OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 03:10

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Long Pimple Blade
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2022, 04:08 
Super User

I play with grass dtech and Dignics 9c but struggling to find a blade to compliment this combination can anyone give me some suggestions please

Post subject: Re: Long Pimple Blade
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2022, 20:43 
Super User

Blade: Nittaku: Shake Defense
FH: Andro: Rasanter R48 1.7
BH: Spinlord: Leviathan 1A ox
TTnightmare wrote:
I play with grass dtech and Dignics 9c but struggling to find a blade to compliment this combination can anyone give me some suggestions please

The Nittaku Shake Defense and Re-Impact Tachi are two blades to consider. There are many positive reviews for both these blades using D'Tecs. On the Ooakshop, Haggisv states that the Tachi is a "a much talked about blade, that seems to combine optimally with Tibhar Dtecs (OX) and alike rubbers."

The below link shows a skillful ox pimple player using D'Tecs with a Nittaku Shake Defense blade.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl-B_aadZ6c

Admittedly it has been a while since I used the Re-Impact Tachi but i recall disliking it. It has a large balsa core which gives the blade a rather flat trajectory. My recollection is that the Tachi was difficult to loop with and was non linear in game play. Admittedly that was a couple of years ago and my technique has improved since. Whilst I personally don't like balsa blades, Re-Impact offer very high quality workmanship. in comparison the Nittaku Shake Defense has a medium trajectory and is easy to loop with. I currently play with a Nittaku Shake Defense with Leviathan ox and Razka Z. Razka Z is similar to 09c and pairs well with the Nittaku Shake Defense. From memory the Tachi is moderately quicker then the Nittaku Shake Defense.

If you want more speed and you like balsa blades, then get the Tachi. If you want more control and a bigger blade face with a higher arc get the Nittaku Shake Defense.

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2022, 03:19 

Rob M wrote:
Admittedly it has been a while since I used the Re-Impact Tachi but i recall disliking it. It has a large balsa core which gives the blade a rather flat trajectory.

I am currently using some blades with balsa core & carbon outer layer but I wondered if the carbon was causing the flatness of the trajectory.
Is there a list somwehere which tells you which core (or other) layer veneers create a flat trajectory & which layers the opposite (arcing trajectory)

Butterfly Keyshot (very popular 20-25 years ago, like Viscaria is now) had an Arylate outer layer but I heard it was still good for looping.

Rob M wrote:
non linear in game play. .

Non-linear ...in what way ?

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2022, 14:32 

Blade: Wakkibat Poc-Rocket 10
FH: Focus III Snipe 2.2mm
BH: Xiom Vega Europe 2mm
Denagian wrote:
Rob M wrote:
Admittedly it has been a while since I used the Re-Impact Tachi but i recall disliking it. It has a large balsa core which gives the blade a rather flat trajectory.

I am currently using some blades with balsa core & carbon outer layer but I wondered if the carbon was causing the flatness of the trajectory.
Is there a list somwehere which tells you which core (or other) layer veneers create a flat trajectory & which layers the opposite (arcing trajectory)

Butterfly Keyshot (very popular 20-25 years ago, like Viscaria is now) had an Arylate outer layer but I heard it was still good for looping.

Rob M wrote:
non linear in game play. .

Non-linear ...in what way ?

As a general rule of thumb, flexier blades tend to give you a higher arc, while stiffer blades tend to give the ball a flatter trajectory.

Flex in a blade directly relates to core thickness - the thicker the core, the stiffer the blade will be... This is generally true of all common core woods, though the degree to which any particular piece of wood will flex is also dependent on its density (the denser it is on average, the less that wood tends to flex). The type of core wood can theoretically play a part, as some woods are more flexible than others. Really however most core woods have reasonably similar properties in terms of their inherent stiffness. For more info on this subject, check out either the sticky "properties of different TT woods" thread in the Blades section of this website, or else consult http://www.wood-database.com for more info on the various stiffness/flexibility/density properties of whatever core wood you are most interested in.

Balsa is a bit of a special case amongst core woods, as it tends to be a little stiffer than other core woods in a core... but this is also due to the fact most balsa blades have thicker cores anyway - partially due to the desire to maximise the balsa effect, and partially through necessity, as balsa is generally unstable as a core material if it gets too thin (that said, even balsa will flex readily along its grain if it is cut thin enough - but the same can be said of every wood species I know of really.)

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2022, 04:25 
Super User

TTnightmare wrote:

You haven't mentioned your style of play, neither from the LP or the inverted side...

I'm surprised that other members have even made recommendation, without even knowing how you play ..

