OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:25

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Rubbers from Aliexpress
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2021, 09:56 

Have anybody tried buying cheap rubbers from Aliexpress? I have bought 4, and they are all pretty cool and fantastic for the price.

Yinhe Big Dipper is about $15, semi-tacky topsheet with a hard, tuned, blue sponge. Love this rubber. I liked it more than the Hurricane 3 with J-Nittaku sponge.

Palio AK47 is about $9-$10, grippy, medium hard, bouncy sponge. I like this as a backhand rubber. I think its a great substitute for more expensive Japanese style rubbers. I think this is also very similar to the former Dawei Inspirit rubber.

Reactor Tornado V5 is $7. Like a cheaper version of Big Dipper. Slightly tacky topsheet, hard sponge. I put it on the forehand side and its great for the price.

Rxton Loki 1 is $5. Cheapest quality rubber I have ever seen. Slightly tacky (basically just grippy but it does stick for a moment if you fold the rubber and stick it to itself) topsheet, hard red sponge. I use this on the backhand side.

Anybody else have experiences?

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2021, 00:24 

Blade: Donic defplay senso v3
I got the palio ak47 blue and yellow ones and they are horrible, the grip is very bad. I'm now using a nittaku fastarc g1 and the grip is also not ouststanding. The hidden gem with the best grip was the globe 999 rubber.

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2021, 01:30 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

nice rubbers. Bon appetite to you.

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2021, 02:13 

Blade: Yinhe N9s cPen
FH: Yinhe Mercury 2 hard
BH: DHS Skyline 3-60
zhuangcorp wrote:
Have anybody tried buying cheap rubbers from Aliexpress? I have bought 4, and they are all pretty cool and fantastic for the price.

Yinhe Big Dipper is about $15, semi-tacky topsheet with a hard, tuned, blue sponge. Love this rubber. I liked it more than the Hurricane 3 with J-Nittaku sponge.

Palio AK47 is about $9-$10, grippy, medium hard, bouncy sponge. I like this as a backhand rubber. I think its a great substitute for more expensive Japanese style rubbers. I think this is also very similar to the former Dawei Inspirit rubber.

Reactor Tornado V5 is $7. Like a cheaper version of Big Dipper. Slightly tacky topsheet, hard sponge. I put it on the forehand side and its great for the price.

Rxton Loki 1 is $5. Cheapest quality rubber I have ever seen. Slightly tacky (basically just grippy but it does stick for a moment if you fold the rubber and stick it to itself) topsheet, hard red sponge. I use this on the backhand side.

Anybody else have experiences?
I've tried all of the mentioned, except the Tornado V5 which is now on my post office so it will be tried soon.

Also tried

- Yinhe Mercury2 - tacky and bouncy
- Kokutaku 868 - when boosted this rubber is really amazing
- Reactor Corbor - very tacky, not so hard, not so spinny, slow but with a very deceptive trajectory, really low throw angle. Even when boosted the rubber feels dead, it's difficult to produce heavy spinny serves but awesome for no spin serves. However, you can place the balls on the table easily and even produce really powerful loops with full swing and power from the ground.
- Reactor Corbor Pro - currently on my main setup - almost the same rubber as Reactor Corbor but a bit more bouncy and spinny, i really like it
- Palio Hadou 40+, used on my RPB, not tacky at all, very grippy, hard springy blue sponge, has the feeling of 1st generation tensor rubbers, very spinny and good spin
- Huieson Hurricane Storm and Sunflex Razer - i think these rubber are the same rubber as Reactor Corbor Pro but with another logo
- Friendship 729 Bloom Power - awesome rubber for forehand, really fast and very tacky, has a very low throw angle so it's very difficult to use at the beginning when you always need to hit the ball upward
-729 Cross Bluesponge, almost the same as 729 Bloom Power but slower and less spinny, I think it's topsheet is thicker as it's a training rubber
- Boer Sriver HE, ordered it for fun, as it's the cheapest rubber sometimes, really impressive rubber for it's price. It looks awful but it's fast and grippy, like a classic euro rubber, not tacky but it has some sort of tacky feeling
- DHS Skyline 3-60, really soft rubber with cake sponge, very tacky topsheet, very easy to use
- Loki RXTON 1 - very good semi tacky rubber with cake sponge

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2021, 02:43 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

It's been a LONG time since I've posted to the "Training Rubbers" thread:

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=25211

In there, I look at a lot of what's available on AliExpress. Starting with $5 rubbers (729, 868, Reactor Corbor, Yinhe Mercury II and 9000). Towards the end I start trying out expensive rubbers - MX-P, Rakza 7, even Tenergy 05, to see what I was "missing". Why have I stopped trying new rubbers in general? Because - to be honest - I found it hard to tell one rubber apart from the next.. :lol: At least, when it came to actual playing. Different blades can throw me off my game, and make me change how I play. Different rubbers? Might need some minor adjustment from sheet to sheet but naah... Stay away from Reactor Ckylin, though.. :lol: (Chinese Blue Fire my foot.. :lol: )

