OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:22

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2022, 06:28 

Greetings,

I'm looking to find a rubber like the Fastarc G-1 or Mark V but with a lower throw angle i.e.:
Linear in power, durable and relatively insensitive to spin for something which generates a lot of spin...
but with a shallower trajectory than the aforementioned products.

The setups which have worked for me involve either of those rubbers but were paired with quite stiff 5-ply blades.
I'm now trying to find a suitable rubber for a Defplay Senso which is quite a flexible blade; with the same rubbers, it ended up being too long and loopy for me.
Your experiences with something suitable, relative to the behaviour of a Fastarc G-1 or Mark V would be kindly appreciated. Again, your relative experiences in terms of weight and other qualities (and smell, if I'm honest) are also welcome.

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2022, 22:23 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei Fextra 7
FH: PALIO AK47 Red
BH: Dr. Neubauer K.O. Pro 1.5
IMO changing of the blade is more reasonable.

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2022, 07:14 

Omut wrote:
IMO changing of the blade is more reasonable.

Fair point but I’m trying a more flexible blade to improve backhand chopping with long pips, it’s the inverted side I need to resolve for it to work.

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2022, 05:37 

Blade: Nittaku Barwell ST
FH: Xiom Sigma 2 Europe 2.0
BH: Spinlord Gipfelsturm 1.5
After a some years I just switched my FH from SP to inverted and Xiom Sigma2 Euro was an excellent choice. Relative insensitive to incoming spin, low throw, good spin, devasting flat hits.
My 2 cents.

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2022, 09:36 

Zamma wrote:
After a some years I just switched my FH from SP to inverted and Xiom Sigma2 Euro was an excellent choice. Relative insensitive to incoming spin, low throw, good spin, devasting flat hits.
My 2 cents.

Thanks for your suggestion! Went with the Sigma II Pro due to local availability, lower throw and potentially less difference between new and 100 hours play as the Euro has a “speed glue effect”... could be totally wrong on the second two assumptions. Fingers crossed.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2022, 07:27 

Small follow up: the Sigma II Pro, like the Mark V and Fastarc G-1, specifically on a DefPlay Senso, had a really different trajectory (much longer and more loopy) when hitting with force or blocking anything with pace.
Made one last attempt with a DHS Skyline TG3 (non-neo, 39h) today and finally have predictable topspin shots on this blade, made it linear with a low arc; much more of a stroke needed for backspin but with great control... Not spent much time with it yet but pleased it doesn’t stink the area out like a Hurricane 3 Neo even if it is a bit heavier than the other attempted pairings. Now happy to now slap on my favourite but pricy pips on the other side and get properly accustomed.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!