OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:30

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2007, 10:30 

DISCLAIMER - i have never really done a rubber review, so let me know if you have any questions of things i left out.

I just got my new f3 bigslam 2.3mm and cut and put it on. I was hesitant to try and put any EEII on it as i didn't want to damage it at all......but i put them both on my korbel, the f3, and the refoma with 3 nice layers of glue, and i did a comparison.

Speed- Of course, f3 is a little slower, but surprisingly not much. I did a test where i held the paddle in one place and let the robot fire a ball at it. This gave me 2 things, speed, and throw angle. The f3 has a WAY higher throw angle than the refoma.

Spin - At first, none of my loops were landing with the f3, i thought " oh great this thing isn't as spinny as i thought it was gonna be". It took me a few minutes to realize how much different of a throw angle these had. When i adjusted the blade to be more horizontal to the ground, they all started landing with plenty of spin. I think it had about as much spin as the refoma did, it was just hard to brush loop with because of the really high throw angle. You had to really go through the ball to get the same result. When i tried a few shots on the backhand, the desto was SOOO much easier than the refoma. It's high throw let me snap that wrist really powerfully and every shot would rocket, dropping with lot's of spin.

Control - Both were satisfactory, i think when i get used to the throw angle of the desto, it will be easier to control on opening loops, especially backspin.

Serves - The high throw of the desto, and the slightly slower speed really allowed me to go at it when trying to get underspin. I could achieve just as much underspin as i could with refoma, so i see no problems with service.

Sound - When they say this thing sounds glued, THEY WERE NOT LIEING. It was 10X as loud as my glued refoma. The loudest rubber ive ever played with. Every shot just went POP!!!! It's pretty incredible, if sound is something you get excited about like me.

Feel - i enjoyed the feel of the desto more, i could really feel every shot better. This could be because the desto is brand new, but still, i actually really like the softness of it.

overall, im really really surprised by this rubber. I think it is a great replacement to glueing and im happy so far. I haven't played a match yet, but from hitting on the robot i can tell it should be good. Now the only question is how long with the effect last and how long will the rubber itself last....

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Sep 2007, 10:50 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Nice review lildudejds!

10 X as loud sounds impressive...although I really prefer tacky rubbers I'm getting tempted now....

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Sep 2007, 10:59 

i have used desto f1,f2,f3 and super sonic as well as sf40.
out of the whole lot, the two that are most versatile would be the f2 and f3.
it is true that f3 give a very loud pop (unglued-mated to a hard blade).
very nice spring and true euro like rubber! huge mechanical spin. does not last too long as they are quite brittle.
can be an alternative to the glue ban but is expensive to replace that often.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Sep 2007, 11:12 

haggisv wrote:
Nice review lildudejds!

10 X as loud sounds impressive...although I really prefer tacky rubbers I'm getting tempted now....

10x may be a slight exaggeration, but the point i was getting to was that it is SUPER LOUD. It is louder than any rubber ive ever used(and speed glued) and just as loud as any rubber ive ever heard anybody using. It just makes you feel good when you hear it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Sep 2007, 11:17 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Heh heh... yes I know what you mean...

I wonder how much louder the F3 bigslam is compared to the normal F3...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Sep 2007, 11:25 

well i havn't used normal f3, but ive used f2. Bigslam is way louder than normal f2 i can tell you that much.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2007, 11:30 
Rotatus Maximus
Rotatus Maximus

lildudejds wrote:
...but i put them both on my korbel, the f3, and the refoma with 3 nice layers of glue, and i did a comparison.

Speed glue or EEII ?

Member of Anastasia's Fan Club

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Sep 2007, 11:43 

The desto was normal, no speed glue or EEII, the refoma was speed glued with 3 nice thick layers.

PostPosted: 07 May 2022, 16:33 
Super User

Blade: Xiom Michelangelo
FH: andro Rasanter R48
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 25 FX