Incidentally, there's more to it than how rubbers play. Weight (or the consistency thereof) is one thing to consider (some rubbers are HeAvY...). Durability is another (I've had sheets of 868 delaminate in storage - before I could even use them - after about 2 years). "Dish" is another - some rubbers come out of the packet curling toward the sponge, which is the opposite of what you want, since it compresses the topsheet when forced flat. It also makes it hard to apply the rubber to the blade.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2021, 01:05 

Blade: DHS PG7
FH: DHS 651
BH: 1 sided (Red covering)
999T rubber is no doubt BEST rubber for technique, hard, tacky, and cheap.
I believe they're 8$ a sheet at most (Holy crap that's cheap)

Plug 2 on an ALL+/OFF- allwood, a bit on the heavier side of setups, then practice a lot (22 days a month) and change them every month

If you begin it since 3 (but use lighter rubbers first of course for the initial) and learn the technique, I'm dead sure you'll be top 200 in the world when you're like 15/16 and top 10 in your 20s

Sent from my RMX2002 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2021, 04:05 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I ended up not liking 999T - I found it a little too slow. It does have one property that makes it a must-have, though - when it's so humid that other rubbers lose their grip, the various 999s remain usable. So have ONE emergency bat with 999 on it, just for those special occasions when you need it. I think they're made with an older technology. While I think most modern Chinese rubbers are tacky due to a very thin layer of glue applied to the surface, the 999s use nearly unvulcanized rubber for the topsheets. Be careful, store your bats with 999 separate from other bats, put it in a plastic bag before putting it in a racket case. Why? Because after 2-3 years the topsheet turns to goo - and it'll ruin any other bat, or racket case, it's in contact with. The only other sheets I've seen this happen to were those weird Yung long pips (one of them actually has "mushroom pips" - wider at the top compared to the bottom) Eacheng sells (or used to sell).

Yeah, the 999T sponge resembles leather more than it does other sponge.. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2021, 04:41 

Blade: DHS PG7
FH: DHS 651
BH: 1 sided (Red covering)
kanep wrote:
multigryper wrote:
999T rubber is no doubt BEST rubber for technique, hard, tacky, and cheap.
I believe they're 8$ a sheet at most (Holy crap that's cheap)

FYI it looks like 999T is scheduled to be removed from IOC's LARC on September 29, 2021

About 130 or so rubbers are scheduled to be removed from the LARC on September 29, 2021. It is the largest number I have seen, some may return if they pay fees or something.
Sad training noises ,

Edit : Do you know where to view the removals and additions and such?

Sent from my RMX2002 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2021, 18:13 

Blade: Sanwei Fextra
FH: Xiom Vega Europe
BH: Yinhe Uranus Poly
multigryper wrote:
Do you know where to view the removals and additions and such?

Just go to https://equipments.ittf.com/#/equipment ... _coverings and select the "Expires On" to sort using that colum

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2021, 00:42 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Looks like Haifu's gone out of business.. :lol: Wonder if you'll still be able to buy Seamoon.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2022, 16:59 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

To answer my own question - while it seems to be out of the rubber business, Haifu still seems to be making booster. Tabletennis11 sells it. Remember all those weird "white", "yellow" and "black" "National" Haifu boosters you could only get from weird Chinese web sites that sold purportedly "personal sheets" of H3 from various Chinese players? tabletennis11 has them.. :lol:

ITTF was threatening to de-certify rubbers of companies that made boosters, IIRC - I suppose one possible solution was to quit making rubbers (which they might have been planning to do in any case), or change the brand the boosters were sold under. It does seem that no one seems interested in boosters any more, though - they were a HOT topic 5-10 years ago. Still have half a bottle of Seamoon, and partial bottles of others. Haven't touched them in years.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2022, 06:51 

iskandar taib wrote:
It does seem that no one seems interested in boosters any more,
Iskandar

Huh ?

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2022, 20:11 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Haven't seen anyone post anything about boosters for a LONG time.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2022, 08:39 

Blade: Andro Ligna OFF
FH: Spinfire 1.8
BH: Tactics Ox
iskandar taib wrote:
Haven't seen anyone post anything about boosters for a LONG time.

Iskandar

With all due respect, this is not a clear reason to claim boosters are not something people are interested in .

Boosting is in fashion,especially with this plastic ball.Yes, it is true it has been a long time since someone posted information on this topic.

PostPosted: 10 Aug 2022, 23:58 

Blade: Xiom 36.5 ALX
FH: Yinhe Big Dipper
BH: Yinhe Big Dipper
I tried Yinhe Big Dipper, with low expectation. I was wrong. I loved it so much i now use it on FH and BH.