neck and handle ages in the same spots I do with original Clipper, but did not ever need hand work for some other blades. 437's the top limba ply looks either harder selected or better polished. And it is thicker so the Yinhe blade seems less fragile then the original Stiga Clipper.

The speed of this two blades is similar. 437 may be a tiny bit faster, but not much. Deep hold at far distance I value very much in Clipper design is also similar. I have no problems to play my signature net and edge balls with 437. 437 has better control in short game. Away from the table 437 punish bad strokes that Clipper tolerate. But 437 awards good spiny strokes better.

What is different is passive play control. Clipper has better control in the sense it does not penalize bad strokes (or in other words does not award good strokes). Clipper allows to succeed in passive strokes (soft blocks, soft pushes, volley balls) easier.

Yinhe 437 allows to play drop shots shorter, lift backspin balls better with higher arc and the blade squeeze more backspin from good chops. Stiga Clipper is the most flat (spinless) play professional blade I have ever meet. But I cannot say that Yinhe is more spin sensitive. Yinhe 437 awards spiny strokes better, but it does not make them more difficult. Nor 437 makes flat hits harder. I even think that Yinhe 437 counter incoming spin better with active stroke.

Both Yinhe (437 and 437S, imo the same model, only painting was different) blades I have seen in a shop weighted 90g, like my two Clippers. Two Yinhe 537 blades weighted 4-5g more, the reason I decided to skip testing them.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2021, 06:36 
Super User

Small correction after playing rated games against unknown opponents. 437 is definitely faster then Clipper. Pushes at service receive fly longer and sometimes too long. My emergency chops are also longer unless I actively cut the ball down. Flat hit is usually better then aggressive push with 437.

And it is usually safer and effective to flick services as flip easily passes the net and drops shorter. Alternatively you can flick long with good placement control instead of aggressive pushing. All above is about playing BH with sponged pips-out rubber.

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2021, 07:52 
Super User

What is interesting for me that I cannot tell which blade has higher or lower throw.

Stiga Clipper Wood is more linear and has higher throw (in good sense of safer return) on blocks and my rather flat counter-hits. But it is more difficult to make good spiny loop with high arc. I think it is because softer blade applies less pressure to the rubber sponge workout (at least in case of my rather hard FH and BH rubbers sponges).

Yinhe 437 has lower throw on passive blocks (and flat hits), but has better ball lifting on active strokes. I do not feel 437 is more spin sensitive but you want to create your own spin every time to control the ball speed despite of the pure speed difference between two blades is not big. 437 catapult nature make it more difficult to control incoming speed close to the table.

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2021, 16:01 
Super User

How does it compare to the Sanwei Fextra ?

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2021, 09:26 
Super User

ootbs wrote:
How does it compare to the Sanwei Fextra ?

Dunno. I had a bad experience with a different Sanwei blade quality (and high price for a Chinese brand) once so I do not follow Sanwei products anymore.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2021, 14:05 
Super User

Omut wrote:
Dunno. I had a bad experience with a different Sanwei blade quality (and high price for a Chinese brand) once so I do not follow Sanwei products anymore.

oh okay .. I've face quality issues with both, Sanwei & Yinhe products .. Sanwei - With a blade, and Yinhe - with multiple rubbers...

On the other hand, I've also had some really good quality products, from both these brands..

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2021, 07:13 
Super User

I have bought and glued my latest permanent rubbers on Sanwei Fextra 7. Will create a separate topic after a play test.

A few early observations.

I started to search Yinhe 437 substitute because it is very hard or impossible to find a simple straight handle for it. Sanwei Fextra 7 is easily available with the straight handle everywhere. Yinhe 437 flared handle can be easily sanded in wide part but I cannot widen narrow part with a tennis grip tape without making the handle uncomfortably thick. I do not like the idea to look for a professional wood carpenter to change racket handle.

Sanwei Fextra 7 looks like having identical thickness of all wood pliers comparing to Yinhe 437. I cannot sure tell whether 2nd ply is limba or ayous in both blades as they are very thin and I am not sure if it really matters.

Sanwei Fextra 7 is twice cheaper then Yinhe. Unfortunately lower wood source grade is clearly visible: 1) top ply while not bad in general has a couple of knots (at least they are symmetrical at both sides). 2) Inner thick plies are build from several parts. Unless I discover a wonder during play test, Sanwei blade observable low quality will be the reason to retire this blade from my personal arsenal.

Surprisingly the Sanwei blade has comfortably sanded sharp wings -- a feature that both Stiga and Yinhe expensive blades ignore.

I did not noticed before but Stiga Clipper, Yinhe 437 and Sanwei Fextra all have different blade shape. Yinhe seems longer, Sanwei seems shorter but wider near the handle. I do not care about exact millimetres only that my cutted rubbers are not perfectly interchangeable hurt my perfectness feelings.

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2021, 03:23 

Blade: Yinhe Mercury Y-13
FH: Yinhe Mercury2 Soft red
BH: Yinhe Mars2 Medium black
Nice reviews! Could you compare Yinhe pd-437 and Stiga Clipper with DHS pg7, please?

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!