OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:12

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: Training rubber
PostPosted: 18 Dec 2017, 02:26 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Palio's Tensors (Thor's especially, but also .. what was it called? Macro Era?) are generally a little cheaper than the Euro-branded ones. Yet they're made in Germany. Might be worth a try. Also the various Tin Arcs are supposed to be quite Tensor like (at least, the sheet I had was, as far as I could tell... and to be honest I can't really say there's a HUGE difference - a subtle difference, yes, but they all play about the same more or less, in the end..).

Iskandar

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2018, 01:17 

seems the black sheet in my 868 training version pack is thinner and a bit slower than the red rubber. anyone else have this? i wish i had know this before gluing the way i did on my N11 (i like to put red on lens side, now it's on black).

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2018, 02:15 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

In general, black sheets are said to be slightly softer and slower than red ones, which is supposedly why the Chinese national players always use black H3 on their forehands instead of red. No idea if the 868 black topsheet is slightly thinner or not - and whether that's for ALL sheets of 868 or just yours... :lol: I imagine there probably will be some variation from sheet to sheet, but they all supposedly came out of the same sets of molds...

Iskandar

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2018, 03:04 

iskandar taib wrote:
In general, black sheets are said to be slightly softer and slower than red ones, which is supposedly why the Chinese national players always use black H3 on their forehands instead of red. No idea if the 868 black topsheet is slightly thinner or not - and whether that's for ALL sheets of 868 or just yours... :lol: I imagine there probably will be some variation from sheet to sheet, but they all supposedly came out of the same sets of molds...

Iskandar

i was talking about the sponge being thinner on the black, not the topsheet, sorry for not specifying. here's a picture for comparison: https://imgur.com/a/gdiaK. in my view the black sheet sponge is not 2.2mm (more like 2.0, perhaps just 2.1?, but definitely thinner!).

btw doesn't preferring black over red topsheet on forehand for the chinese come from the black sheet being more consistent since it doesn't need articial red dying or something?

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2018, 10:33 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Ah... I can't say I've noticed that. There are, of course, manufacturing tolerances, and it's likely that in some packets the sponge under the black sheets are thinner (and maybe they're the opposite in other sheets), but never to the point where I noticed. I did get a pair of sheets of 999T once that had what looked to me to be overly thick sponge. With cheap sheets, caveat emptor, I suppose. And when they're cheap there's no point in complaining too much.. :lol:

I did notice that 868 (the 2-for-1 packs) had thinner sponge (yeah, more like 2.0 rather than 2.2mm) than other brands, right in the beginning, if you look at some of the earliest posts on this thread. Noticeably lighter as a result.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2018, 19:30 

iskandar taib wrote:
Ah... I can't say I've noticed that. There are, of course, manufacturing tolerances, and it's likely that in some packets the sponge under the black sheets are thinner (and maybe they're the opposite in other sheets), but never to the point where I noticed. I did get a pair of sheets of 999T once that had what looked to me to be overly thick sponge. With cheap sheets, caveat emptor, I suppose. And when they're cheap there's no point in complaining too much.. :lol:

I did notice that 868 (the 2-for-1 packs) had thinner sponge (yeah, more like 2.0 rather than 2.2mm) than other brands, right in the beginning, if you look at some of the earliest posts on this thread. Noticeably lighter as a result.

Iskandar

are you talking about globe 999s or the 'three nine'/'999' brand's 1+1 training rubbers?

i think i got the odd 2.2mm sheet then, not the 'odd' 2.0mm sheet, which is the intended thickness despite the description. :D

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2018, 20:41 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Three Nine brand.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2018, 23:40 

Blade: XIOM ZETA TETRA QUAD
FH: 729 08 PRETUNED
BH: YASAKA SHINING DRAGON
Hi Man ii,
I am new to the forum have u ever tried yasaka shining dragon on a non balsa blade,Balsa blades not good for chineses rubbers u have to make a lot of effort and end up having injuries,thats how i started having my table tennis elbow.I have two new sheets of YSD Red Max.

My current set up yasaka ma lin soft with 729 08 pretuned on fh and battle 1 on bh.729 08 is a hard rubber,i have made the top sheet aoft by applying the falco life expander once a week and its playing darn good.battle 1 is 20 dollars,08 is 14 dollars and blade is 30 on table tennis 11 total cost less than 1 sheet of t 05

My Back up is yeo p 7 with battle 2 on fh and rakza 7 on bh ,battle 2 top layer made soft with falco life expander again once a week.Battle 2 has 4 layers of xtreme booster on it with darn good response.Problem is looping from 2 metres away where the ball goes out of table

I have another 2 blades Donier Balsa + with rakza 7 on fh and rakza 7 soft on bh,i tried h3 neo and skyline 3 neo with poor response and ended up having elbow issue, so i had to change it to rakza line,same thing happened with Donier Balsa carbon off and it has rakza line as above.Both blades are well made pro line but have balsa cores

I play chinese style of forehand wanted to know the how much effort needed with the YSD on balsa and non balsa blades.I started playing after 12 yrs of hiatus ranked around 1600 in us.I love the yasaka ma lin soft great control and less effort compared to yeo power 7

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2018, 04:19 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Do not swop horses ....