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2022, 22:11 
Super User

Close to the table. Dtechs on forehand blocks occasional chop. backhand flat hit drives ( this is my strength.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2022, 23:25 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: 729 HS Champion carbon
FH: Razka X max, black
BH: SavigaV LP 1.0 red/green
TTnightmare wrote:
Close to the table. Dtechs on forehand blocks occasional chop. backhand flat hit drives ( this is my strength.

Not sure of the blade, but your description of your play fits you forum name perfectly!

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2022, 01:16 

Dear OP (TTNightmare) You started this thread on 10th August 2022

On 31 Aug 2022, 07:05 you started another thread with same subject LOL

https://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=39375

Does not bother me. Just saying.
May be you were dissatisfied with answers you got with your first thread LOL

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2022, 01:57 

TTnightmare wrote:

You are saying you actually use Grass Dtecs for your forehand to block, and occasionally chop. and you use D09C on your backhard for flat hitting drive?

is your backhand a loopdrive? or really just a flat smash?I haven't personally tried D09C much yet, it is expensive and I don't think my skill level can take advantage of it yet. But if I understand you correct, where your backhand is "flat drive" you are not putting in a lot of topspin already.

I don't know your level. I am just trying to be frank.

But from what I read and watch on YouTube, players who really can master D09C on their backhands, especially for "flat drives" and prefer this over other rubbers, are really quite high level, say, I don't think Table Tennis Dan can master D09C on the BH, but Timo Boll and Ovtcharov can and loves it.

Or am I understanding your style incorrectly?

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2022, 05:07 

moming wrote:
TTnightmare wrote:

You are saying you actually use Grass Dtecs for your forehand to block, and occasionally chop. and you use D09C on your backhard for flat hitting drive?

is your backhand a loopdrive? or really just a flat smash?I haven't personally tried D09C much yet, it is expensive and I don't think my skill level can take advantage of it yet. But if I understand you correct, where your backhand is "flat drive" you are not putting in a lot of topspin already.

I don't know your level. I am just trying to be frank.

But from what I read and watch on YouTube, players who really can master D09C on their backhands, especially for "flat drives" and prefer this over other rubbers, are really quite high level, say, I don't think Table Tennis Dan can master D09C on the BH, but Timo Boll and Ovtcharov can and loves it.

Or am I understanding your style incorrectly?

This is what I wondered as well.
But as I pointed out he made two posts asking suggestions on same subject.
After looking at both posts carefully, I concluded he meant to say he has Dignics (not dtech....LOL) on forehand & long pips on backhand. Hey I could be wrong

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2022, 07:13 

moming wrote:
I don't think Table Tennis Dan can master D09C on the BH,

What do you mean ?
I thought TTD Dan used spinverted both sides.
Unless he switched to long pips on the backhand that I am not aware of :punch: 8)

How different is Dignics from Tenergy ? They are both antiverted rubbers in the hands of a non Pro. Not much difference. :clap:
What I mean by this is that most amateurs are not good enough to impart enough spin using Euro or Japanese rubbers like the pros can.
Sticky Chinese rubbers like Hurricane, Mercury, KTL Pro XT, are more realistic for amateurs.
I used Super Sriver for 15 years and as I never liked Sriver (not enough spin) , though Sriver & Mark V were the greatest rubbers of all time.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2022, 11:14 

Nike 9000 wrote:
moming wrote:
I don't think Table Tennis Dan can master D09C on the BH,

What do you mean ?
I thought TTD Dan used spinverted both sides.
Unless he switched to long pips on the backhand that I am not aware of :punch: 8)

How different is Dignics from Tenergy ? They are both antiverted rubbers in the hands of a non Pro. Not much difference. :clap:
What I mean by this is that most amateurs are not good enough to impart enough spin using Euro or Japanese rubbers like the pros can.
Sticky Chinese rubbers like Hurricane, Mercury, KTL Pro XT, are more realistic for amateurs.
I used Super Sriver for 15 years and as I never liked Sriver (not enough spin) , though Sriver & Mark V were the greatest rubbers of all time.

I am only basing my replies on what was actually written by TTNightmare, and not assuming he made a typo until he says so. And no, of course TTD's Dan does not play LP, but I was only referring to the D09C part

And about how D09C is, here is their "non-Pro" review comparing it to H3

Here is a semi-Pro review with Ovtcharov (semi-Pro becasuse Dimitrij is a Pro, and Dan is not an ITTF Pro touring player) comparing it with T05

And here is a 100% Pro review by Timo Boll but some may say he will say all this because is sponsored by BTW since the beginning of time.

However, Timo made a review about T19, and it's obvious he didn't like it but for players who are developing their game actually T19 sounds good even according to Timo.