OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:19

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2010, 02:48 

Hi,

I've bought this rubber (999 lsz factory tuned) and sadly the tuned effect worn off in 3 weeks... I've put a brand new one sheet this week and of course it's a lot better... hope that this time it will last more than 3 weeks but i am not very optimist to be honest.

Did you see the same thing about the tuning and are you still using this rubber? Is there a new alternative?

Thanks

Backhand : BTY Raystorm 2.1

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2010, 02:55 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
PhtiNIX wrote:
Hi,

I've bought this rubber (999 lsz factory tuned) and sadly the tuned effect worn off in 3 weeks... I've put a brand new one sheet this week and of course it's a lot better... hope that this time it will last more than 3 weeks but i am not very optimist to be honest.

Did you see the same thing about the tuning and are you still using this rubber? Is there a new alternative?

Thanks

Yes I agree, 3 weeks is not really enough... hopefully your next one is better!

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2010, 05:30 
Super User

The weight is a concern for me.
Despite I loved the 999 National, it was VERY heavy !
Is the Xushaofa 999 in the same heavy weight league ?

Thanks for your sharing !

Brahms

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2010, 08:21 
Pop and Swirl
Pop and Swirl

haggisv wrote:
PhtiNIX wrote:
Hi,

Thanks

Hmm. Three weeks of good speed, then it plays like a regular unglued Globe 999?

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2010, 08:29 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

Yuzuki wrote:
haggisv wrote:
PhtiNIX wrote:
Hi,

Thanks

Hmm. Three weeks of good speed, then it plays like a regular unglued Globe 999?

lol thats the trouble with these types of glue affect rubbers it takes 3 weeks to get used to then flat tyre

Table Tennis abbreviations, and acronyms

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2010, 11:00 

Hello,

Brahms : i think it's a bit less heavy but not that much, hard to say as i had globe 999 nat on another blade.

Yuzuki : The rubber is a bit softer than the globe 999 nat, so it's still a bit more bouncy even when the tuning effect is gone, globe 999 nat without booster/SG has a real dead feeling therefore without the tuning effect 999 LSZ is a slow rubber imho.

haggisv : i hope so, this is exactly what could make me fall into the dark side of the force (self boosting) coz it's really a pain to buy a sheet that last 3 weeks and not to have the right to tune it to keep its original properties...

Backhand : BTY Raystorm 2.1

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2010, 00:40 
Pop and Swirl
Pop and Swirl

Got my factory-tuned sheet in, first impression would be: it's a slightly glued, slightly less spinny Globe 999 National. But the weight! Significantly reduced. This Xu Shaofa sheet is quite a bit lighter than expected for Chinese. Nice.

Because of this, my services weren't spinny at all anymore. I'm getting the wrong timing. :lol:

Good for those who are looking for a lightly glued feel, can be played straight out of the packet. Great!

Not very happy with the speed though, must have gotten used to Tenergy too much. With a faster blade like a Viscaria, this will work very nice.

Nice ball cracking sound when hit through hard, and the ball stays on the table. Blocking is...slow. Counterloop instead on-table, it's one of it's strengths.

A buddy noticed that the ball trajectory was 'wobbly', so I guess that means that the amount of spin is making the ball dip more and earlier than he expected.

Looking forward to next week -- it's a long holiday here, so I'll be able to comment on it's performance after a week of being glued on the blade.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2010, 06:49 
Super User

This rubber is not very expensive and not too heavy if I consider the weight seems reduce.
About the feeling, how is the feeling ? is it a real 38° ?
My Juic 999 Elite nano is soft compare to all chinese stuff I've tried so far.
What about the speed ? 3 weeks is not much ... but I should give a try.

Is this rubber similar to the Haifu Blue Whale II Factory tuned ?

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2010, 08:15 
Pop and Swirl
Pop and Swirl

Brahms wrote:
This rubber is not very expensive and not too heavy if I consider the weight seems reduce.
About the feeling, how is the feeling ? is it a real 38° ?
My Juic 999 Elite nano is soft compare to all chinese stuff I've tried so far.
What about the speed ? 3 weeks is not much ... but I should give a try.

Is this rubber similar to the Haifu Blue Whale II Factory tuned ?

I'm not sure if it's a real 38*, but certainly feels like a lightly glued 999 National.
Speed is a bit better than unglued 999 National (it does seem to be lightly speedglued).
Yes, it does seem to be similar to the BWII Factory Tune, only with a much better topsheet. It doesn't seem to suffer the same ball stall problem I had with BWII.

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2010, 07:27 
Super User

Hello,

Can someone compare Xushaofa 999 LSZ with the new Galaxy Venus II ?

Throw ?
Is it softer in term of feeling compare with Xu Shaofa 999 ? (cause I read 44-46° on DHS scale ! )
Weight ?

Thanks all.

Brahms

PostPosted: 27 May 2011, 21:47 

Has anyone tried the new Xushaofa LSZ II 999 Tornado Tension GP sponge (link here)? I see it's available in 3 different hardnesses: 42-44, 45-47 and 48-50. I am curious about the throw and what the hardness numbers mean. Thanks for any info.

PostPosted: 24 May 2012, 01:34 

I ordered Xushaofa LSZ II 999 Tornado Tension GP sponge in 42-44 on TTNPP. Hopefully it will arive within 1-2 weeks, then I'll write an full review. I'm also gonna tune it with dian chi because the factory tuning isn't often very effective, in my experience.

PostPosted: 24 May 2012, 11:16 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Thanks d4ronm, that sounds great!

It would be good to hear how it perform before you tune it yourself, as most people probably would not bother tuning it further.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2016, 02:03 

This rubber is not available at the moment. Not at eacheng, china-friend and so on. They say that XuShaofa has a quality problem. Does anybody know more?

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2016, 03:13 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Who knows... Small brand, OEM'ed rubber (probably comes from Globe or the 999 company) - they probably had a few thousand sheets made, and been selling them ever since, and maybe ran out 4 years ago... Since then the molds probably went missing.. :lol: In the meantime all this neat stuff comes out from DHS and no National Team player uses anything else, so no incentive to make more because they won't be able to sell much anymore... :lol: There's probably still a FEW sheets left somewhere because someone's been paying ITTF to keep this rubber on the LARC, but it's probably only available from some supplier in China.

Note that most of the posts here are from 2010, a couple from 2012.. Back then what were people using? Probably all that low-VOC speed glue such as Haifu Whale II (which you can still get). I'll betcha this stuff is probably pretty similar:

http://www.tenryu.com.my/store/Globe-99 ... d=842&in=5

If you want it "tuned", pay another RM20:

http://www.tenryu.com.my/store/Glueing+ ... d=876&in=1

or buy a bottle of Dianchi:

http://www.tenryu.com.my/store/Dianchi- ... d=834&in=3

Iskandar

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!