Timo Boll always using Tenergy rubbers of one-same weight of 84 grammes unpacked. He keeps another an "emergency racket" in his bag, the same racket both for training and competition.

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2018, 14:11 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
We are not Timo Boll.
We can use whatever we want.

All four I take with me to the club. 4 different blades with 4 different rubbers.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2018, 15:06 
Super User

Blade: DHS PowerG-9 OFF++
FH: Yasaka Rakza X
BH: Palio Thor
anand0077 wrote:
Hi Man ii,
I am new to the forum have u ever tried yasaka shining dragon on a non balsa blade,Balsa blades not good for chineses rubbers u have to make a lot of effort and end up having injuries,thats how i started having my table tennis elbow.I have two new sheets of YSD Red Max.

My current set up yasaka ma lin soft with 729 08 pretuned on fh and battle 1 on bh.729 08 is a hard rubber,i have made the top sheet aoft by applying the falco life expander once a week and its playing darn good.battle 1 is 20 dollars,08 is 14 dollars and blade is 30 on table tennis 11 total cost less than 1 sheet of t 05

My Back up is yeo p 7 with battle 2 on fh and rakza 7 on bh ,battle 2 top layer made soft with falco life expander again once a week.Battle 2 has 4 layers of xtreme booster on it with darn good response.Problem is looping from 2 metres away where the ball goes out of table

I have another 2 blades Donier Balsa + with rakza 7 on fh and rakza 7 soft on bh,i tried h3 neo and skyline 3 neo with poor response and ended up having elbow issue, so i had to change it to rakza line,same thing happened with Donier Balsa carbon off and it has rakza line as above.Both blades are well made pro line but have balsa cores

I play chinese style of forehand wanted to know the how much effort needed with the YSD on balsa and non balsa blades.I started playing after 12 yrs of hiatus ranked around 1600 in us.I love the yasaka ma lin soft great control and less effort compared to yeo power 7

Hi dude

Welcome to the forum ! :-)

I switched from the heavy DHS PG9 with TG2Neo + G888 which was ~197grams :-P because it was too heavy for me and I had suffered 1.5 years of tennis-elbow and golf-elbow becos of the heavyweight racket.

Now all my blades are balsa only except for the PG9. All the blades are now around 150 - 160 grams. Tennis-elbow and Golf-elbow are completely healed and have not recurred even if I do use the PG9.

I am a C-pen RPB player mostly two-wing looper. Rarely I will try to smash. I can decently play good push game, loop-counterloop near- and mid-table distance. Simple short underspin serves with side-spin variations. Recently I have been trying to develop power in my FH strokes.

Yasaka Battle Balsa with YSD has been producing very good results for me both FH and BH strokes. I have started to generate quite a lot of power and consistently able to land balls on the table.

Tennis-elbow / Golf-elbow usually can be cured short-term by visiting physio who will give "cortisone" ? Steriod ? injection into the elbow tendon ? But long-term usually technique / stroke usually is putting stress on the elbow joint needs to be corrected or strength building needed.

Since I am going to train for becoming a two-wing looper, I am mostly mid-distance player. Far-distance from table is something I haven't mastered yet, though I will train for it at some point in time.

I always felt most comfortable with Balsa blades due to flex and spring effect. Contrary to most people's experience with balsa I haven't suffered from performance loss or extreme drop-off speed with Balsa + Chinese rubbers. This might be becos I play near-table and mid-table and not nearly enough from far-table distance yet.

YSD from my experience, requires more effort than say Euro rubbers but not as much effort compared to say H3Neo on a Balsa blade. In fact, I might say that YSD is almost as soft as any Medium-hard Euro rubber! :-)

I went from Yasaka Rakza7 ---> Yasaka Rising Dragon ---> Yasaka Shining Dragon because I didn't have enough muscle power to use Chinese rubber until very recently.

YSD has medium-low throw angle. You need slightly more open blade to brush the ball, and quite fast compared to say unboosted H3Neo so you need to close the racket as you finish playing the stroke similar to with the Rakza7.

