OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:21

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Galaxy Yinhe t1s
PostPosted: 27 Nov 2022, 01:10 

Blade: Yinhe v14 pro
FH: Donic Bluefire M1
BH: Dhs goldarc 8
Hi, i have heard of Galaxy Yinhe t1s, anyone have tried it and can give me a review?

Post subject: Re: Galaxy Yinhe t1s
PostPosted: 28 Nov 2022, 15:26 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000783700307.html

Can't give you a review since I've not used it (and I suspect few if any of the others have, either).

But based on the above I see that it is:

Thick - 7.4mm
Fast - OFF+
Heavy - 88g
Carbon - 2 thick layers close to the surface
Wood - surface ply kinda looks like Hinoki but I doubt it, otherwise they'd mention it
Moderately expensive - USD25 (includes shipping)
Build quality - Yinhe has excellent build quality, I'd put it up against anyone

In other words - not my kind of blade and I wouldn't be likely to buy one. Nor would it suit most players, and it certainly isn't for casual players or those rated under, say, 1800. Also unsuitable for most higher rated players (and they know better than to buy one). Then again... SOMEONE must be buying all these ultra-fast, hard to control carbon blades, since there are so many of them.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2022, 16:56 

Thanls for your reply

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2022, 10:49 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
It's very very fast, that's what I remember.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2022, 12:09 
Super User

This is probably the fastest blade on the market right now.

Initial impression is stiff and fast, but that's just the tip of the iceberg. The trampoline feel is very pronounced when hit hard.

Great for smashing, not much use for anything else.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2022, 20:49 

if we add 2 Chinese sticky rubbers to this blade, like DHS hurricane 8, or the commercial Hurricane 2 neo, will it be controllable?

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2022, 16:21 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Depends on whether you're rated 2400 or not.. :lol: (Even if you were and can control it, it doesn't mean it's ideal either..)

Iskandar

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2022, 16:34 

Why are you insisting on my rating?
So, if i am not competing or i haven't a good rating, i should play with Stiga pre-made racket 1 star??
Is it forbidden to try a fast blade for someone who's not professional?
I am searching for a low budget blade, only coz i know that it will be hard to play with, but is it a big problem if i try it?

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2022, 17:24 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

No, it's your money and you're free to buy and use whatever you want. I'm just answering the question.

If you're looking for slow rubber to put on this blade I'd suggest regular retail Hurricane 2 or Hurricane 3 rather than the boosted versions like Neo. If you want something REALLY slow, try Reactor Ckylin.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2022, 23:24 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
johny_4_84 wrote:
Why are you insisting on my rating?

Nobody is « insisting » anything. You asked whether a blade that is universally acknowledged to be very very fast would be controllable.

The answer given makes perfect sense. If you’re a very skilled player with great touch, sure, a very very fast blade may be controllable. That’s because the ability to control very fast equipment is directly proportional to your playing strength.

You are of course welcome to buy and use whatever you like. You’re only getting cautionary advice because many of us have also experimented with very fast equipment, and discovered, to nobody’s surprise, that we can’t control it.

By all means find that out yourself. What do you have to lose?

I’ll tell you what I lost. Almost 9 months of playing time. My love for the game. A lot of ranking points. My confidence as a team player. And some painful matches.

Maybe none of that applies to you. Maybe none of that matters to you. But it matters to most people, so unsurprisingly some people are trying to save you from having the same experience. You don’t need to take it as an insult, or a slight to your abilities. We’re just sharing our own experiences in the hope that they may be of some use to you.

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2022, 00:33 

i know, and i am posting on a forum coz i want to gain from your knowledge and your experience.
But i think the rating won't be a criteria for using a blade even if it's so fast. and i know if it's very fast, it requires a perfect strict form, and i am not competing, coz i don't have any table tennis club in my area, so i am just playing for fun, and i have tried before the yinhe t1 (the old version) and it was perfect for defending, i had an injury, so i use it for a training, and i didn't using it aggressively.
Now the main setup for me is Yinhe v14 pro (Donic bluefire m1 forehand, DHS Goldarc 8 on backhand), and i was planning to make a new setup for fun, and maybe if i enjoy it, i will make it my main one.
So sorry if i have got misunderstood, i know that what Iskandar say is right, but i disagree only with the rating criteria.
Thanks guys for your replies.

