OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 May 2024, 22:35


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2024, 08:52 
Offline
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2018, 04:47
Posts: 1035
Has thanked: 247 times
Been thanked: 247 times
Blade: DMS The wall
FH: Globe 999 1.5
BH: Kamikaze OX
It is a pity.The new version seems to be worse. The old versions of many blades tend to be much better.There are exceptions , of course.

Before buying the new version of such and such blade I suggest checking this forum.People here help a lot with their experience.

:clap:


Top
 Profile  
 

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2024, 17:32 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 22 Feb 2017, 04:18
Posts: 713
Location: Wakefield UK
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 120 times
Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
The Spinlord defender is a really nice controlled blade for OX LP at the table, best with a light rubber on the FH as otherwise may be a bit head heavy as it is an oversized blade with light handle. I also tried recently an NSD but could not control it with OX maybe be due to the thick hinoki ply and carbon construction making it quite bouncy. Felt great in the hand with a nice large handle and not head heavy, but clearly a blade that needs acclimatization, unlike say the Spinlord which I could pick up and play OK immediately.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2024, 01:56 
Offline
Chopoleon Bonaparte
User avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2009, 07:21
Posts: 921
Location: New York, New York
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 167 times
Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
charmander defender wrote:
It is a pity.The new version seems to be worse. The old versions of many blades tend to be much better.There are exceptions , of course.

Before buying the new version of such and such blade I suggest checking this forum.People here help a lot with their experience.

:clap:


If you're referring to the NSD blade, there were actually three versions. The general consensus seems to be that the original version (which I never had a chance to try) was very good, the second version was not the best (I can confirm that), but the current version is good once again (I use the current version and love it, though I can't compare it to the original).

_________________
I. Re-Impact Tachi Plus 2019; FH: Nittaku FastArc G-1 1.4mm; BH: Saviga 77 Monster OX
II. Re-Impact Turbo; FH: Spinlord Sandwind 1.5mm; BH: DMS Kamikaze OX
III. Re-Impact Smart; FH: TSP Spinpips RED 2.1mm; BH: Dr. Neubauer Gangster OX
IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2024, 05:22 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2020, 21:31
Posts: 440
Location: Catalonia
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 46 times
Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
TraditionalTradesman wrote:
merlin el mago wrote:
I guess people recommending NSD it's to defend playing only active right?


You mean, active blocking as opposed to passive blocking? The NSD is good for both styles of blocking (keeps the ball low, with good dampening effect), but against higher-level players, you need to be able to do both with any blade. Passive blocking alone will result in balls that are too easy for good loopers/drivers to blast past you. You can also chop with the NSD, but that's not what it's ideally designed for.


I mean active play.

_________________
No more political prisoners in Catalonia.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2024, 03:27 
Offline
Chopoleon Bonaparte
User avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2009, 07:21
Posts: 921
Location: New York, New York
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 167 times
Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
merlin el mago wrote:
TraditionalTradesman wrote:
merlin el mago wrote:
I guess people recommending NSD it's to defend playing only active right?


You mean, active blocking as opposed to passive blocking? The NSD is good for both styles of blocking (keeps the ball low, with good dampening effect), but against higher-level players, you need to be able to do both with any blade. Passive blocking alone will result in balls that are too easy for good loopers/drivers to blast past you. You can also chop with the NSD, but that's not what it's ideally designed for.


I mean active play.


Well, it's really just a question of level, I guess. You can definitely play passively with the NSD, insofar as it very good for dampening and spin reversal, but the problem is that with friction pips, you're never going to get enough spin reversal with passive blocking to defeat better opponents, so you wind up having to mix it up a bit, with passive blocks, chop blocks and other kinds of blocks mixed in, and as far as how aggressively you play against pushes, again, I think it depends more on your playing psychology and your/your opponent's level than on the blade. The NSD is perfectly fine for attacking, but you can also play a very safe game with it if you want to and wait for errors. The problem is that, again, against better opponents, you're not going to get too many errors unless you force them by creating pressure and variation. Don't know if that answers your question or not, but the main point I'd make is that the NSD is very versatile and good for a control-type game, if that's what you want to play, or an active game, if you prefer that.

_________________
I. Re-Impact Tachi Plus 2019; FH: Nittaku FastArc G-1 1.4mm; BH: Saviga 77 Monster OX
II. Re-Impact Turbo; FH: Spinlord Sandwind 1.5mm; BH: DMS Kamikaze OX
III. Re-Impact Smart; FH: TSP Spinpips RED 2.1mm; BH: Dr. Neubauer Gangster OX
IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2024, 05:12 
Offline
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2018, 04:47
Posts: 1035
Has thanked: 247 times
Been thanked: 247 times
Blade: DMS The wall
FH: Globe 999 1.5
BH: Kamikaze OX
TraditionalTradesman wrote:
charmander defender wrote:
It is a pity.The new version seems to be worse. The old versions of many blades tend to be much better.There are exceptions , of course.

