OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 16:43

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: tacky fh & spinny bh?
PostPosted: 29 Jan 2023, 06:49 

Does this make sense?
How about Donic BlueGrip C2 fh and Joola Dynaryz ACC bh, or
Tibhar K3 fh and Tibhar FX-D bh.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2023, 08:09 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
In what possible circumstance could it not make sense? Your question is equivalent to: can I wear brown trousers with a blue t-shirt? It's entirely personal preference. The rubbers are legal, and if you prefer tacky rubbers on one side to the other, then go ahead and get some. I don't understand what you're expecting to hear.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2023, 08:13 

LordCope wrote:
In what possible circumstance could it not make sense? Your question is equivalent to: can I wear brown trousers with a blue t-shirt? It's entirely personal preference. The rubbers are legal, and if you prefer tacky rubbers on one side to the other, then go ahead and get some. I don't understand what you're expecting to hear.

Well, I had a coach who emphasized tacky fh and spinny bh with new plastic ball. I am wondering if everyone agrees with this philosophy.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2023, 09:17 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
FrenchFrog wrote:
Well, I had a coach who emphasized tacky fh and spinny bh with new plastic ball. I am wondering if everyone agrees with this philosophy.

I think if you ask 10 coaches you'll get 10 different opinions. And it depends on your own playing style, what you're good at and/or like doing most, and your budget.

I think in general there's a trend to more hybrid euro/tacky-style rubbers - if you look at the big brands, their marketing, and what the leading players are doing. However, whether that is relevant to you personally is highly debatable.

Examples: many many top players are still using Tenergy 05 - which came out in 2008. I know quite a few strong veterans who still use Sriver or Mark V, and likewise some who swear by generic Friendship 729.

You're probably over-thinking it.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2023, 21:09 

Blade: Viscaria FL
FH: BlueStar A2, black max
BH: Bluestorm Pro, red max
That's what I've been doing for a while and it works for me. However, come to think of it, it's going to be interesting to turn my bat over in training and see how it goes