OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:50

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2023, 05:42 

I‘m currently looking for a new Blade.
I‘m using a VKM Right now. I try to play more like a classic defender than a modern defender. I think a slow blade in about the range of the VKM suits me best.
My Backhand is an OX Long Pip, Dtecs at the moment. Not to shure if the VKM is a good OX Blade or if a slightly harder or stiffer one would do better.
Forehandrubber might be a Bty Tackiness C2 or a similar one.

My current suggestions for a blade are:

Donic Defplay V3 - might be so soft, does it fit OX?
MSP The Wall Carbon - haven‘t heared anything about that one, but it‘s description seems to fit
Spinlord Defender 2 - might be to fast? Haven‘t heard much about that one, too.

I hope someone has a good advice.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2023, 09:27 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
In general, a classic defender's blade is very slow, oversized, and pretty soft and flexible. You're almost never hitting winners - you're just getting every shot back, and wearing out the attacker with variation, placement, and persistence.

The Donic Defplay is excellent, but my personal experience, and that of a few friends, is that they're a bit fragile - easy to damage if you knock the table, and also we've had a pretty wide variation in weight and feel between new/replacement blades. That said, they're cheap, and pretty nice to use.

I don't know about the others. I'm not personally a fan of carbon for defensive blades - I would go for all wood, and over-sized. Maybe even 3 ply rather than 5.

I have a couple of defplay sensos and also tibhar defence plus blades that I am not using, so you're welcome to borrow them for the cost of the postage, if you like. Better to try something out if you can, rather than rely on people's attempts to describe them.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2023, 15:59 
Super User

Hi,

Donic Defplay Senso would be my first suggestion too.. Apart from Senso, I'd recommend..

Tibhar Cos3.. This blade offers a good deal of control..Its a fairly slow blade...Chops from mid distance, tend to be quite low..Has a taming effect on the D.tecs.. You may find it too slow, far away from the table. Best to pair with rubbers on the faster side..

Stiga Defense Pro - Works well, with inverted rubbers like Tenergy 64fx..However, on the pips side, This blade has been a mixed bag for me. I'm guessing, it due to my technique and/or the pips (Globe 979 0.5mm).. On some days, it chops like a dream, at times it feels springy, at times the ball the seems to die on the blade, and jist drops into the net. I think it'll work better with D.tecs ox.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2023, 19:48 

Thank you for the replys.

I have to mention that i used to play more like a modern defender or even like a Chopblocker at the table earlier. But when i think back to my matches with that playstyle i think i managed to win most points with passiv strokes. I plan to level up my save chop and push game and to disturb the opponent with Topspin if i feel to. Former i felt the need to play offensiv with forehand and made a lot of unforced errors. With the in general more passiv game strategy i feel more comportable.

Dtecs is what i used for the most time i guess. Also Blitzschlag is a good known rubber to me, used ist when i switched to pipes.
I think one of these two will do the job.

As i mentioned my forehand could be tackiness C2 or similar. Perhabs andro backside C? I‘m not shure if the mx-p in 1.6 could be a option, too?

Back to the origianl topic, the Blade.
If you guys suggest the Defplay V3 is a good fit with OX i think i will give it a try. The stratus powerdef by thibar is an other one that came to my mind.
I will go with the Defplay at first, i guess.

If there are any further recomendation please let me know.

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2023, 08:56 

giggel wrote:
Thank you for the replys.

I have to mention that i used to play more like a modern defender or even like a Chopblocker at the table earlier. But when i think back to my matches with that playstyle i think i managed to win most points with passiv strokes. I plan to level up my save chop and push game and to disturb the opponent with Topspin if i feel to. Former i felt the need to play offensiv with forehand and made a lot of unforced errors. With the in general more passiv game strategy i feel more comportable.

Dtecs is what i used for the most time i guess. Also Blitzschlag is a good known rubber to me, used ist when i switched to pipes.
I think one of these two will do the job.

As i mentioned my forehand could be tackiness C2 or similar. Perhabs andro backside C? I‘m not shure if the mx-p in 1.6 could be a option, too?

Back to the origianl topic, the Blade.
If you guys suggest the Defplay V3 is a good fit with OX i think i will give it a try. The stratus powerdef by thibar is an other one that came to my mind.
I will go with the Defplay at first, i guess.

If there are any further recomendation please let me know.

TSP black balsa 3.0 very good for chopping with lp ox
It has catapult effect too when you loop on FH