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2022, 01:14 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
Honestly, there probably is no harm in trying.

And I’ve ignored countless people’s advice too. Sometimes we just have to satisfy our own curiosity.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2023, 16:33 
Super User

I bought a Yinhe T11 recently.

It is very fast even extremely fast and light.

For blocking or hitting awesome as it is not very sensitive to incoming spin.

I played very well with it last week against someone much better than myself but only because I was forced into a blocking game.

Had two H3 rubbers on which definitely adds control to the blade in a very big way.

The feel of the blade is so so at best.

Returning serve and 3rd ball attack - getting the ball up and down is the single biggest drawback of this blade.

So difficult to spin or arc the ball with it so returns and 3rd ball are much more difficult.

Overall - a big no for me.

Could play well with pips and might add some reverse spin

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2023, 17:15 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

mac33 wrote:
I bought a Yinhe T11 recently.

It is very fast even extremely fast and light.

I can confirm that the (balsa core) T11 is a beast, and suspect that it is a very different beast to the T1s. I can't recall ever trying the T1s though, so I cannot comment specifically on that.

Generally speaking:
  • All the YinHe carbon blades I bought and tried extensively were "budget" blades, and all were loud. Even with dense, max thickness sponge it sounded almost like I were playing OX.
    So loud that heads would turn. Can you live with that?
  • All except the Y-4 were also very fast. Fun to play with in a friendly exchange. Useless for me in competitive play.
  • I found the blade speed very useful when training a young, effectively quadriplegic, boy ("incomplete quadriplegia" is the term, I believe). IIRC it was my T-11 he would use.

PostPosted: 15 May 2023, 00:14 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
Mac33 and Keme covered the several aspects of Yinhe T11 blade. And I think it's covered more or less the same for the T1s also.

I recently use both T1 (old version of T1s) and T11 (old version of T11s) with Yinhe Mercury 2 FH and various long pips (most recent: Yinhe 955 and Dawei 388D-2, both ox).
I think the Mercury 2 dampened much of the blade's speed so much that I don't have too much trouble in controlling/using the setup. My sparring partner sometimes even commented that my shots are not hard enough when doing drive exercises. (could also very well be due to my not so strong physical fitness/strength). Overall, all is well at the table, or behind the table, up to, say 3 meters/9 feet chopping on both sides. The T11 sure makes a loud noise, but probably due to my use of 1.2mm Mercury 2 on it. The T1 doesn't make such noise with the regular/max Mercury 2. I need to swap the rubbers to make sure, whether it's the rubber and/or the blade that causing such loud noise. It's very distracting for the person playing with me, even others at the next table often comment/ask if something is the matter. Ha! It's a conversation starter though, been commented about it by various people at three different places I went to play to.

I just bought a T1s and just arrive today. I just sealed it, and should be ready to use shortly. Why bought another one? Well, I'm a bit curious to find any difference with the old version, but mainly, because I want a lighter one. My old T1 is 93gr, it's my last one and because I didn't think I was going to use it before, I sold several lighter ones previously. The new T1s I requested below 90 and got 89gr.

Attachments:
Yinhe T11 Dawei 388D-2.jpg
Yinhe T11 Dawei 388D-2.jpg [ 149.3 KiB | Viewed 2243 times ]
Yinhe T1 955.jpg
Yinhe T1 955.jpg [ 208.32 KiB | Viewed 2243 times ]
Yinhe T11 Mercury 2.jpg
Yinhe T11 Mercury 2.jpg [ 130.74 KiB | Viewed 2243 times ]