OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 19:01

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2020, 02:40 
Super User

Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
What about the other questions?

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2020, 03:03 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Only Haggis would know.. :lol: Have you read the two reviews he posted yet?

One thing that really gives me pause.. 79 grams is bloody heavy. Especially if these are the same sheet size as other ESN rubbers (and not larger like Japanese or Evolution rubbers). I don't think that one extra-heavy sheet of Whale I came across was that heavy. Nor was that ultra-porky sheet of 2008XP.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2020, 03:22 
Super User

Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
Yes I read the reviews he posted. I'm waiting his answer to mine doubts.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2020, 07:51 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
iskandar taib wrote:
My guess is these are a lot faster than Fastarc G-1, since NOTHING is faster than Tenergy 05 other than Bryce Speed, but these are.. :lol:

Not sure if you're serious or not, but there's lots of rubbers faster than Tenergy 05.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2020, 07:54 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

merlin el mago wrote:
How Hyper compared vs Fastarc G-1:

-More or less spin?
-More or less grip?
-Low or high arc?
-More or less speed?

I can't compare to G1, since I've not used it.

The arc depends on your stroke. If you've got more of a brush loop stroke like me, the arc (throw) feels high, if you've got more of euro style loop, the arc will feel lower. It definitely feels higher than MX-P. I suspect the rubber is faster than G1, since it feels faster than MX-P.

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2020, 02:36 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Just came across this:

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=36484

The video posted there, is, unfortunately, in German without English subtitles.

Given that Vega X is half the price of Omega VII Hyper, and has a more normal sponge, maybe I should try that. Then again according to the review it's got a "lower throw", so maybe it's not going to test my abilities to use it, which is really my only reason to try new "expensive" rubbers. (I found Rasant Turbo and MX-P perfectly usable and easy to use.)

Iskandar

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2020, 07:30 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Table tennis daily have just posted a video review on Vega X.

Really liked it for control but not fast enough for high level attacking players

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2020, 09:28 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

It's clearly blade dependent (and technique), because the blade I tried it on (and several others at my club tried it too), it was clearly faster than mx-p.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2020, 21:01 

I bought Vege X and after two trainings I started to do bubble's. Is it normal? I have never had such a problem with Vega ProImage

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2020, 09:47 

Blade: Thibar Dynamic J7
FH: Spinlord Degu max
BH: Donic Bluefire M3 max
Gzubik wrote:
I bought Vege X and after two trainings I started to do bubble's. Is it normal? I have never had such a problem with Vega Pro
That is not normal. I've been playing with my sheet for quite some time now and it still looks great with no bubbles at all.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2020, 01:36 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

ChasFox wrote:
Table tennis daily have just posted a video review on Vega X.

Really liked it for control but not fast enough for high level attacking players

Hmm... Given what people have been posting here, it's supposedly faster than, say, MX-P and Tenergy 05, which means most of the top pros actually use rubber that's slower than Vega X. My experience with MX-P and Tenergy 05 (and Rasant and Rasant Turbo) is that they're not so fast that I can't control them (and I am by no means a high level player). On the other hand if I stuck them on fast carbon blades I probably would have trouble.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 02 May 2020, 04:42 
Super User

Blade: Timo Boll Spirit
FH: H3 neo 40 Degrees
BH: Tenergy 05
after seeing the price of vega x, i ordered one in red for bh testing, considering that i like xiom omega 4 and the price is about the same locally, i pm yogi bear on his opinion , and he said the vega x is more durable hence me making the plunge and might as well give it a try. (ones i tried are vega pro max, bot times the rubber is durable , consistent performance after ungluing and regluing, vega asia df 2.0- this one suck a bit in terms of durability, the rubber separated after 2nd reglue, the only other rubber separated before on me is yasaka rising dragon - only because i was speed gluing back then)

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2020, 17:06 
Super User

Blade: Timo Boll Spirit
FH: H3 neo 40 Degrees
BH: Tenergy 05
Short review of vega x on backhand, i have two butterfly alc blade to compare, one with tenergy, one with xiom vega x,both red on the bh side.

Fresh out of package, it is bouncy, fast to the touch. getting used to it is not that hard, as i've played with a lot of xiom rubbers before on backhand.

Dwell time is very short, shortest out of xiom 4 series, and vega pro, vega asia df.

Speed doesn't differ so much with t05, but the bounce and dwell makes it harder to perform a good bh flick.

Blocking is superior on this as it gives good ball back to the opponents sharp trajectory.

After a month or two , the rubber breaks in , and by this point, it is so nice to play with ( more dwell ) and less bouncy, t05 is still superior in the feel , as the dwelly
feel of the ball on the rubber lets u load a ton of spin. While vega x is more sharper , crispy and precise. Both in same stroke dont differ much in results , just the feeling wise contrasts in that way.

The sponge is wayyyyyy better than my oxiom vegas and omega 4 prior, i have reglue it four times now, and removing the previous wbg on it doesnt peel it off as it tends to the other carbo sponge before this. And the sponge just seem like new no dulling etc, even the rubber surface as well.