Before buying the new version of such and such blade I suggest checking this forum.People here help a lot with their experience.

:clap:


If you're referring to the NSD blade, there were actually three versions. The general consensus seems to be that the original version (which I never had a chance to try) was very good, the second version was not the best (I can confirm that), but the current version is good once again (I use the current version and love it, though I can't compare it to the original).


Sorry! I was referring to the second version ; was the 2018 one , right?.the one that is the poorest of the three,I mean .


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2024, 19:41 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2020, 21:31
Posts: 440
Location: Catalonia
Has thanked: 46 times
Been thanked: 46 times
Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
I own MTC and I doubt NSD will be the same or better.

_________________
No more political prisoners in Catalonia.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2024, 08:24 
Offline
Chopoleon Bonaparte
User avatar

Joined: 23 Apr 2009, 07:21
Posts: 921
Location: New York, New York
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 167 times
Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
charmander defender wrote:
TraditionalTradesman wrote:
charmander defender wrote:
It is a pity.The new version seems to be worse. The old versions of many blades tend to be much better.There are exceptions , of course.

Before buying the new version of such and such blade I suggest checking this forum.People here help a lot with their experience.

:clap:


If you're referring to the NSD blade, there were actually three versions. The general consensus seems to be that the original version (which I never had a chance to try) was very good, the second version was not the best (I can confirm that), but the current version is good once again (I use the current version and love it, though I can't compare it to the original).


Sorry! I was referring to the second version ; was the 2018 one , right?.the one that is the poorest of the three,I mean .


Yes, I think that's right.

_________________
I. Re-Impact Tachi Plus 2019; FH: Nittaku FastArc G-1 1.4mm; BH: Saviga 77 Monster OX
II. Re-Impact Turbo; FH: Spinlord Sandwind 1.5mm; BH: DMS Kamikaze OX
III. Re-Impact Smart; FH: TSP Spinpips RED 2.1mm; BH: Dr. Neubauer Gangster OX
IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2024, 05:45 
Offline
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2018, 04:47
Posts: 1035
Has thanked: 247 times
Been thanked: 247 times
Blade: DMS The wall
FH: Globe 999 1.5
BH: Kamikaze OX
The only solution I came up with was to check out on Angelica Rozeanu's blade.

Quite a juggernaut!!!.Nobody makes this kind of blades any more


Attachments:
pritzi.jpg
pritzi.jpg [ 168.11 KiB | Viewed 655 times ]
63b8004b2682c.jpg
63b8004b2682c.jpg [ 631.29 KiB | Viewed 655 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2024, 07:31 
Offline
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2018, 04:47
Posts: 1035
Has thanked: 247 times
Been thanked: 247 times
Blade: DMS The wall
FH: Globe 999 1.5
BH: Kamikaze OX
All right! let's assume you find, or get it made, a super extra large blade.

No manufacturer will make topsheets big enough for you,right?

Therefore,it is not just the problem of getting an extra large blade.

It is possible to convince LP users all over the world? yes, but with the current "panorama"......

....like shouting in the desert,IMO.......don't say you are not right , just say pretty complicated indeed


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2024, 10:55 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 19 Dec 2010, 13:20
Posts: 912
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 164 times
All seriousness aside, whilst talking BIG, beat this!

:lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2024, 20:59 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 22 Feb 2017, 04:18
Posts: 713
Location: Wakefield UK
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 120 times
Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
if you are in the UK you could try one of the Woodnut defensive blades from Custom table tennis. They will more or less make the blade size, weight and construction you want and the quality is very high.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2024, 01:58 
Offline
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2018, 04:47
Posts: 1035
Has thanked: 247 times
Been thanked: 247 times
Blade: DMS The wall
FH: Globe 999 1.5
BH: Kamikaze OX
ChasFox wrote:
if you are in the UK you could try one of the Woodnut defensive blades from Custom table tennis. They will more or less make the blade size, weight and construction you want and the quality is very high.


Very true.You can also check out their youtube channel.

The owner sounds like a nice guy,BTW.



Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2024, 22:25 
Offline
Darth Pips
Darth Pips
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jun 2007, 03:59
Posts: 4911
Location: St Francis, WI, USA
Has thanked: 170 times
Been thanked: 198 times
Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
With Cybershape it was interesting, I tried a few pips. The Grass D Tec S was not very good on that blade in my opinion. The Hellfire X was great. The Spectre was also good. All in OX.

_________________
"The greatest teacher, failure is"
USATT Rating: 1725
Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2


Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2018 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group