OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 02:06

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2009, 17:35 
Super User

playing with bw 2 since last 3 days and loving it more and more. accuracy of my opening FH loops have gone from 60% to 95%

pushes are far more accurate, flick s far more consistent.

spin is definitely comparable with tenergy but tenergy may be marginally higher in away from table looping rallies. but most of the opponents have problem in blocking tenergy and blue whale both.

far less a compromise for the amazing consistency and short game. i am psyched to hell on what will happen when the tuning wears out. would it still play so amazingly well? ...... the equipments i love playing with from first day, later turns out to be a mistake. and bw2 had been rocking from day 1.

on positive note amultart also i liked from day one.... and its been 4 months or so... and still i can't think of another blade which can perform everything so well in with such great accuracy. this is probably first time in 2 years i stuck to one blade more than 3 months...

i just need some time and concentration to write a proper review.

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2009, 13:54 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
good to hear that you've found something you like and can hold up for awhile... :D

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2009, 17:01 

Has anyone played YEO and Amultart? If so can you give a brief comparison? TIA I know iruiru has a straight incline (kind of like conic) Amultart cause I almost got one last year but resisted the EJ v.
Seems like I ended up spending the same amount on several other blades anyway :roll:

JRSDallas has said that the mass of his 88 vs 90+ Amultart makes noticeable difference in play, if so could a lighter one with maybe outlaw or ten 05 1.9 be a more controlled beast?

I have to say I think this is one of the nicest looking blades on the market and wish there were more high res photos here. Someone needs to let Silver borrow one of these and let him take some shots! :lol:

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2009, 12:46 

There is a difference in power between my 91 gram Amultart and my 88 gram, and while
I have superb feel and great power with the 88 gram blade, the 91 gram blade is simply
stiffer than my 88 gram and much more powerful. The increase in power is due both
to the increased mass and the increased stiffness.

I played with it tonight with T25 2.1mm on FH and BH against a 2300+ player/coach who
was getting ready for the US Open. The balls we were counter spinning off the bounce were
gripping the table like refrigerator magnets because of the topspin and the speed was faster
than stroke recovery allowed. Any failure to just take over the ball and commit made the ball
miss the end by a foot and still be rising.

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2009, 18:49 

I know it is advertised as a fast blade, and I am wondering HOW fast and compared to what? Is their a minimum rating you should have before trying this blade out? What type of rubbers will work on this blade? Why is it SO expensive relative to other blades? Lastly, how does it compare to Maze, YEO, Primorac and or Korbel? (common blades I have played with) If you are not a highly rated player could you use thinner sponge and still generate spin with a decent stroke while you get used to the speed of the blade? So you know, I am using YEO 87g with Gamber 2.2 both sides and it is just a tiny bit too fast for me... getting more and more control as I get used to it.

PostPosted: 08 Jul 2009, 19:19 
Super User

apowerful maze with more speed and significantly more control

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2009, 20:25 

debraj wrote:
apowerful maze with more speed and significantly more control

@debraj, Can you explain significantly more control than Maze..?? I have played with Maze for quite a while and I also tried one of my friend's Amultart with T05 on both sides. I found that my maze was having more control with same rubbers than Amultart. Hence, I will like to know about this control issue. Thanks.

B/H : Tibhar Genius Max
Alternate Setup
Blade : Butterfly Michael Maze ALC FL
Rubbers: F/H : DHS TG3 Neo 2.1
B/H : Haifu Shark II Red Sponge 2.1

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2009, 13:03 
Super User

I have amultart that used to be used by my little daughter. She likes it because the colour is pink. :alien:

Now, I have made her to switch to Mizutani, because I think now the amultart is still too fast for her.

And now, the amultart is laying naked in the cupboard.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2009, 03:54 

I just gave the amultart blade a try with tenergy05 on both sides. After 3 weeks of consistent playing, I had to put it down and go back to my old blade(Michael Maze). I just couldnt get any good feel with the amultart. My loops were definitely a little faster but my overall control suffered a lot. I assume I am probably not a good enough player to handle that type of speed or maybe its just not for my style of play.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2009, 08:00 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Welcome to the forum naijachief!

Yes I think it's often just a matter of style or preference... I've tried combinations that should be perfect for my style, and I hated it! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2010, 16:23 
Super User

debraj wrote:
unfortunately not.. but off late butterfly had been to some extent accurate in their claimed property values.

Gergely speed 9.9 control 6.8 OFF+ 3W/2C wt 93 thickness 6.4
Amultart speed 10.2 control 7.6 OFF+ 3W/2 ZLC wt 88 thickness 7.1

i don't see much similarity. i have played with about 15 different carbon or carbon composite blades, frankly I am myself surprised that this blade is significantly different in its level of control in spite and crisp feel at such high speed. i have played 4 times so far... and only glitch i need to take care of is a little head heaviness with max tenergy 05 on both sides.

how would you compare wavestone to p700or a clipper ?

PostPosted: 28 May 2023, 05:30 

Blade: Amultart
FH: Tenergy 25 FX
BH: Tenergy 25 FX
I know that this Amultart thread is really very old, but it's still quite relevant. I'm returning to table tennis after almost 20 years. I had a Pulser (hinoki-arylate-kiri-arylate-hinoki, 8.1 mm thick) blade that I recently put on Tenergy 05 FX on both sides. I couldn't control the ball very well, probably because my skills are rusty. So I got a current blade that's almost the same as Pulser, the Amultart, though the Amultart's hinoki top ply is much thicker, and the Amultart has ZLC. I put on Tenergy 25 FX on both sides of the Amultart. I have to say that I like this pairing quite a lot. I can feel the ball more when it hits the Amultart racket (probably because of the thicker hinoki top ply) than with the Pulser racket. Someone also said (from elsewhere on other Internet table tennis forums) that the wider pips on the Tenergy 25 FX gives it a crisper feel than the Tenergy 05 FX. Beyond feel, I find my intermediate skills better matched with this Amultart-and-Tenergy-25-FX pairing in terms of serving, pushes and topspin drives. I can modulate the ball really well to make it go slow or go fast, both with good spin.

I got the below specs from https://www.masatenisi.org/english/specbbtrlfl.htm

Blade Class Speed Control Thick Feel Ply Weight
Pulser OFF+ 9.5 7.2 8.1 Hard 3W/2A 89
Photino OFF+ 9.4 8 8.0 Medium 3W/2Z 90
Primo-Carbon OFF+ 9.5 6.7 7.0 Hard 3W/2C 95
Amultart OFF+ 10.2 7.6 7.1 Hard 3W/2ZLC 86