1. FH/BH-YRakza9/XOmegaVT
    2. FH/BH-TSP Spectol/Yinhe Qing OX
  • 729 Bomb C-P : FH/BH-DHS H2 Orig/DHS H3 Orig
  • TSP Versal :
    1. FH/BH-XOmegaVA/YJupiter-II
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Yasaka Battle Balsa(ST) : FH/BH- DHS TG2Neo/Gewo HypeXT 47
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)
    ***************************** : FH/BH-YRakza7/YRakza7
==========================================================

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2018, 13:11 

Blade: XIOM ZETA TETRA QUAD
FH: 729 08 PRETUNED
BH: YASAKA SHINING DRAGON
I agree with you also its got something to do with the blade handle too .i recently lost to a guy in A singles finals in 5 sets after leading 2 to 1 it was painful too me as it was the end the day and my legs were stuck in sand.I checked his blade after the match and that stiga master flared handle is so sweet it fit my hand like a glove and perfect for both fh and bh.
729 bomb has conical flared handle in which i never had table tennis elbow,yasaka blades are so good except for handles compared to stiga,stiga blades suck and are more heavy but their handles are well made.
After i started playing with yeop7 and used chinese rubbers on bh and fh thats when i started having table tennis elbow,its got to do something with the fh and not bh.I practiced only bh and after few days only fh had more pain with fh,Then i saw this video in which emratrich shows real way of looping (chinese method) chinese take their hand way behind the thigh and straighten it to stretch and then pound the ball every time.Look at the video slow u will find it .Once i started doing this my fh loops are at different level and guys in my club cant even block 30% of my loops and my elbow pain is very minor,also simultaneously i am doing this elastic hand press to strengthen the fore arm muscles.
Looking at the way u have been handling the medium hard chinese rubbers on the balsa blades,i may use 729 faster on the fh and rakza 7 on bh and try how it goes and will let you know.Unfortunately not all balsa blades have great flex so u will not get the trampoline effect .

PostPosted: 18 May 2018, 20:35 
Super User

Blade: DHS PowerG-9 OFF++
FH: Yasaka Rakza X
BH: Palio Thor
Sadly my old sheets of YSD are now damaged beyond repair. Mainly due to me boosting them with 5/ yes / FIVE layers of Falco Tempo booster. The poor abused rubbers didn't last long afterwards.

Right now I am testing DHS H2 / H3 Original versions and DHS TG2Neo and Palio Thors.

H2 / H3 had to get 1 layer of Falco Tempo before they would soften up enough to stick to the blade else the rubbers would just pop off the blade ... no dome ... no dish ... just too hard sponge.

TG2Neo comes in a vacuum sealed pack. Palio Thors is faster than say DHS TG3-60 Mid-Hard and tacky.

Explosive FH strokes with 729 SuperFX don't work, there isn't enough spin to pull the ball down to the table. H2 / H3 are harder rubbers and you can play a more aggressive stroke, but it takes so much effort to impart enough spin.

TG2Neo and Thors are a bit fast, but TG2Neo is helping keeping the ball on the table. Less effort compared to H2 / H3. Thors is unusually high throw, but it works well in the BH since RPB tends to close the bat angle a lot.

Pushes are sensitive, so have to play carefully close to the table and same goes for blocking.

1. FH/BH-YRakza9/XOmegaVT
    2. FH/BH-TSP Spectol/Yinhe Qing OX
  • 729 Bomb C-P : FH/BH-DHS H2 Orig/DHS H3 Orig
  • TSP Versal :
    1. FH/BH-XOmegaVA/YJupiter-II
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Yasaka Battle Balsa(ST) : FH/BH- DHS TG2Neo/Gewo HypeXT 47
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)
    ***************************** : FH/BH-YRakza7/YRakza7
==========================================================

PostPosted: 23 May 2018, 06:15 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Pcs-Lot-Upgraded-Version-Table-Tennis-Rubber-Ping-Pong-Rubber-High-Quality/122915177826?hash=item1c9e50c562:m:mkK2-lOC1ixnySTWOHBZlaA

Hmm, what is this? 3.75$ each and over 120 sold. "Upgraded Version Table Tennis Rubber"
When I zoomed in it said Hurricane Storm on the rubber I think

PostPosted: 23 May 2018, 19:15 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Good old Hueison.. They make a bunch of stuff, mostly accessories and pre-made rackets. Not exactly high quality. Definitely not ITTF approved (I just checked the LARC just to be sure). This is their rubber, I suppose. It's probably usable (as is a lot of Chinese off-brand rubbers - and there are a lot of them). Probably plenty good enough for a rebound board, though you can probably find Reactor Corbor at that price.

Actually, there's a way to make off-brand or counterfeit stuff play better than the real thing. How's that? Make the sheets 5mm thick with 3.2mm sponge... :lol:

Iskandar

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next