OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 18:28

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2022, 00:42 

haggisv wrote:
very fast blades with a hard outer ply.

What frames like this you recommended for me please ?
Thanks

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2022, 00:47 

Def-attack wrote:
With long pips you should look for short dwell time and low arc, stiff and hard. .

I did not know hard blades with short dwell time give maximum spinny reversal :( :'(
Thank you for this crucial data.

Please recommend some Butterfly or Stiga frames for me please

Last edited by 98daven on 17 Dec 2023, 11:00, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2022, 00:58 

Stiga quality is improving but still not close to its peak from the 80’s. I would lean toward their all wood offerings for best bang for buck.

I don’t think Butterfly align their current R&D expenditure toward low dwell / low arc. They cater toward loopers high arc / more dwell which make them the most money. Case in point: there’s minimal marketing of their sponsored defensive players.

If I were to recommend:

From Stiga:
Stiffened up Clipper Wood - Clipper Rosewood CRW or Clipper CC.
Ebenholz could be a great punt as loopers seem to hate it citing its lack of dwell and low arc compared to Rosewood. I would suspect it’s quite niche, either love it or hate it kind of blade.
From the newer releases a safe bet would be something from Nostalgic series. It’s good their naming convention is dumbed down if you newer to this sport.

From Butterfly:
Something using their older tech Tamca 5000 laminate if you can handle genuine OFF+ speed.
Boll or ZJK T5000, nothing else comes to mind that would be worth paying the premium for your style.

Only because I’m not willing to drop the cash to own it: Nittaku Goriki. From its specs it looks like it would have amazing reversal capabilities.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2022, 16:44 
Super User

Blade: Nblades 1 ply hinoki
FH: Rallys Redmonkey
BH: Slick antispin
I'm not sure about Goriki. I own 3 of those, the Danshi version (more thickness therefore more rigidity). Yes it has 7 walnut plies so it's a hard blade but it's very thin ! Only 4.9 or 5mm thickness for the Danshi version. It has a lot of flexibilty which isn't very good for spin reversal, at least with glanti. This blade is for Ox lp. High dampening properties, direct touch, low throw and the flexibilty allows you to put a lot of backspin when chopblocking.

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2022, 22:42 

ZFT wrote:
Stiga quality is improving but still not close to its peak from the 80’s. I would lean toward their all wood offerings for best bang for buck.

I don’t think Butterfly align their current R&D expenditure toward low dwell / low arc. They cater toward loopers high arc / more dwell which make them the most money. Case in point: there’s minimal marketing of their sponsored defensive players.

If I were to recommend:

From Stiga:
Ebenholz could be a great punt as loopers seem to hate it citing its lack of dwell and low arc compared to Rosewood. I would suspect it’s quite niche, either love it or hate it kind of blade.
From the newer releases a safe bet would be something from Nostalgic series. It’s good their naming convention is dumbed down if you newer to this sport.

From Butterfly:
Something using their older tech Tamca 5000 laminate if you can handle genuine OFF+ speed.
Boll or ZJK T5000, nothing else comes to mind that would be worth paying the premium for your style.

Only because I’m not willing to drop the cash to own it: Nittaku Goriki. From its specs it looks like it would have amazing reversal capabilities.

So all above blades are good for chopping then ?

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2022, 22:57 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
Ping Ponger wrote:
ZFT wrote:

If I were to recommend:

From Stiga:

From Butterfly:

I've used the Avalox P700, which is pretty similar to a Clipper. I would say it's not the sort of blade that would be the first choice for a chopper - generally choppers prefer a blade with a lot of dwell, feeling, and an over-size head. However, when using a fast 7 ply blade like this, you can certainly chop, and your action can be a little shorter and more compact, and less effort is needed. If you can control it, it can actually work very well. For me I find on balance that I make fewer mistakes with a slower blade, and my analysis of my losses are that often the differences between winning and losing are shot where I was trying to place the ball, and just missing, or where I'm going for an aggressive attack, and slightly over-hit it. Generally the margin for error on those shots seems to be greater when I use a slower blade.

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2023, 20:06 
Super User

Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
Rinforzando wrote:
I'm not sure about Goriki. I own 3 of those, the Danshi version (more thickness therefore more rigidity). Yes it has 7 walnut plies so it's a hard blade but it's very thin ! Only 4.9 or 5mm thickness for the Danshi version. It has a lot of flexibilty which isn't very good for spin reversal, at least with glanti. This blade is for Ox lp. High dampening properties, direct touch, low throw and the flexibilty allows you to put a lot of backspin when chopblocking.

Flex isn't good for chop-block.

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2023, 20:07 
Super User

Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
Ping Ponger wrote:
ZFT wrote:

If I were to recommend:

From Stiga:

From Butterfly:

Chop or chop-block? both requires different blades.