OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 22:26

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2022, 05:13 

Hello All People ;)
I am wondering in your opinion and practice of course: which blades ( what kind of the wood or composite materials ) has the most reversal spin with Long Pimples?

Czopiarze - Tenis stołowy sklep - Sprzęt do tenisa stołowego | Ping Pong | Okładziny do tenisa stołowego | Deski do tenisa stołowego | Tenis stołowy | Długie czopy - Tenis stołowy | Krótkie czopy - Tenis stołowy | GEWO - Tenis stołowy | Der-Materialspezialist - Tenis stołowy | Tibhar - Tenis stołowy | Spinlord - Tenis stołowy

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2022, 18:45 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Thick balsa blades, or very fast blades with a hard outer ply.

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2022, 20:24 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Hard wood blades like the Dr Neubauer Bloodhound are good for reversal but on mine at least the low direct throw makes it hard to spin the ball on the FH. There is usually always a trade off. A club colleague is deadly with dtecs OX on a 5mm core balsa carbon blade (maybe Andro) which is controlled enough for short angled blocks but also allows fast spinny FH play. He gets a lot more control with the dtecs against fast topspin than his previous TSP 6.5 which is more bouncy.

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2022, 20:55 

Blade: SDC Viscaria
FH: Rakza Z EH max
BH: ABS 3 Spinlab Pink Sponge
I don´t play pips but anti. I use a custom blade from sdc. Innerforce alc FH with hinoki outerply and outerforce alc with koto outerply for BH.

Fh topspin is high arc and bh is still stiff and fast for revearsal

I don´t like balsa. So t has a normal core

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2022, 21:34 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
With long pips you should look for short dwell time and low arc, stiff and hard. I would guess something like Palio TCT. Problem is those blades are fast, difficult to handle with pips.

With anti it is not that easy to tell. Slowing down is important, and some carbon layers close to the outer ply kind of kills the spin reversal. Some antis works wonderful on Palio TCT, some does not.

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2022, 04:28 

haggisv wrote:
Thick balsa blades, or very fast blades with a hard outer ply.

How thick in your opinion?

Czopiarze - Tenis stołowy sklep - Sprzęt do tenisa stołowego | Ping Pong | Okładziny do tenisa stołowego | Deski do tenisa stołowego | Tenis stołowy | Długie czopy - Tenis stołowy | Krótkie czopy - Tenis stołowy | GEWO - Tenis stołowy | Der-Materialspezialist - Tenis stołowy | Tibhar - Tenis stołowy | Spinlord - Tenis stołowy

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2022, 12:38 

If you are talking theoretically. Then hard and stiff will give you the most spin reversal. Very hard top veneer, most dark woods are harder (dark by nature not, artificially stained), And with a carbon layer immediately under the top veneer, then a hard support layer like spruce under the carbon, and a thickish balsa core, (over 8mm) I would imagine this blade would give you the most spin reversal. But likely it will be difficult to play with. And the forehand will be so stiff that it feels dead.

There is always a balance. Right now I am quite happy, I have found a blade that I am loving. I can only say since they banned frictionless LP 2008. I haven't been able to properly, safely and confident block a strong loopdrive from players that are at similar level as myself. It's been 14 years! Until I found my current setup. I have tears in my eyes ;( 14 years!

I am playing with a modified version of Le Geant. The top veneer is some kind of rosewood. use Hellfire X or Grass Dtecs of course OX. If you want max reversal, Grass Dtecs. If you want a bit more playability Hellfire X. Right now, I am using the Hellfire X. But I have a hunch eventually I will end up with Grass Dtecs. Reversal will never be like frictionless, but at least the loopdrive are easily and safely returned with a low trajectory. Reversal is high enough that it messes up some players, but not most players. The ball today is less spinny too. And if the incoming loop is slowly, I can counterhit it with LP, something I can't easily do with frictionless. So you win some and you lose some

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2022, 14:58 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
moming wrote:
If you are talking theoretically. Then hard and stiff will give you the most spin reversal. Very hard top veneer, most dark woods are harder (dark by nature not, artificially stained), And with a carbon layer immediately under the top veneer, then a hard support layer like spruce under the carbon, and a thickish balsa core, (over 8mm) I would imagine this blade would give you the most spin reversal. But likely it will be difficult to play with. And the forehand will be so stiff that it feels dead.

There is always a balance. Right now I am quite happy, I have found a blade that I am loving. I can only say since they banned frictionless LP 2008. I haven't been able to properly, safely and confident block a strong loopdrive from players that are at similar level as myself. It's been 14 years! Until I found my current setup. I have tears in my eyes ;( 14 years!

I am playing with a modified version of Le Geant. The top veneer is some kind of rosewood. use Hellfire X or Grass Dtecs of course OX. If you want max reversal, Grass Dtecs. If you want a bit more playability Hellfire X. Right now, I am using the Hellfire X. But I have a hunch eventually I will end up with Grass Dtecs. Reversal will never be like frictionless, but at least the loopdrive are easily and safely returned with a low trajectory. Reversal is high enough that it messes up some players, but not most players. The ball today is less spinny too. And if the incoming loop is slowly, I can counterhit it with LP, something I can't easily do with frictionless. So you win some and you lose some
Are you using Le Géant with FH side foe BH or the "normal" way?

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2022, 15:44 

Def-attack wrote:
moming wrote:

My Le Geant is not normal. It is modified. The top veneer is now a rosewood-like wood, much harder than originally on Le Geant and the trajectory becomes lower. And Achim shifted the cork centre core more to the centre. But I play it "normal way, badge on FH.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2022, 00:50 

moming wrote:
Def-attack wrote:
moming wrote:

My Le Geant is not normal. It is modified. The top veneer is now a rosewood-like wood, much harder than originally on Le Geant and the trajectory becomes lower. And Achim shifted the cork centre core more to the centre. But I play it "normal way, badge on FH.

Can you may put original foto of the blade and your blade after modification?

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2022, 01:08 

RIght now it is glued, and I don't intend to rip off the rubbers for the next few months, you want to see it with rubbers on it?

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2022, 05:35 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Stiga Infinity VPS off.You need slow pips .

Nittaku Ludeack pairs very well with DMS Reflection 0,9

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2022, 07:35 

moming wrote:
RIght now it is glued, and I don't intend to rip off the rubbers for the next few months, you want to see it with rubbers on it?

Ok understood :-) no problem. Yes you can send with the rubbers and one photo shoot which I will see blade from the left or right side to see fornir layers.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2022, 16:41 

CzopiarzePL wrote:
moming wrote:

Ok understood :-) no problem. Yes you can send with the rubbers and one photo shoot which I will see blade from the left or right side to see fornir layers.

I started another post

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=39433

I don't think you really need to see the standard Le Geant? that can be seen on Re-impact's website

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2022, 11:37 

moming wrote:
CzopiarzePL wrote:
moming wrote:

I started another post

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=39433

I don't think you really need to see the standard Le Geant? that can be seen on Re-impact's website

I saw. Thank you for the descripton