OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 20:07

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2022, 22:08 

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Nittaku Sieger 50
BH: Donic Bluegrip S2
I usually play with Butterfly blades and tried Stiga but never liked Stiga's blades. Cybershape is so different than any Stiga blade I have ever played with. I am not talking about the shape. Handling the blade is so special, block, active block, backhand looping, placement, and all backhand strokes. There is a very special feeling when using this blade and can not understand what makes it so different from hundreds of other blades that I have tried before. I read so many reviews about it but did not find any explanation about: why and how there is a special feeling when using this blade. And no it is not an illusion, please. Any comment? The thing that I do not like in this blade: using very hard rubbers on forehand makes looping not easy at all.

Sent from my SM-A725F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2022, 23:15 

I haven't played with this before, but I felt it in the hand from borrowing someone's. I might want to take a stab at it that the centre of gravity is pushed more away from the handle? This one is probably the most obvious.

The other one is a bit wild and strange guess. When you hit a ball hard, the blade actually deforms momentarily and then spring back to it's static state, and when a egg shaped blade deforms and spring back the force that is exerted on the ball is very different from a hexagonal blade with straight edges. But this is a very wild guess.

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2022, 00:09 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
The blade is more or less the same as the one Truls used before Cybershape , the Stiga Inspira CCF:

https://revspin.net/blade/stiga-inspira-ccf.html

But the shape moves the center of gravity closer to the top of the blade, and it also changes how it flexes. This makes the blade very good for BH punches. Amongst others...

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2022, 00:49 

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Nittaku Sieger 50
BH: Donic Bluegrip S2
A comment or opinion from SDC handmade blades from Portugal would be very much appreciated in case he read this thread. Thank you all for your comments.

Sent from my SM-A725F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2023, 05:10 

Blade: Inkunzi hand made (Turkey
FH: Gewo Neoflex green
BH: Yasaka Rakza 7
I have the wooden cybershape from SDC now for quite a while.
It is excellent superior quality compared to a lot of my other blades.
I play with boosted DHS Hurricane 3 neo provincial on both sides.
Compared to the Stiga which I have tried with yasaka rakza7 soft on it. The Stiga felt bouncy and less controllable than the SDC cybershape.
Greetz and keep up the playing.