OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:48

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2021, 19:46 

Blade: Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offen
FH: Galaxy Yinhe Jupiter II H
BH: -
Player profile : Cpen user, used to be shakehand, got tired of too much blade choices, opted for Cpen because only this prevents EJing. 182 cm height, Ma Lin structure

Player play (Cpen) : Offensive right-handed FH looper/counterdriver, with TPB.
TPB is for "very left side" attacks, consisting of very aggressive TPB smash/hit and TPB Loop/Drive (Yes this is possible) and chop-block Ma Lin style stroke.
And a regular in front of body TPB is played.
Plays around wrist alot.

Player play (Shakehand) : Offensive or short push is my style. I don't like long pushing at all. I mainly play drives and loops, with loops being the more dominant. Occasionally blocking early with an active stroke.
Flicking with BH and FH is in 20% of my rallies.
Only chops on very emergency times.

I play with this blade, both SH and Cpen for 2.5 years and 1.5 years respectively
(usually I borrow someone else SH blade, so in reality SH is like 1-1.5 years)

Rubber FH SH : Yinhe Jupiter II 39
Rubber BH SH : Yinhe Moon Medium

Rubber FH Cpen : Yinhe Jupiter II 40
Rubber BH Cpen : (None, I don't want to learn RPB too early)

Blade weight for SH : 87g, 88g (I broke the first one, drop from height and big crack, ruin vibration so much)
Blade weight for Cpen : 86g

Review :

SH :
I believe the speed of this is OFF- minus a small bit.

My loops were very bad, the control was so bad I needed 6 months to get a decent loop, I was a beginner then, maybe because of my bad skill. But when I get used to it, loops are strong and can kill. (And spinny)

Drive and counterdrive is very nice as it is not very flexy, a bit stiff, but not as stiff as 7-ply clipper. It is also a medium feeling.

Blocks are very good and solid with nice speed. BH, FH flick is also fast and decently spinny. Short pushes are just OK.

Cpen :
This blade does everything I want well, however, the thickness (6.7mm) is killing me.

The Margin of error in stroke for Cpen is much worse than Shakehand, if you play too passively in strokes, the power of this is equal to a cheap thin sponge premade bat. (Sorry, very harsh)

It was very tiring and painful sometimes in wrist, but I keep fighting through it and finally changed to YEO.

Both are forte in blocking, active blocks are easy to control and consistent with great speed.

Both when hitting hard/impact hard or smashing has some vibration, I personally like it. And when you hit hard the ball is great to amazing quality in spin and speed.

In conclusion, this blade is a thick OFF- blade with Ok control, very good for blocker.

Sent from my M2102J20SG using Tapatalk