OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 22:57

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Victas Vs>401
PostPosted: 27 Feb 2013, 06:25 
Super User

Any more reviews of this mysterious rubber? I am very tempted to order and give it a try myself on my Defplay Senso.

USATT Rating: 2013

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2013, 08:47 
The King

This is an amazing rubber and probably one of the best if not the best chopping rubber ever. I tried this on a Victas Matsushita blade last Saturday and bought a sheet immediately. The spin on chops has to be seen to be believed. The ball stays very flat on chops and bounces just a little on contact with the table. Still enough power to attack, I am currently playing with a black 2mm sheet.

Still this is not a rubber for everyone as the sponge is quite hard. It actually reminded me a lot of the old shiny like a mirror meteor 813. If you liked 813 you will love the 401. When hitting the ball there is a quite hard sound, then some delay and then the ball takes off. The 813 also had this characteristic and it helps to disrupt your opponent's timing.

I actually did not play a lot with the Victas tonight as today I played against mostly lower ranked players and literally nobody could loop twice in a row. Even attempted dropshots bounced on their half of the table first very often. The big test will be on Wednesday when I play the higher ranked players.

Put to rest:
Galaxy T10 Bluefire M2 2.0 Palio Ck531a ox
Victas Koji Matsushita Tibhar Genius+Optimium sound MAX * Spinlord Dornenglanz ox
Donic Defplay Senso Tibhar Aurus Sound Black max * Grass D-tecs ox

Check out my quest for my new blade here: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=23241
Current standings:
Butterfly Matshushita powerdefence * Joola Chen Weixing * Nittaku KVU * Nittaku Shake defense* Tibhar stratus power defense * Victas Koji Matsushita * Yasaka Sweeper * Win-Tec power defence

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2013, 21:08 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
Elvis56 wrote:
This is an amazing rubber and probably one of the best if not the best chopping rubber ever. I tried this on a Victas Matsushita blade last Saturday and bought a sheet immediately. The spin on chops has to be seen to be believed. The ball stays very flat on chops and bounces just a little on contact with the table. Still enough power to attack, I am currently playing with a black 2mm sheet.

Still this is not a rubber for everyone as the sponge is quite hard. It actually reminded me a lot of the old shiny like a mirror meteor 813. If you liked 813 you will love the 401. When hitting the ball there is a quite hard sound, then some delay and then the ball takes off. The 813 also had this characteristic and it helps to disrupt your opponent's timing.

I actually did not play a lot with the Victas tonight as today I played against mostly lower ranked players and literally nobody could loop twice in a row. Even attempted dropshots bounced on their half of the table first very often. The big test will be on Wednesday when I play the higher ranked players.

Keep us posted, Elvis.

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2013, 09:40 
Chop the Ball not the Beard!
Chop the Ball not the Beard!

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: hybrid k1 euro
BH: Curl p1r 1.0
sooooo Elvis, how is going with the VIctas?

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2013, 16:44 
The King

manofan wrote:
sooooo Elvis, how is going with the VIctas?

So far so good, I posted about playing with the 401 against the higher ranked players in my blog. Unfortunately I stopped playing with the Victas Matsushita. Now playing with the 401 on the Victas blade on which it behaves quite different. Quite a bit faster and a little less spin. Testing again tonight.

Put to rest:
Galaxy T10 Bluefire M2 2.0 Palio Ck531a ox
Victas Koji Matsushita Tibhar Genius+Optimium sound MAX * Spinlord Dornenglanz ox
Donic Defplay Senso Tibhar Aurus Sound Black max * Grass D-tecs ox

Check out my quest for my new blade here: http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=23241
Current standings:
Butterfly Matshushita powerdefence * Joola Chen Weixing * Nittaku KVU * Nittaku Shake defense* Tibhar stratus power defense * Victas Koji Matsushita * Yasaka Sweeper * Win-Tec power defence

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2013, 16:29 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
I am curious, how fast is this rubber compared to Neo H3 and Palio Thors? I just orderd Kojis blade and I think that this rubber might be a little too slow on that blade (I am used to Joo Se Hyuk with Thors). But I also like the idea of a controlled spinny rubber with some speed...

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2013, 17:10 

I played with the Neo H3 years ago, but never tried the Thor's. All I can say about the 401 is, that it is definetly NOT slow! Speed is somewhat comparable to Neo H3, if I recall that correctly. The 401 is a tiny bit more lively than the usual chinese suspects (at least that is my impression), altough it is nowhere near being springy as the usual tensors. In total I would say, that the 401 is a rubber between chinese and tensor rubbers. With its dense 50° sponge it is quite heavy though.

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2013, 18:27 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Coxeroni wrote:
I played with the Neo H3 years ago, but never tried the Thor's. All I can say about the 401 is, that it is definetly NOT slow! Speed is somewhat comparable to Neo H3, if I recall that correctly. The 401 is a tiny bit more lively than the usual chinese suspects (at least that is my impression), altough it is nowhere near being springy as the usual tensors. In total I would say, that the 401 is a rubber between chinese and tensor rubbers. With its dense 50° sponge it is quite heavy though.

How tacky compared to H3?

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2013, 18:42 

Def-attack wrote:
Coxeroni wrote:

Not tacky but very grippy. Similarly grippy as Neo H3 I would say.

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2013, 18:50 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Coxeroni wrote:
Def-attack wrote:
Coxeroni wrote:

Not tacky but very grippy. Similarly grippy as Neo H3 I would say.

Sounds nice, I will order one :)

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2013, 08:58 
Super User

Yes 401 is an hybrid between china and japanese rubbers. Thor's is a hybrid, Vega China is a hybrid, 401 is a hybrid. All three are pretty hard. Thor's has weird playing characteristics, I like to call it "crappy", and did not like it at all. Vega China is pretty fast, no china rubber can reach to this speed, but its still slower than most modern japanese rubbers. 401 is just abit slower than Vega China, but still faster then any china rubbers I've played with. 401 is best to chop with, and, if you use an elastic blade, pretty darn good to play topspin too. I like it more than Vega China.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2013, 17:00 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Thanks Klaus123! :up:

What thickness do you need to loop with it? Is the sponge as hard as the Vega China?

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2013, 07:52 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Today I tried 401 a little more. Difficult to sat anything since I am all new to the blade I keep it on (Victas Matsushita). But this combination is very controlled, yet loops and counters carries lors of speed. But with my technique loops are a bit toothless - not enough spin. Also, I get more spin on pushes from my Thors. However, FH chopping is very good, but I don't know if the rubber has much to do with that since the blade is fabulous for choppng. I might move this rubber to my spare Joo-blade, then I will noe more about it.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2013, 09:31 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
Def-attack wrote:
Today I tried 401 a little more. Difficult to sat anything since I am all new to the blade I keep it on (Victas Matsushita). But this combination is very controlled, yet loops and counters carries lors of speed. But with my technique loops are a bit toothless - not enough spin. Also, I get more spin on pushes from my Thors. However, FH chopping is very good, but I don't know if the rubber has much to do with that since the blade is fabulous for choppng. I might move this rubber to my spare Joo-blade, then I will noe more about it.

Curious to hear you further feedback.

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2013, 22:06 

Seems to be a technical issue, because I am generating loads of spin with loops with the 401 on my VKM. I can nicely switch between brush looping for high spin balls and more direct hitting at loops for more power.

Compared to springy ESN rubbers, you always have to perform a proper stroke at loops. But if you do, you are rewarded with well controllable, spinny and fast loops. This is one of the best features of the rubber, I always know in advance, what I can get out of it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next