OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 02:51

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 14 May 2009, 16:12 
Super User

I completed my first 5 hours in 2 seesions with new amultart, and i am pleasantly surprised.

it excels in loops, drives, hits, blocks, pushes, flicks...even lobs !!! ... am i losing it already :roll: ? everything except chops against topspin, which i don't do anyway.

it has right speed with amazing control for a fast blade.

And its so funny, that hardly any player uses Amultart due to butterfly's description as a hard blazing fast blade. people immediately concluded its a hitters blade.. and pure hitters who tried this blade said "no way" timo boll tri carbon or schlager carbon is better. and some newbies tried it reluctantly and left it when they found its slightly heavier than some of the other softer blades.

it's absolute charecter assasination of a marvelous product .. which is meant for power-loopers, close-mid distance or even away from table players (with right rubbers), superb control with great feel and correct speed. compared to this Mizutani Jun is nowhere half as versatile.

Everything 'bloody' hits the table... and power loops are just as incredible as opening loops. The short game handling is just perfect, hit a slow shot or flick and it remains slow and accurate, but power loop with it and incredible amount of spin with very decent speed kicks in.

i will want to review this blade after playing with it for a few weeks, but the first 2 days itself, it felt (and i am quoting someone) "extension of your arm" with schwarzenegger muscles. i think butterfly should have marketed it better, than throwing so much weight over Mizutani Jun blade.

haggisv, silver, lawocg, you got to try this blade. jkc: you will love it after t-4 (which i also liked). speedplay: you might want to sell your wavestone. :drunken: gluk gluk hic!! ... more tequila please ..

PostPosted: 14 May 2009, 16:21 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Thanks debraj!

I'm surpirsed you managed to contain your excitement for 2 weeks! :lol: Sounds like it does everyone you want it to do!

It's not everyday you negative remarks about Butterfly's marketing... they're master at it :wink:

PostPosted: 14 May 2009, 16:41 
I am Legend
I am Legend

??
Doesn't butterfly advertise it as a SOFT blade?

PostPosted: 14 May 2009, 16:46 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
what a coincident... i got mine recently as well... but haven't gotten around to play with it...
i got excited reading your first impression so far...

if you like i could post the photos right here.. or should i create a new thread? it won't look as good though because mine is a second hand one...

PostPosted: 14 May 2009, 16:53 
Super User

haggisv wrote:
Thanks debraj!

I'm surpirsed you managed to contain your excitement for 2 weeks! :lol: Sounds like it does everyone you want it to do!

It's not everyday you negative remarks about Butterfly's marketing... they're master at it :wink:

now look here !!! i am struggling to overcome the temptation of writing about it seriously before it sets in.... and all i get is few laughs ... :twisted: :lol: :lol:

but you caught me red-handed... yes i am always against butterfly for their marketing, prices and historically substandard products ... but look at my paddle now tenergy-amultart-tenergy :x :x

and i actually sympathized with butterfly :shock: !!!! it must be the tequila.

silver.. i am fairly certain they don't.

PostPosted: 14 May 2009, 16:58 
Super User

rokphish2 wrote:
what a coincident... i got mine recently as well... but haven't gotten around to play with it...
i got excited reading your first impression so far...

if you like i could post the photos right here.. or should i create a new thread? it won't look as good though because mine is a second hand one...

dying to see your feedback... pl use tenergy on it...

PostPosted: 14 May 2009, 17:04 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

debraj wrote:
dying to see your feedback... pl use tenergy on it...

too bad i don't have tenergy... and choose not to buy it... so far...
by the way, mine is FL 88.60 grams

PostPosted: 14 May 2009, 17:14 
I am Legend
I am Legend

Amultart is soft.

Axis are:
X - Feel: Soft, Mid, Hard
Y - Bladespeeds: Slow, Midslow, Mid, MidFast, Fast

It's the grouping of 3 to the right of the three in the top left corner that says MAX/90/85 (these are the cypress shakehand blades).

Top one is Iolite
Middle one is Amultart
Bottom is Photino

PostPosted: 14 May 2009, 17:18 
I am Legend
I am Legend

debraj wrote:
but you caught me red-handed... yes i am always against butterfly for their marketing, prices and historically substandard products ...

Hmm.

I agree with the first two, but I've only ever been disappointed with a couple of their blades. The Balsacarbo x5 and those sunflex made VSG blades.

Never had any issues with their rubbers and I've seen some pretty substandard rubbers...

PostPosted: 14 May 2009, 17:26 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Silver wrote:
Top one is Iolite
Middle one is Amultart
Bottom is Photino

Some say Wavestone is similar to Iolite... then wavestone would be similar to amultart as well, even faster a bit... hehehehe....
I don't think Speedplay is going to forsake his wavestones then... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 14 May 2009, 21:20 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Amultart costs an arm and a leg doesn't it?

Debraj makes it sound like its worth it though. Have to admit, now owning a Bty blade, there is a feel of quality about them that sets them apart.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 15 May 2009, 00:08 
Sir He-LP-alot
Sir He-LP-alot

haggisv wrote:

Exactly

Whats its composition BTW carbon/arcylate? Whats the wood?

Key problem with many blades is that the added difficulty in knowing their wood composition and thickness makes it difficult to assess how they will perform, normally the non-wood stuff is stated though. Its a key advantage of custom blade that you know exactly whats in it and if in future you need an adjustment it doesn't mean heaps of EJing.

Frictionless strokes | Attacking pip strokes | Greggy's advice | Bollsbrother | Sebastian Sauer . . . . . .

PostPosted: 15 May 2009, 02:00 
Super User

@Mathias:
amultart is 5 ply blade with hinoki top ply and zylon/carbon layers below it. as i mentioned nj is similar zylon carbon layers, but top ply is limba ... and thinner total thickness. i really couldn't like it. it feels like custom made for me ;)

jokes apart.. i don't go for custom blade since i believe joining layers is fairly hightech and requires resources which reasonable sized companies can afford.

@RebornTTEvnglist:
TRUE it costs like that .... but only if you buy naive-ly. here's a quick price gradient butterfly online- $179, my local dealer $150, presports.com-$116, i bought it slightly used from a wonderful guy in mytt - $80.

and even the best of tt equipments are not that pricey compared to other recreation sports / hobbies. photgraphy, golfing fishing, everything i find far more expensive.. and don't last lifetime like blades.

this one is worth even at $150.

PostPosted: 15 May 2009, 02:03 
Super User

rokphish2 wrote:
Silver wrote:
Top one is Iolite
Middle one is Amultart
Bottom is Photino

Some say Wavestone is similar to Iolite... then wavestone would be similar to amultart as well, even faster a bit... hehehehe....
I don't think Speedplay is going to forsake his wavestones then... :lol: :lol: :lol:

he wont... he has Obsessive Compulsive Wavestone Syndrome, .... unless he borrows someones amultart and plays with it for an hour. :wink:

plus he tried t-8 on my recommendation and didn't like that more than amultart. but with this one i am definitely optimistic.

PostPosted: 15 May 2009, 03:41 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

well, speedplay.... any blades which is less than wavestone, let me know... perhaps i could house them for you... i'm sure they'll feel much more comfortable here with me compared to having stressed out in the presence of the mighty wavestone in your house.... hehehe....