OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:38

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: DONIC BlueGrip V1 R1
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2019, 10:48 
Chop the Ball not the Beard!

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: hybrid k1 euro
BH: Curl p1r 1.0
There are 2 new rubers from Donic.

BlueGrip V1 and BlueGrip R1

Product information "DONIC BlueGrip V1"

DONIC BlueGrip
THE ROTATION FIGHTBACK!
DONIC presents an exciting innovation: The answer to the plastic ball loss of rotation conundrum!
BlueGrip is the first rubber sheet which has a Chinese style sticky top sheet in combination with a blue sponge with inbuilt speed glue effect. BlueGrip combines the best of two worlds – and made in Germany.
Our product developers were set the challenge: How is it possible to compensate for the loss of rotation which the plastic ball has cause without losing the speed and dynamism of rubber sheets with inbuilt speed glue effect? The result is the BlueGrip. Our answer to the plastic ball is available in two versions.

BlueGrip V1
The DONIC BlueGrip V1 has a sticky, Chinese style top sheet in combination with a catapult effect blue sponge.
Especially recommended for topspin players who prefer to attack with the forehand. Thanks to its sticky surface the BlueGrip V1 is also suitable for combination bat and defensive players who occasionally like to attack with counter top spins from half-distance.
The BlueGrip V1 follows the Chinese trend: Success in style!
Sponge thickness: 2.0 / max
Colours: red/black
Surface: sticky elastic
Sponge hardness: hard
Control: 6
Speed: 10
Spin: 11+
Category: OFF-/OFF/OFF+

Product information "DONIC BlueGrip R1"

DONIC BlueGrip
THE ROTATION FIGHTBACK!
DONIC presents an exciting innovation: The answer to the plastic ball loss of rotation conundrum!
BlueGrip is the first rubber sheet which has a Chinese style sticky top sheet in combination with a blue sponge with inbuilt speed glue effect. BlueGrip combines the best of two worlds – and made in Germany.
Our product developers were set the challenge: How is it possible to compensate for the loss of rotation which the plastic ball has cause without losing the speed and dynamism of rubber sheets with inbuilt speed glue effect? The result is the BlueGrip. Our answer to the plastic ball is available in two versions.

BlueGrip R1
An extremely grippy top sheet combined with a blue, fine-pored sponge which guarantees a powerful catapult effect. A rubber sheet that perfectly supports an attacking game from both sides. The DONIC BlueGrip R1 has a slightly softer feel and helps to compensate for the loss of spin that the plastic ball has entailed.
The longer dwell time when hitting the ball results in significantly more rotation on serves and returns. All that made in Germany!
The BlueGrip R1 – back to the future! Table tennis as it used to be thanks to tomorrow’s technology.
Sponge thickness: 2.0 / max
Surface: sticky elastic
Sponge hardness: hard
Colours: red/black
Control: 6
Speed: 10+
Spin: 11
Category: OFF-/OFF/OFF+

Post subject: Re: DONIC BlueGrip V1 R1
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2019, 10:51 

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: hybrid k1 euro
BH: Curl p1r 1.0
Donic Has a chinese hybrid too.
I cant really tell whats is diferent in those 2 versions by the description

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2019, 12:01 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Sounds good, my kind of rubber! :rock:

Don't now if they're going to be much different from the Joola Golden Tango PS or the Tibhar Hybrid K1, which also have a sticky topsheet and a Tensor sponge. We'll have to wait and see.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2019, 02:05 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Haven't we seen this years before, in Palio Thor's? (No one ever talks about Thor's or that other one.. what was it called now.. Macro Era.. any more..)

Also.. doesn't Rasanter also have "V" and "R" versions? Maybe it means the same thing here, too.. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2019, 05:35 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
iskandar taib wrote:
Haven't we seen this years before, in Palio Thor's? (No one ever talks about Thor's or that other one.. what was it called now.. Macro Era.. any more..)

Also.. doesn't Rasanter also have "V" and "R" versions? Maybe it means the same thing here, too.. :lol:

Iskandar

There are quite a few hybrid rubbers out now. I think the victas 401 fits in there, as it's a mix of the styles. Same with spin art and golden tango. They work well for me, so in time I'll probably give the donic rubbers a shot. Though I have a hard time giving up the 401, maybe if something could play the same with a reduced weight

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2019, 07:53 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Yeah, it's an OLD idea. A very OLD idea. Advertising copy being what it is, though, they're making it out to be something they just invented.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2019, 09:01 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
in the right hands, Palio Thors was a formidable rubber. Nasty, low, flat ball path with unexpected kick. But one needed a powerful stroke to get any benefit from it, as I recall.

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2019, 22:08 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
I used to play with both the Palio Thor's and Macro ERA. They could give a wicked amount of spin. Eventually I found the sponge to be too hard for my liking, I didn't have enough control. Eventually I settled on Xiom Omega V Asia, which I liked a lot. This year I've been trying out short pips on my forehand, which I now think I'm going to abandon, so I ordered a sheet of the V1 of this rubber to try out. I'm also giving a try to H3 Neo and Evolution MX-P. Prior to the short pips experiment I tried the Nittaku Fastarc G-1 and really liked that quite a bit, it will be fun to get back into inverted rubbers on my forehand and trying some of these.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2019, 05:27 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
I have been using the V1 version in max for two sessions. Rather secure, a little hard and dead, not very sticky but with good spin and ok speed. The R version is a little softer and more euro feeling, very similar to Yasaka Rising Dragon. The top sheets are very similar but the sponge on the V version is more dense and harder.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!