OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:34

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re: Tenergy 80 FX review
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2015, 03:51 

spin_attack wrote:
spin_attack wrote:
ChrisBuer wrote:
Strongpong / Haggis,

Your comments about the 80-FX having a higher throw, bouncier feel and the balls going long all sound familiar. They sound familiar because this is exactly what happens to me when I put a new sheet of 05-FX on my blade.

It always takes a few matches before the rubber beds in and that bouncy / springy nature calms down. Therefore I wonder how much of this bouncy nature is due to the rubber being new (Alex does allude to this in his review).

I might be completely wrong as I've never played with 80-FX, but I'd be interested to hear what it feels like after a few more hours of play.

Hey Chris, You took the words right out of my mind.
I recently got a sheet of 80fx 2.1 and 05fx 2.1 put on my new PetrKorbel. (was assembled by mega spin)
Using 80fx for my BH, seems very sensitive to sin coming spin, ball flies off. Returning underspin with chops has the ball floating away too long and too flat.
Still waiting for the rubber to get stubbed in by the ball as it feels very inconsistent. :swear:
I'm now considering using it on the FH, else it's a complete waste for me. I'm mostly a 3rd/5th ball attack player.

Hope the other guys enjoying it though.
Cheers!

Played again for about 2hrs, now using the 80fx on the FH and the 05fx on the BH and everything seems different. The 80fx was good for looping, but counter looping needed a lot of control and pushes and blocks were good too. Opening up on heavy underspin was still difficult as I was some how not able to find enough grip on the rubber, most shots landed up in the net even with a lot of effort. :sweat: (This problem never occurred with my earlier Mrak V, if I put more effort the ball would definitely reach farther) the 80fx really surprised me here. :sweat:
This is just my 3rd day with the rubber and first time using the 80fx on my FH.
Nevertheless the rubber is definitely very sensitive to Incoming spin and needs a lot of control for the slow game. :^)

BTY PETR KORBEL FL, T05fx 2.1, T80fx 2.1

PostPosted: 18 May 2015, 16:09 

Hey guys,

I've had the new sheets on my BTY PetrKorbel for about 4 weeks now. T80fx 2.1 Black & T05fx 2.1 Red.
Prior to this I've been using the Mark V on both sides. Then shifted to a fake racket I bought on Ali Express( Blade: Stiga cargo 7.6 wrb, FH: Tenergy 05/2.1 , BH: DHS 3Neo Provincial) all fake, but by far the best racket I have played with. I have seen my game play like a dream with this set, 3rd & 5th ball attacks are mostly winners....perfect control, gears kick in when u want them to, but slightly slower than any genuine setup. But if ur strokes are correct this set delivers. Requires a lot more effort, but very rewarding.

Now, coming to my all BTY setup.
I found the racket very hard to control at first. It is fast. Here I will be reviewing only the T80fx since I use it on my FH now, and that the only time I feel one can completely review a rubber's characteristic, simply because your strokes are fuller, longer and more correct.

Serves:
U need to be very sure how & where ur placing the ball in your court, cause there are chances that it'll end up long or high. Spin is good, nothing overwhelming, in fact the rubber feels like it lacks a grip(I keep my rubber very clean).
To get max results, the wrist action has to be very deep to generate max spin.

Returning serves:
The rubber has a higher throw while playing slow spiny shots. Simply put in my opinion it is considerably sensitive to incoming spin.
I actually switched from using the T80fx on my BH to FH because of this reason, as the ball would simply pop high or too long while returning spiny serves.

Flicks:
I would not review this stroke as my FH flicks is not my best stroke. I'm pretty weak at it and have just not managed to learn the correct technique to deliver this stroke flawlessly. :punch:

Looping on underspin:
This is where I'd say this rubber has failed me. I will never compromise on technique or effort that goes into delivering a perfect stroke, and this rubber has got me swinging like a fool now, but just not able to counter a heavy underspin with a loop.
This used to be my strongest point, even able to pull of the widest shots, with arms completely stretch and all effort into try and convert my opponents underspin into a topspin loop. Just doesn't make it.
The rubber displays very Low throw in this respect and I feel that's mainly cause it's sensitive to incoming spin. (Same reason the ball pops high while returning incoming spin serve)

The rubber doesn't feel tacky, and surely lacks grip while trying to achieve this. On the other hand while trying to loop a flat (no spin) incoming ball does throw the ball high and needs getting used to, to land ur shot on the other side.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Counter Looping:
This takes a while to get used to as most balls end up long on the third attempt or so...
I would treat these as problems with the player(me) as I'm still trying to adapt to the rubber being more sensitive to spin than my previously used sheet.
But the speed generated is good, the direction of shots comes of accurately, accept that there is very little arc generated in spite of the stroke being completed perfectly.

Blocks:
Blocking is a dream. You can put the ball back just as fast as it came in and placement is no problem.
This is where I'd say this rubber shines, is how the sponge and the top sheet is able to direct the ball back with good speed and perfect placement.

Chopping/Underspin:
Rubber tends to show his throw characteristic. The ball floats a lot and once again being able to put ur own spin will really judge ur skills in balancing a deep wrist movement(to generate spin) but not applying too much force to send the ball long and high. Basically this rubber makes it very difficult once u get into a chopping rally who's playing with a sheet that has higher spin and more control. :angel:

This is all I'd like to mention as of now, as my game is one of close to the table and mid-distance,
Mainly 3rd and 5th ball attack and the strokes I've reviewed here are mainly all that I'm using for the majority of my play.

Hope my 2 bits make some sense. Once again it's just what I feel and even though I've been playing for over 16yrs now, I'm sure my game is not worthy of judging the equipment I just did.
Only writing here, too see if there are others who feel the same as I do, or is there something I'm doing drastically wrong.

The Switch Back.
I'll be switching over to The T05fx on my FH just to see how it behaves. That should give me a lil more insight on my own game.

Cheers!!!

BTY PETR KORBEL FL, T05fx 2.1, T80fx 2.1

PostPosted: 19 May 2015, 01:04 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
I'm using T80 FX for a year now. I don't find anything wrong with it. It's well balanced and has good feeling. Maybe you used too much of a thickness or on a wrong blade. If you find this one not enjoyable to play with, you'll find the T05 FX even less enjoyable.

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2022, 06:27 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Having recently tried out a part worn sheet of 05fx with good results i.e lots of spin with controllable speed I decided to give 80fx a go also in 1.9mm.

Initial results on an S&T black & white blade were not great the softer topsheet and extra speed with lower arc, gave me less control and spin than the 05fx sheet, the rubber not seeming to harmonise well with the blades catapult on harder shots. Played today with the 80fx on a Sanwei feather carbon which is slower (all+) with higher throw and less catapult and results were much better - much easy to hit spinny openings as well as block and chop.

So my opinion so far is nice medium hard and medium speed tensor with good feel and grip for all round play but very blade dependant.