OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 12:56

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 15 May 2009, 06:44 
Super User

@speedplay:

i can take care of the purple part .. ;)

http://www.teessport.com/table-tennis-r ... ip-555.htm

PostPosted: 15 May 2009, 07:15 
Super User

speedplay wrote:
rokphish2 wrote:

Any way, back to the topic, I'm sure Debraj wants this thread to be dedicated to the wonderful Amultart, a 150$ copy of a 50$ blade :twisted:

hey hey hey...! :D !! has CEO of dawei ever heard of kiso hinoki :alien: ? forget about zylon...

dawei's best product so far is cole ely... he can even sell even a nylon blade competing with zylon so long it has a dawei logo on it. and he will be able to sell more of those with his knowledge and great service.

since i have both wavestone and amultart .... with due respect, wavestone is a pretty nice arylate carbon blade..mine was not better than my t-8 though.

but amultart is a different animal alltogether. it has a nice cushioned feeling in spite of the speed. what sets it apart is it's pretty slow and non-bouncy on soft touches (unlike any other speedy carbon blade) but quite buoyant in bigger faster strokes.

wavestone : amultart = ford : ferrari ...... :lol: :lol:

both will get you there... and even if ford is no match for ferrari in performance, at 1/15th the cost its still the most rational choice.

PostPosted: 15 May 2009, 08:30 
Super User

Silver wrote:
Amultart is soft.

Axis are:
X - Feel: Soft, Mid, Hard
Y - Bladespeeds: Slow, Midslow, Mid, MidFast, Fast

It's the grouping of 3 to the right of the three in the top left corner that says MAX/90/85 (these are the cypress shakehand blades).

Top one is Iolite
Middle one is Amultart
Bottom is Photino

okay i think butterfly sells the soft amultarts in japan.. and hardens them when they send them to US :lol: :lol:

"Amultart
The Amultart ZL Carbon is a hybrid of Butterfly’s industry leading Carbon Technology with our new ZL fiber. The resulting blade has great speed, but holds the ball a little longer than the normal carbon fiber making the production of heavy topspin easier.

Speed: 10.2 Control: 7.6 Feel: Hard "

http://butterflyonline.com/search.asp

PostPosted: 15 May 2009, 10:23 
I am Legend
I am Legend

butterfly usa seem to have their own idea on everything.

I also think what they call "hard" is actually just blade stiffness. I mean, fancy calling the Iolite a hard blade. That's just ridiculous.

PostPosted: 16 May 2009, 06:11 
Super User

speedplay wrote:

I'm sure Cole is great, but I prefer dealing with my local suppliers at OOAK :wink: They haven't disappointed me so far, even though I would wish they carried the Wavestone blade.

ha ha ...i was pulling your..oops... dawei's legs ..:)

speedplay wrote:

I think you are right when you compare Wavestone to a Ford and Amultart to a Ferrari, cause looking at the rally titles won, Ford are way a head of Ferrari :lol: :lol:

good one... :o

speedplay wrote:

Doubt that Dawei have heard of Kiso Hinoki, but JUIC have and I loved that Kiso Hinoki blade, but it wasn't for me, so I traded it away for a Wavestone and I'm very happy about the trade.

you got me wrong on this.. i was referring to the kiso hinoki top ply of amultart... not kiso hinoki one ply blades. In fact even though mizutani and amultart are pretty similar in construction... i feel what makes the striking differenceis a slightly thick hinoki outer ply of amultart against limba outer ply of MJ.

speedplay wrote:

Still, the Amultart sounds interesting the way you describe it, so I'm tempted to try it, but not tempted to buy it.

now now.. this time try at your own risk ... and don't hold me responsible. but yeah i am quite confident after three days of play. it is magical in its versatility without compromising an inch of power.

PostPosted: 16 May 2009, 13:53 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
debraj wrote:
pl use tenergy on it...

i got to play with a friend's amultart which is fitted with t05 on both sides...
at first didn't feel right, but few minutes into it the setup becomes better and better...
i could play my game/style with small adjustments...
but only tried it for a short 5-0 match with slightly lower level player...
for me amultart was one of those blades that didn't feel nice at first but gets better after awhile...

can't wait to try mine with my usual rubbers...

PostPosted: 16 May 2009, 14:27 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
debraj wrote:

@RebornTTEvnglist:
TRUE it costs like that .... but only if you buy naive-ly. here's a quick price gradient butterfly online- $179, my local dealer $150, presports.com-$116, i bought it slightly used from a wonderful guy in mytt - $80.

and even the best of tt equipments are not that pricey compared to other recreation sports / hobbies. photgraphy, golfing fishing, everything i find far more expensive.. and don't last lifetime like blades.

this one is worth even at $150.

You make some very good points there Debraj. Have you tried a classic Gergerly? I'm wondering how it compares with the Amultart.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 16 May 2009, 16:51 
Super User

unfortunately not.. but off late butterfly had been to some extent accurate in their claimed property values.

Gergely speed 9.9 control 6.8 OFF+ 3W/2C wt 93 thickness 6.4
Amultart speed 10.2 control 7.6 OFF+ 3W/2 ZLC wt 88 thickness 7.1

i don't see much similarity. i have played with about 15 different carbon or carbon composite blades, frankly I am myself surprised that this blade is significantly different in its level of control in spite and crisp feel at such high speed. i have played 4 times so far... and only glitch i need to take care of is a little head heaviness with max tenergy 05 on both sides.

PostPosted: 17 May 2009, 09:13 

I am also a big fan of the Amultart and I actually think it is one of the best blade out there for LPs. The Kiso Hinoki gives it the feel and touch that LP players crave. Butterfly Japan probably describe the blade as soft because of the Kiso Hinoki top layer. It is soft when compared with the top ply of say, a Primorac Carbon. Soft feeling blades tend to feel slow but not the Amultart. It has a very good first speed but the second gear is even better. An accomplished top spin player would love this blade which has been described as the closest that a muti ply blade can play like a top notch single ply Jpen Kiso Hinoki blade.

PostPosted: 19 May 2009, 03:22 
Super User

kineticexplorer wrote:
I am also a big fan of the Amultart and I actually think it is one of the best blade out there for LPs. The Kiso Hinoki gives it the feel and touch that LP players crave. Butterfly Japan probably describe the blade as soft because of the Kiso Hinoki top layer. It is soft when compared with the top ply of say, a Primorac Carbon. Soft feeling blades tend to feel slow but not the Amultart. It has a very good first speed but the second gear is even better. An accomplished top spin player would love this blade which has been described as the closest that a muti ply blade can play like a top notch single ply Jpen Kiso Hinoki blade.

may be that's a clue on why it feels less bouncy in short game... considering its OFF+ power loops.

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2009, 16:03 
Super User

Wow, my wife just bought me Butterfly Amultart ZL blade for my birthday.
I hadn't heard anything about it (but noted it cost as much as all my other blades put together!) so I did a search on oneofakindtrading forum and discovered this thread. After reading the original post, I can't wait to try it out! I want to develop my game as a two-wing looper and also concentrate on my short game (short pushes and flips) and this sounds just the ticket. Not sure if I want to go the way of Tenergy rubbers though...such expensive rubbers if you want to keep replacing them...generally what kind of rubbers suit this blade? Better to go with hard sponge + tacky or more soft catapulty sort of rubbers?

Also, has anyone else tried them out and what are your impressions?

Cheers
PK

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2009, 16:33 
I am Legend
I am Legend

I played a guy a month back using tenergy 05 on both sides of an amultart.

It was a bit fast for him.

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2009, 19:33 

Yeah i played a gut with a Mazunov and Tenergy on both sides and again it was too fast for him. got some good shots in but not enough

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2009, 19:53 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Loving the sound of the Amultart more and more. More speed than the Gergely. More control than the Gergely. Sounds like my next logical blade LOL. Twice the price of my Gergely...hmmm! It will take a while! :roll:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2009, 19:57 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

You should of asked me a year ago Reb, I sold mine for next to nothing ($50) and brand new condition, to some young bud to the Philippines :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next